Durant's MRI shows MCL sprain and bone bruise - expected to miss 4 weeks

5 posters

Go down

Durant's MRI shows MCL sprain and bone bruise - expected to miss 4 weeks Empty Durant's MRI shows MCL sprain and bone bruise - expected to miss 4 weeks

Post by steve3344 Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/kevin-durant-suffers-mcl-sprain-4-weeks-article-1.2985572

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Durant's MRI shows MCL sprain and bone bruise - expected to miss 4 weeks Empty Re: Durant's MRI shows MCL sprain and bone bruise - expected to miss 4 weeks

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Karma can be a bitch and Draymond Green should shut the fock up, guy is a major asshole !!!!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Durant's MRI shows MCL sprain and bone bruise - expected to miss 4 weeks Empty Re: Durant's MRI shows MCL sprain and bone bruise - expected to miss 4 weeks

Post by steve3344 Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:43 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/warriors-catch-break-durant-injury-lebron-cavs-article-1.2985809

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:58 pm

I always hate to see players going down due to joint injuries. Without any stats to back me up I have a feeling that leg injuries are much more prevalent now then they were back in the 1st 40 years of the nba. And if they are I wonder if all the added weight that they carry might be a major. factor In a game that is now played above the rim a landing on a hard wood surface might not be the best of conditions for the knee in particular. Perhaps its time to think about an artificial playing surface to lessen the stress placed on the knee joint in particular. Now its a bunch of heavy weights out there - while back in the early years it was a league of light weights playing below the rim.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:24 pm

swish wrote:I always hate to see players going down due to joint injuries. Without any stats to back me up I have a feeling that leg injuries are much more prevalent now then they were back in the 1st 40 years of the nba. And if they are I wonder if all the added weight that they carry might be a major. factor In a game that is now played above the rim a landing on a hard wood surface might not be the best of conditions for the knee in particular. Perhaps its time to think about an artificial playing surface to lessen the stress placed on the knee joint in particular. Now its a bunch of heavy weights out there - while back in the early years it was a league of light weights playing below the rim.

swish

Without any stats to back me up, I almost sure you are correct. Consider also that in addition to simply being heavier and jumping more often, players also run faster and jump higher, putting even more stress on the joints when cutting and landing. An artificial surface is an interesting idea. My first thought was that it would decrease speed and jumping, and possibly influence the feel of dribbling, since it would absorb some of the force. Then I remembered that in track, speeds increased upon introducing modern track surfaces, and I would guess both high and long jumps improved also. Anyhow - very interesting to consider....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:25 pm

swish wrote:I always hate to see players going down due to joint injuries. Without any stats to back me up I have a feeling that leg injuries are much more prevalent now then they were back in the 1st 40 years of the nba. And if they are I wonder if all the added weight that they carry might be a major. factor In a game that is now played above the rim a landing on a hard wood surface might not be the best of conditions for the knee in particular. Perhaps its time to think about an artificial playing surface to lessen the stress placed on the knee joint in particular. Now its a bunch of heavy weights out there - while back in the early years it was a league of light weights playing below the rim.

swish

Swish,

You might be onto something. I see Embiid is also done for the year; http://sports.yahoo.com/news/joel-embiids-season-over-because-left-knee-problems-201439892--nba.html

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down