Asst Coach Mike Longabardi to Leave for Phoenix

2 posters

Go down

Asst Coach Mike Longabardi to Leave for Phoenix Empty Asst Coach Mike Longabardi to Leave for Phoenix

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Mike Longabardi, who has been an assistant coach under Doc since 2007-2008, is leaving the Celtics to be an assistant coach under Jeff Hornacek in Phoenix.  According to the Globe, it is a "similar position".

Ok, now this really is getting disturbing.  It's one thing to leave because you're getting a promotion, obviously, but he's going from an assistant coaching job to another assistant coaching job, on a team that is an even bigger rebuild than ours.

It's starting to look like rats deserting a sinking ship.  Can't blame the rats, it's sinking, what do you expect them to do, they're not the captain who is expected to go down with it, but what's going on here?

Ray Allen bails.
Doc wants to bail.
KG will bail with Doc despite his childhood friend PP being here.
Longabardi bails.

I don't know why Longabardi is leaving, but it is now looking like Rondo's somewhere in the middle of the Ray and Doc issues.  I can't see Longabardi leaving because it's a rebuild, Phoenix is a mess.  Furthermore, as MrKleen has pointed out on another thread, we've got a pretty decent bunch of younger players even if you leave KG and Pierce out (Rondo, Sully, Green, Bradley, Lee, Bass).

WTF?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Asst Coach Mike Longabardi to Leave for Phoenix Empty Re: Asst Coach Mike Longabardi to Leave for Phoenix

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Bob,

WTF is right. I'd have to say change bothers some people. The end of an era often prompts personnel to leave; I believe it happens in all pro sports. This team can succeed with the right system in place. I wouldn't mind seeing Hollins or Karl here next season. Those guys would coach circles around Rivers.

But an Asst. coach leaving isn't really a huge deal. I'm sure there's another guy out there waiting for his chance to get his foot in the door of a coaching career.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down