Post Game Thread - vs Denver Nuggets, Away

5 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Denver Nuggets, Away Empty Post Game Thread - vs Denver Nuggets, Away

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:44 am

Awful, that includes the referees.  Amir gets fouled going up for a shot, they call it "in the act of shooting" and send him to the line to shoot fritos, but they didn't call goal tending even though there were two, two, Nuggets hanging from the net while he was shooting.

The hero of GSW, Kelly Olynyk, was a no-show playing only 11 minutes.  I realize he wasn't being particularly effective but that sure was a short leash by Brad.

Horford was 15 points on 7-11 and 5 boards but 2 assists and 5 TOs.

Crowder, no show.

Amir started out really strong, REALLY strong, but disappeared in the 2nd half.  Amir did all his damage in the 1st quarter.

Rozier 0 points in 11 minutes.

We were lethargic all game.  I suppose that's understandable, this is our 5th game in 8 days.  Who showed up to play?  

1.  Jaylen Brown came to play.  14 points in 15 minutes on 5-8 and 2-4 from 3.  He has to get his frito % up.  It concerns me a bit, to be honest, because he isn't shooting 67.6% on the year from the line because of bad technique or anything, it's strictly mental and that's hard to fix.  You can sleep at the gym practicing fritos all night and day and hit them all but if you cannot clear your mind in a game and hit them then it is all a waste.  I don't know how you would teach him that, how to get his mind out of his way.

2.  Marcus Smart came to play.  He shot like Marcus Smart, 4-14, but at least two of those shots were offensive rebounds off his own misses.  So, his 7 rebound total is a bit inflated and his fg% is a bit understated.  If he hit his first bunny he wouldn't be 4-14, he'd be 4-12, which is still horrific but not as.  His defense was very good at times and matador defense other times.  He worked hard most of the game though, I'll give him that.  He was getting hammered and getting no calls.

3.  Bradley came to play, but we didn't see his A game.  He was trying though.

Gerald Green came in to give us energy and offense and he only took 3 fgas in 15 minutes.  Got his chance, slept through it.

Defensively, we sucked.  That wonderful defense we had in GSW missed the plane.  We gave up 53% and 58 points in the paint.  58.  That is a ton.  I don't know what defensive strategies Brad thought would be objective but they weren't.  Not even close.  They were killing us with high post passes  from Jokic, who had 7 assists, on cuts by, well, everybody.  

A 2-3 road trip sucks.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900365

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Denver Nuggets, Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Denver Nuggets, Away

Post by NYCelt Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:38 am

End of a western swing road trip is tough. I wouldn't take too much away from this game.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Denver Nuggets, Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Denver Nuggets, Away

Post by 112288 Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:12 am

The key is not to get injured.  This was a team loss but KO again disappears with a sub sub effort/results.  You cannot have such swings in statistics from one night to the next.

I would not sign the guy or try a sign and trade.  To be a championship team you need predictable results night in and night out.

Yes I do get it by those who say ....everyone has an off night.........KG had an off night but they were far and few ...........and the game after an off game he would have a monster game.

Got to face it KO is going to have a journeymen career in the NBA, perhaps good for some teams who want to field a team......but not for those teams looking for banner #18.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:25 am

112288 wrote:The key is not to get injured.  This was a team loss but KO again disappears with a sub sub effort/results.  You cannot have such swings in statistics from one night to the next.

I would not sign the guy or try a sign and trade.  To be a championship team you need predictable results night in and night out.

Yes I do get it by those who say ....everyone has an off night.........KG had an off night but they were far and few ...........and the game after an off game he would have a monster game.

Got to face it KO is going to have a journeymen career in the NBA, perhaps good for some teams who want to field a team......but not for those teams looking for banner #18.

Why would you expect to get the same level of performance from a sub of the bench - when compared to an all time super star?

swish

Last edited by swish on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a word)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Swish,

First, it does not matter if you are a super star or a bench guy. You have a role defined by your coach - super star starter or bench guy - you need to deliver in whatever role you are being asked to perform.

That being said and second and I believe the most important is delivering consistency in your play. You cannot score 20 points and get 8 or 9 rebounds one night and then 0 points the next night.

KO role off the bench is to give relief to a starter by getting rebounds, score and play defense for 20+ minutes. He should at 7' be able to garner 12 - 14 pts per game, maybe 6 - 8 rebounds. He is averaging 8.8 pts - 4.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists. He is a forward / center and has at times a good 3 pt shot so I believe he is under performing based on his season stats.

So as a coach and you are now in the playoffs.....when the real season starts.....what game can you expect to get from KO??????? It hurts your overall game strategy if a player cannot deliver what he should be delivering. Hey I'll even go as far as to say................just deliver what your average stats are and not 0 points and 2 rebounds such as in the Denver game as just one example!!!!!!!!

KO was drafted in the hope he would be a starter but that failed so they relegated him to coming off the bench to give 20 + minutes........that's ok.....but perform and meet your average stats!!!!!!!!!

That is all that is asked of players who are given meaningful minutes by their coach........................that is why he was benched yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:36 pm

"That being said and second and I believe the most important is delivering consistency in your play. You cannot score 20 points and get 8 or 9 rebounds one night and then 0 points the next night."

In regards to your above statement - Just how well do you think fellow sub Jerebko does on the consistency issue when compared with KO.

Major flaws in their games are the reason why they play 20 minutes or less. They is what they is.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:12 pm

swish

I think they both stink!

Danny has not completed the team to make a run for a title, that is why he has a sub bench on the cheap with KO & Jerebko because he is saving his $$$$ until he has the center position solidified and Horford moved to PF.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Obviously Jokic was the star of the game and is emerging as the Euro Larry Bird. What most don't know about him is that he was the MVP of his Euro league and second to him was Anton Zizic. Says something about Zizic.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down