Schedule and Competition Going Forward

3 posters

Go down

Schedule and Competition Going Forward Empty Schedule and Competition Going Forward

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 pm

As of pre-game time on 2/6/17:

CELTICS

14 home games and 17 away games left.

The Celtics have 21 of their remaining 31 games vs teams currently <.500.

6 back-to-backs (mostly Sunday-Monday).

@Sacto, @Por
Phi, @Chi
@Det, Atl
@Pho, @LAC
@Phi, Was
Cle, @Atl

So, only 1 b2b against 2 good teams (CLE, @ATL) and another scary one (@Phi, Was.  Philly is starting to scare me a bit).  Otherwise, not bad.

WASHINGTON

13 home games and 19 away games left.

15 of remaining 32 games against sub .500 teams

5 b2b

GSW, @Tor
@Pho, @Den
Chi, @Cha
Brklyn, @Cle
@LAL, @LAC

1 tough b2b, GSW/Tor and the rest mixed or easy.

CLEVELAND

14 home games, 19 away games left.

15 of their remaining 33 games are against sub .500 teams.

7 b2b

@Ind, @OKC
@Min, Ind
@Atl, @Mia
@Orl, @ Hou
@LAC, @LAL
@Chi, Phi
@Atl, @Mia

1 tough one (@Ind, @OKC), 1 easy (@Chi, Phi), the rest mixed.  And Philly might not be easy.

I'm not going to look at Toronto until they get DeRozan back and start winning again. Until then they are a dying duck.

My summary, we have the best combination of home games and weak competition of the 3 teams near the top of the EC.  We are 3 games in the loss column behind Cleveland but they have more road games than us, more back-to-backs and tougher competition than us.  Washington has more road games, one fewer b2b but stiffer competition than us.

Avery comes back, we stay healthy and focused and, if Danny does pull the trigger on a trade it doesn't upset our chemistry too much and we might be in very good shape.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Schedule and Competition Going Forward Empty Re: Schedule and Competition Going Forward

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:35 am

Bullets are playing really well now. Brooks has done a great job there, IMO.

oh yeah...I mean the "wizards"......
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Schedule and Competition Going Forward Empty Re: Schedule and Competition Going Forward

Post by wideclyde Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:32 am

I agree with your assessment, bob, but the trading deadline may greatly adjust some of your thoughts.
We shall see.

For me, the West Coast trips always seem to dictate the rest of the season for the Cs.  Four games this week and then still another trip that is quite similar later on can shape our 2017 season.  Win a good number of these road games and our season will likely progress to a decent play off positioning.  Fall apart out west and we may very well drop to the middle of the pack in the East.

Even when we had Pierce and Garnett, these West Coast trips have not been really good for Boston.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down