Miami players, Boston players talk Game 1. Pierce and Richardson beef?

4 posters

Go down

Miami players, Boston players talk Game 1. Pierce and Richardson beef? Empty Miami players, Boston players talk Game 1. Pierce and Richardson beef?

Post by Brandon$$ Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:14 pm

The Celtics beat the Heat 85-76 in the opening game of their Eastern Conference first-round series, but Garnett wasn’t around to see the end of it. He was ejected with 40 seconds left after elbowing Heat forward Quentin Richardson in the jaw, and an NBA source said the league is investigating to determine whether Garnett should be suspended for Game 2. Yahoo! Sports

”You make your bed, you have to lay in it,” Garnett said. ”It just is what it is. If I see any of my teammates down, I want to make sure that they are all right. So if I have to deal with it, than that’s what it is.” Yahoo! Sports

Garnett ”is an actress and so is Paul,” Richardson said. ”I was going to take the ball out over there. That was what I was trying to do. I told our trainer Jay [Sabol] that [Pierce] is cool and he’s doing what he always do, lay down like it’s a season-ending injury, then he gets up and he’s miraculously fine. He gets a breath, takes his time or whatever and he did the same thing. ”It should be a suspension [for Garnett]. We’ll see. That’s up to the NBA. But I’ve seen things like that in the past and people get suspended. I was cool. I was going to try going at him, but with me being restrained, that’s what it was.” Yahoo! Sports

"I was trying to get over there to take the ball out of bounds and he started to talk to me so I talked back. I don't have any business talking to him (Pierce), he was on the ground crying I dont know what was going on, two actresses over there that's what they are." -Quentin Richardson. Celtics Blog

“He was ejected for an elbow that made contact with Quentin Richardson,” DeRosa said in a statement. “He already had one technical for taunting with Richardson before that. Then as the altercation went on, he threw an elbow that did make contact with Richardson, which was his second technical and he was ejected.” The second question was whether Garnett connected with the elbow. “Yes, that’s what the video replay that we saw looked like, that he clearly made contact with Richardson,” DeRosa said. “But even if he had not, he still would have been ejected for a second technical for throwing an elbow.” Boston Herald

”I just saw ‘Q’ standing over him, talking nonsense,” Garnett said. ”I just asked him to give him some room. Before you knew it, mayhem started. I know these two have competed against each other in the past and they have history of bumping heads a little bit. The only thing I tried to do was tell [Richardson] to give common courtesy for an injured player. That’s all. ”I have no beef with ‘Q.’ I know him personally. I thought what he did was a little disrespectful by standing over a guy that was hurt, just talking nonsense. Before you knew it, it just all broke out. I have to use my head. The only thing I saw was Paul was hurt, and that was the only thing I cared about at the time. I don’t remember air-boarding anybody. I just remember people grabbing me.” Yahoo! Sports
Quantcast

Richardson’s issues with Pierce are no secret, even if their origins have never been truly explained. The two were ejected for trash-talking in front of a referee two years ago when Richardson was playing for the New York Knicks. Richardson then continued to shout at Pierce while walking down the tunnel to the locker room. Pierce once hosted Richardson as a recruit at the University of Kansas. Neither player has fully explained what the problem is, but this much is clear: Richardson has always seemed to be more irritated about the situation – and, as a result, has done most of the talking. ”All I will say is people act one way in NBA environments where things can be restrained and you’re going to be penalized, fined and da-da-da-da-da-da,” Richardson said. ”Stuff is going to come to a screeching halt as soon as it happens anyway. Yahoo! Sports

Speaking after the Celtics’ 85-76 win over Miami in Game 1 of the teams’ first round Eastern Conference playoff series, Heat forward Michael Beasley suggested that the Celts were going to try and use intimidation throughout the playoffs. “They’re physical, we got physical. We’re not going to back down,” Beasley said. “They’re a real physical team and I think they tried, and are going to try, to punk us throughout the series, and it’s not going to happen.” Asked why the Celtics take such a tact, Beasley commented, “That’s their M.O. They’re loud, they talk through the whole game. We’re not going to get out of our game. We’re going to stay focused and let them do what they do.” The second-year forward also suggested that Miami’s athleticism would be an advantage as the series progressed. “It’s going to show come Game 7,” he said. WEEI.com

The impetus for many of Beasley’s comments was a skirmish that took place with 40 seconds remaining the game when Kevin Garnett and Miami’s Quentin Richardson tussled with Paul Pierce lying on the ground with an injury, an ailment Heat center Jermaine O’Neal questioned. “He wasn’t hurt, he wasn’t hurt,” O’Neal said. “He was taking a break.” WEEI.com

Chris Forsberg: Rasheed plays peacemaker: "That wasn't a key factor in this game today, that little scuffle.Don't try to blow it up, it's already squashed." Twitter.com

Shelden Williams: The way we fought through all of that and came back when it wasn't looking good for us was amazing to be a part of! Twitter.com

Andrew Bogut: Geeee i wonder who started the little scuffle in the miami boston game hmmmm? Twitter.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Miami players, Boston players talk Game 1. Pierce and Richardson beef? Empty Re: Miami players, Boston players talk Game 1. Pierce and Richardson beef?

Post by Brandon$$ Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:17 pm

This is looking like its gonna be one hell of a series!
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Miami players, Boston players talk Game 1. Pierce and Richardson beef? Empty Re: Miami players, Boston players talk Game 1. Pierce and Richardson beef?

Post by jeb Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:36 pm

the Heat are too short unless they play perfect hoop.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Heat just woke up the beast. WATCH OUT.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 am

Richardson has one claim to fame in his life. He nailed Brandy Norwood (Ray J's sister,) late of Moesha fame. So I guess he knows all about actresses, as he says!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down