Bibby Chooses Miami - Troy Torn Between Boston & Miami

+5
beat
babyskyhook
dbrown4
mrkleen09
9 posters

Go down

Bibby Chooses Miami - Troy Torn Between Boston & Miami Empty Bibby Chooses Miami - Troy Torn Between Boston & Miami

Post by 112288 Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:41 pm

REPORT: MURPHY 'TORN' BETWEEN CELTICS, HEAT
By: Paul Flannery
Print

Now that Troy Murphy has been waived by the Warriors, he can start to look for a new team. Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Murphy had calls with both the Heat and Celtics Monday night and is "torn" about which team he wants to play for. Wojnarowski also says that it's likely Murphy will make a decision in the next 48 hours.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
REPORT: BIBBY TO CHOOSE HEAT OVER CELTICS - I GUESS HE WANTS TO PLAY WITH HIS BROTHER-IN-LAW EDDIE HOUSE

By: Alex Speier
Print

According to ESPN.com, which cited "a source close to the situation," point guard Mike Bibby is "headed to Miami" once he clears waivers following his agreement to a buyout with the Wizards. Bibby's agent, David Falk, told the website that he had been in touch with several teams and that nothing could be done until after the 32-year-old clears waivers, but the report suggested that Bibby had already made the decision to join Miami, where he could see significant minutes for a Heat team with title hopes.

Bibby walked away from a $6.2 million salary in the 2011-12 season as part of the buyout in order to pursue a championship this year. The Celtics were reportedly among the teams interested in the veteran, though with Rajon Rondo entrenched as the primary point guard, it would appear that other contenders (including the Heat) could offer the 13-year veteran more playing time.

In 58 games this year, Bibby is averaging 9.1 points and 3.6 assists a night while logging just under 30 minutes per contest.

Back to top Go down

Bibby Chooses Miami - Troy Torn Between Boston & Miami Empty Re: Bibby Chooses Miami - Troy Torn Between Boston & Miami

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 am

Bibby is an idiot....glad to have him in Miami. Just another reason to root against the Heat.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Bibby Chooses Miami - Troy Torn Between Boston & Miami Empty Re: Bibby Chooses Miami - Troy Torn Between Boston & Miami

Post by dbrown4 Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 pm

I'm pretty sure this move seals MIA's fate. mrkleen09 in his description not only captures Mike's intellectual capacity but also his ego. He thinks he can be the difference maker and put the Heat over the top. Thinks he can start there for sure vs. coming off the bench here. Ah, but memories and bad habits from ATL and SAC begin to creep back in. He and LeBron can cry in their spilt milk when exiting in the first round in a couple of months upon giving up yet again when the going gets tough.

3.6 assists to date? And they want him to start and feed their Big 3? Something doesn't and won't add up there.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Never liked Bibby. He was cocky and never walked the walk after he talked the talk! He'll be throwing up air balls when desperation time arrives. Good luck and good luck we did not get this guy. Let him hang out with his brother-in-law Eddie House getting a tan on South Beach 'cause that's where they'll be come June!

Last edited by 112288 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Twitter from ATL Journal Constitution writer:

Miami Heat to sign Mike Bibby. Now they just need to sign two legs and a heart to go with him

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html#ixzz1FIicRswW
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:03 pm

dbrown4 wrote:I'm pretty sure this move seals MIA's fate. mrkleen09 in his description not only captures Mike's intellectual capacity but also his ego. He thinks he can be the difference maker and put the Heat over the top. Thinks he can start there for sure vs. coming off the bench here. Ah, but memories and bad habits from ATL and SAC begin to creep back in. He and LeBron can cry in their spilt milk when exiting in the first round in a couple of months upon giving up yet again when the going gets tough.

3.6 assists to date? And they want him to start and feed their Big 3? Something doesn't and won't add up there.

But how can he even get 3.6 assists if he doesn't have the friggin BALL?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm

And I'm sure Mario Chalmers will love giving up his minutes!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Can't wait to see Bibby trying to keep DRose in front of him. lol!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:38 pm

I hope you guys are right. Unfortunately, I think he is going to help them., and I can't stand him.

BTW, welcome TT, great to have some new blood here!
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome Pete, I'm glad to have found this board.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:50 pm

We're right, pete. Just think past experience. Blew it in the playoffs with ATL, choked in the playoffs with SAC in their heyday. He may/will be a slight improvement, if any at all. But in the end of say the 1st round, PR will wish he never made this move. Besides, isn't he raising their old geyser age average?

bsh, I never thought of that one! That's going to be torturous to watch! Man, that's going to be ugly! We're going to have to hold #1 for that to happen. I like our chances with tough opposing schedules and injuries to other WC teams as of late.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:05 pm

dbrown4 wrote:We're right, pete. Just think past experience. Blew it in the playoffs with ATL, choked in the playoffs with SAC in their heyday. He may/will be a slight improvement, if any at all. But in the end of say the 1st round, PR will wish he never made this move. Besides, isn't he raising their old geyser age average?

bsh, I never thought of that one! That's going to be torturous to watch! Man, that's going to be ugly! We're going to have to hold #1 for that to happen. I like our chances with tough opposing schedules and injuries to other WC teams as of late.

Yes- I think the Bulls will destroy the Heat, so I'm rooting for the Cs to get the top seed and keep Miami in the Bulls bracket. I'd love it even more if the Axis of Evil in South Beach got knocked out by the Knicks in round one. I want to see them completely humiliated.

And I want to see Lakers-Cs in the Finals. One More Time.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:35 pm

"I want to see Lakers-Cs in the Finals. One More Time"

absolutely - the classic series. (but it WILL be more than one more time, it just may take a while after the big 3 move on ...)

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:16 pm

bigpygme wrote:"I want to see Lakers-Cs in the Finals. One More Time"

absolutely - the classic series. (but it WILL be more than one more time, it just may take a while after the big 3 move on ...)

Michael

MIchael-

I should have amended it to "again and again and again", because that is more accurate. But I don't want to seem greedy. Razz

I hope you're well and staying warm in D-town. My gf is up in CO Springs with some family and says it is seriously COLD. She's Swedish, so she knows what real cold is, but then again she's been in LA for 7-8 years, so maybe she's lost her resistance to it. Anyway, hope you're warm and well.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:21 pm

PS- MIchael

I thought the Nuggs (with some unwitting help from NJ) pulled a rabbit out of their hat and did very very well in the Melo trade.

They've got a lot of pieces, and their depth will suit them well in their uptempo game they like to run.

They've gone from being a capped out, taxpaying, lower tier playoff team to a team with a lot of assets and flexibility that will have a ton of cap room but is still a lower tier playoff team. Very good job on their part.

I was hoping the LAkers could somehow steal Billups once Melo was dealt, as I've always liked his game and clutch gene, which was on display again the other night.

How is the deal being received in Denver ? Are people happy ?

And are they glad Melo was honest with management so they were able to get a good package instead of being a snake like Ledouche or Bosh and leading them on before leaving them with nothing ?

Or are they mad he wanted to leave in the first place ?
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:15 pm

dbrown, I here ya, but there is something that makes me think he may mesh with these guys, and give them something they are missing. Call it a gut feel, but something tells me he may elevate his game a bit and keep his head. I totally agree with his past play, however I can't shake it.

Now, if he ends up the opposite of what I am thinking now, I'll consider it an early Christmas present!
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:25 pm

This is a good move by Miami so why all the hate?

Bibby is an experienced playoff tested point guard that gives Miami another option.

They are a better team with him.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down