The Boston Herald renders its final season report card

5 posters

Go down

The Boston Herald renders its final season report card Empty The Boston Herald renders its final season report card

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Hard for me to argue with most of it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20100416celtics_regular-season_report_card/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Boston Herald renders its final season report card Empty Re: The Boston Herald renders its final season report card

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Disagree with Rondo's grade....he was better more often for me in the 2nd half of the season. The rest are pretty spot on.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

The Boston Herald renders its final season report card Empty Re: The Boston Herald renders its final season report card

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:01 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Disagree with Rondo's grade....he was better more often for me in the 2nd half of the season. The rest are pretty spot on.

mrkleen,

Individually, I'd agree with you. I think he was more of a team player in the first half, but then, maybe that's because his teammates stepped up and made it easier.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 pm

The Herald got if pretty much on the money as far as I'm concerned.

The only changes I would make would be to raise coaching to a B+ (I'd listen to an argument for an A- given events they had to deal with) and drop Davis to a C.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:34 pm

NYCelt wrote:The Herald got if pretty much on the money as far as I'm concerned.

The only changes I would make would be to raise coaching to a B+ (I'd listen to an argument for an A- given events they had to deal with) and drop Davis to a C.

nycelt,

Why would you drop Davis to a C? Our weakness is rebounding and he's grabbing as many offensive rebounds as defensive ones. Take those contributions out of the mix and we'd be completely screwed on the boards.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm

I guess I really don't care for the individual grades, being that how I do can make or break what you do.

Therefore I will Grade the Team a C+.

As for Coaching and management B.

As for the team trainer A+

and of course the team of Tommy and Mike get A+ too.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Bob,

I'm a tough grader! Maybe that's why I'm not a teacher.

The reason I give him a C is overall season performance and I'm taking into account his senseless injury, which was essentially his fault. It had an adverse effect on the team, and caused a delayed start to his season. By the time his game was where it is now I think he may very well have cost us a game or two by his absence and the time it took for him to regain form upon his return.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:11 pm

NYCelt wrote:Bob,

The reason I give him a C is overall season performance and I'm taking into account his senseless injury, which was essentially his fault. It had an adverse effect on the team, and caused a delayed start to his season. By the time his game was where it is now I think he may very well have cost us a game or two by his absence and the time it took for him to regain form upon his return.

Regards

They gave him a D for the midterm grade....so they already accounted for exactly the concerns you had NY.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:21 pm

bobheckler wrote:Hard for me to argue with most of it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20100416celtics_regular-season_report_card/

bob

I agree with every one of those grades. Spot on.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:36 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Bob,

Regards

They gave him a D for the midterm grade....so they already accounted for exactly the concerns you had NY.

Kleen,

I still give him a C though. Among other things I would also throw in that his shooting seems to have regressed from last year.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down