No Love Lost in Lakerland

4 posters

Go down

No Love Lost in Lakerland Empty No Love Lost in Lakerland

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:43 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245178/Jeanie-Buss-Prevents-Lakers-Takeover-Effort-Of-Jim-Buss-Johnny-Buss

Jeanie Buss Prevents Lakers' Takeover Effort Of Jim Buss, Johnny Buss

MAR 3, 2017 4:38 PM

Jeanie Buss has thwarted an effort by Jim Buss and Johnny Buss to oust her as president and controlling owner of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Attorneys for Jeanie Buss sought a temporary restraining order in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday to prevent the brothers from holding a meeting next week to elect a new board of directors for the team that didn’t include her.

“This is no doubt the beginning and not the end of the game-playing,” Adam Streisand, the attorney for Jeanie Buss, told The Times. “They don’t have a legal leg to stand on. This is a legal strategy doomed for failure.”

Jeanie Buss replaced Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak from the Lakers' front office in February, installing Magic Johnson as president of basketball operations and Rob Pelinka as general manager.

“Everything she’s trying to do could be undone,” Streisand said.

Jeanie Buss took control of the franchise on the death of her father, Jerry Buss, in 2013.

A probate court trial to resolve the matter is scheduled for May.

According to Ramona Shelburne, Jim and Johnny argued they had the votes (2-1) to elect new directors for the team. Jeanie's attorneys argued removing her as director would be in violation of the trust's provision that the controlling owner also be a director.

bob
MY NOTE: For what it's worth I am 100% behind Jeannie.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

No Love Lost in Lakerland Empty Re: No Love Lost in Lakerland

Post by steve3344 Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:09 am

Wonder how Thanksgiving dinners are for the family...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:58 am

steve3344 wrote:Wonder how Thanksgiving dinners are for the family...

Wonder who they let handle carving the Turkey?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:59 pm

bobheckler wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245178/Jeanie-Buss-Prevents-Lakers-Takeover-Effort-Of-Jim-Buss-Johnny-Buss

Jeanie Buss Prevents Lakers' Takeover Effort Of Jim Buss, Johnny Buss

MAR 3, 2017 4:38 PM

Jeanie Buss has thwarted an effort by Jim Buss and Johnny Buss to oust her as president and controlling owner of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Attorneys for Jeanie Buss sought a temporary restraining order in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday to prevent the brothers from holding a meeting next week to elect a new board of directors for the team that didn’t include her.

“This is no doubt the beginning and not the end of the game-playing,” Adam Streisand, the attorney for Jeanie Buss, told The Times. “They don’t have a legal leg to stand on. This is a legal strategy doomed for failure.”

Jeanie Buss replaced Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak from the Lakers' front office in February, installing Magic Johnson as president of basketball operations and Rob Pelinka as general manager.

“Everything she’s trying to do could be undone,” Streisand said.

Jeanie Buss took control of the franchise on the death of her father, Jerry Buss, in 2013.

A probate court trial to resolve the matter is scheduled for May.

According to Ramona Shelburne, Jim and Johnny argued they had the votes (2-1) to elect new directors for the team. Jeanie's attorneys argued removing her as director would be in violation of the trust's provision that the controlling owner also be a director.

bob
MY NOTE:  For what it's worth I am 100% behind Jeannie.

Phil used to be 100% behind Jeannie too.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:38 pm

You mean Phil Jacksonopoulos?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245188/Jeanie-Buss-Calls-Jim-Buss-Completely-Unfit-To-Run-Lakers-Basketball-Ops

Jeanie Buss Calls Jim Buss 'Completely Unfit' To Run Lakers' Basketball Ops

MAR 5, 2017 12:12 AM

Jeanie Buss said her brother Jim was “completely unfit” to run the team’s basketball operations in a document filed Friday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

“I must also point out that Jim has already proven to be completely unfit even in an executive vice president of basketball operations role and I recently had to replace him,” Jeanie Buss said in the document.

Advertisement
Last month, Jeanie Buss fired Jim Buss and installed Magic Johnson as president of basketball operations, part of wide-ranging changes in the front office.

“Despite the fact that I gave my brother Jim ample time to prove himself in his role … I could not allow the damage being done to the franchise over the past few years to continue,” the declaration said.

Jeanie Buss also expressed concern in the declaration that if the brothers chose a new controlling owner, the person would fire Johnson and “cause irreversible damage to the Lakers team and to the brand.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down