Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny?

+3
gyso
dboss
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Will Danny be active by the trade deadline?

Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Vote_lcap8%Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Vote_lcap75%Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 9 ]
Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Vote_lcap17%Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Vote_lcap0%Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Empty Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny?

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:30 pm

What do you think? The trade deadline is in about 4 weeks and things (especially rumors) are going to start flying very soon. Hell, they already are with the rumor about Phil wanting to unload Melo on us.

I don't want to color anybody's opinions, but for me any trade that involved a Nets pick is a major trade regardless of whether you like the player(s) he is giving up or the player(s) he is getting but use your own judgment and standards. Unless it is obvious (e.g. Cousins) please explain what makes you consider it to be major or minor or other.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Empty Re: Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny?

Post by dboss Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Thanks Bob
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny? Empty Re: Will Trader Danny be...well...Trader Danny?

Post by dboss Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:26 pm

I choose minor trade to sure up the rebounding. A major deal would as you pointed out involve one of the Nets pick and limit cap space I think. Danny may keep his powder dry.

I do expect a trade because danny likes to make trades.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Minor trade, something that opens up a roster spot or two.

Two or three players for one, pack up a couple of our second round picks to go for incentive.  

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by international Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Reports are that Larry Sanders had a practices with the Celtics and they liked what they saw.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:00 pm

http://www.celticsblog.com/2017/1/26/14407738/larry-sanders-workout-with-celtics

international

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:11 am

Bob,

Great topic for debate and a poll.

I said no trade.  I think we're seeing the emergence of a core with Thomas, Bradley and Horford.  I'll qualify that slightly by saying jury is still out on Horford after his slow start due to injury.

Bradley is probably our most "tradeable" player in terms of value, but I'm not certain if Stevens is ready to go with Smart at 2-guard in the starting backcourt. Bradley does have better shooting ability there, and I don't see Smart going either because of depth and defensive skills.  If I'm wrong, I'd expect to see Bradley depart because of his value and the fact I see us keeping that top pick.

This year's Nets pick is potentially going to land in too high a spot to swap, and we don't have anyone or any picks that are going to be overly prized by other teams.  It's also too early in Brown's development to know where and if he fits, so dealing him or Crowder would be unwise.  If Brown is a 2-guard, and I'm starting to think he's not a small forward, that could also make Bradley available.

With no real prospect/suspect appearing available or being shopped that would help us take a step forward, why deal at all?  I don't think we have anyone, or any pick, save the first, to get it done.  So I expect we won't.  If anything maybe an end-of-bench type signing if we send a reserve off.

I think we keep the pick, keep Bradley, and hold tight through the draft.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:51 am

NYCelt wrote:Bob,

Great topic for debate and a poll.

I said no trade.  I think we're seeing the emergence of a core with Thomas, Bradley and Horford.  I'll qualify that slightly by saying jury is still out on Horford after his slow start due to injury.

Bradley is probably our most "tradeable" player in terms of value, but I'm not certain if Stevens is ready to go with Smart at 2-guard in the starting backcourt. Bradley does have better shooting ability there, and I don't see Smart going either because of depth and defensive skills.  If I'm wrong, I'd expect to see Bradley depart because of his value and the fact I see us keeping that top pick.

This year's Nets pick is potentially going to land in too high a spot to swap, and we don't have anyone or any picks that are going to be overly prized by other teams.  It's also too early in Brown's development to know where and if he fits, so dealing him or Crowder would be unwise.  If Brown is a 2-guard, and I'm starting to think he's not a small forward, that could also make Bradley available.

With no real prospect/suspect appearing available or being shopped that would help us take a step forward, why deal at all?  I don't think we have anyone, or any pick, save the first, to get it done.  So I expect we won't.  If anything maybe an end-of-bench type signing if we send a reserve off.

I think we keep the pick, keep Bradley, and hold tight through the draft.

Regards

NYCelt,

Thank dboss. It was his idea for the thread. I just had a few minutes to create it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 pm

I said 'minor trade'.

I think Danny wants to clear away some of the deader wood (can you be deader than dead?) like Young and maybe Mickey.  I like Mickey but he has a multi-year contract and he isn't getting minutes.  So, I'm thinking he'll trade someone with some value, like Mickey, and an expiring contract like Young's, for a spare part on an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick.  That type of deal.  That will free up a roster spot for someone like Sanders or Nader but not touch our core. Another possibility is Yabusele. Unlike Antic in the Euroleague, the Chinese league's season ends soon enough for players to make an NBA roster in time for the playoff deadline.

To be honest, I think the decline in production of Zeller and Amir has dampened whatever hopes Danny had for using their hefty contracts, even expiring as they are, for the BIG contract of a high-value player.  So, while he is absolutely, positively big-game hunting I don't think he has the assets he would need, with a Nets pick, that would be enough to entice another GM to give up an all-star or an almost-all-star for.

I think it would take both Nets picks to get Griffin or Cousins.  Definitely one Nets pick for Butler, another player that rumors have said Danny is lusting after.  I would hope that, unless he is getting a bona fide stud in their prime like Griffin or Cousins, he would not give up BOTH Nets picks.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Bob, dboss,

In that case, great idea dboss (and still good work, Bob)!

I think it adds a lot to see what someone's reasoning is.  Nice to get several different viewpoints.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi,
I voted "minor trade".
BTW, Bobh, it's a very good definition for major trade: it involves BKN pick.
I don't think there'll be a "major" - I don't think any of the teams with candidates for a "major" will be dealing them.
As for "no trade" option - Danny is looking to boost rebounding and rim protection departments from the bench, so he'll try to get someone for that. This will also help in the playoffs and help in the off-season.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:44 pm

bobheckler wrote:I said 'minor trade'.

I think Danny wants to clear away some of the deader wood (can you be deader than dead?) like Young and maybe Mickey.  I like Mickey but he has a multi-year contract and he isn't getting minutes.  So, I'm thinking he'll trade someone with some value, like Mickey, and an expiring contract like Young's, for a spare part on an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick.  That type of deal.  That will free up a roster spot for someone like Sanders or Nader but not touch our core.  Another possibility is Yabusele.  Unlike Antic in the Euroleague, the Chinese league's season ends soon enough for players to make an NBA roster in time for the playoff deadline.

To be honest, I think the decline in production of Zeller and Amir has dampened whatever hopes Danny had for using their hefty contracts, even expiring as they are, for the BIG contract of a high-value player.  So, while he is absolutely, positively big-game hunting I don't think he has the assets he would need, with a Nets pick, that would be enough to entice another GM to give up an all-star or an almost-all-star for.

I think it would take both Nets picks to get Griffin or Cousins.  Definitely one Nets pick for Butler, another player that rumors have said Danny is lusting after.  I would hope that, unless he is getting a bona fide stud in their prime like Griffin or Cousins, he would not give up BOTH Nets picks.

bob

I think Jackson would LOVE to get that Nets pick for Melo right now.

Does Doc like Melo enough to part with Blake?

Is Blake worth the Nets pick?

just some questions to ponder
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down