Post Game Thread - vs Nuggets, Away 11/22/19

2 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Nuggets, Away 11/22/19 Empty Post Game Thread - vs Nuggets, Away 11/22/19

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:57 am

A friend of mine who would know these things (ahem!) told me that one of the smartest bets in sports is to bet on an EC team playing in Denver as the last game of their road trip. The bet would be on Denver vs the field. The fatigue from the trip, the thin air, makes it hard to win. Legs start going on you in the 2nd half. Ironically our best quarter, by far, was the 4th. Our shots in the 1st quarter were all clanging off the front of the rim, usually a sign of tired legs, but they started going in late in the game.

Started off 1-10. Hard to win when we start like that and we started like that on almost every, if not every, game on this road trip. This is a really, really bad road habit they need to break. Like, immediately if not sooner.

Obviously Kemba's injury was the big news from this game. He dove, straight, into Semi's stomach, which must feel like running into brick. It was really scary. He could easily have broken his neck and had permanent spinal cord damage. Reports coming int his morning are that he's going to be ok. Initial positive scans at the arena were born out by more comprehensive ones done at a local hospital and he actually flew home with the team this morning. Kemba was awake and alert before they put him on the ambulance and his last words before they rolled him into it was "tell them to go win". If this happened to you-know-who last year his last words would be "why me?". This is why the chemistry is so much better this year. Kemba is just a nicer, more team-oriented person and basketball is a team sport. I don't know if Kemba has been put into the NBA's Concussion Protocol but I'd be shocked if he wasn't, just to be safe. That puts tremendous pressure on the two J's to step up every night. It also creates opportunities for Brad Wanamaker and maybe Tremont Walker and Romeo Langsford. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as a cat standing on a hot plate having to count on two players that have zero NBA minutes between them, but that's where we are and Brad just has to pull a rabbit out of his hat and make it work.

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 8 hours ago
Boston Celtics: "Following testing at a Denver hospital, Kemba Walker has been released to rejoin the team for its return to Boston. He will be re-evaluated tomorrow"

What will be our starting 5? I think I'll start a poll after this.

Speaking of the two J's, they both started off 1-9. That's 2-18 for the two of them. After 3 Jayson Tatum was 3-11 for 9 points and Jaylen Brown was 2-10 for 12 points (6-8 from the line). A combined 5-23, 21.7%, for 21 points. Tatum ended up with 16 points on 6-16 and Brown with 22 points on 6-15. So that's a 7 point, 3-5 4th quarter for Tatum and a blistering 10 point, 4-6 4th quarter for Brown. Too little too late, but it showed some pride.

Another solid game for Wanny. He had that one ugly eyesore of a game, where he was throwing the ball to everybody except his teammates, but he's back to being his solid self.

Javonte Green with 5 points on 2-2, 1-1 from 3 and 2 steals in just 9 minutes. Every time he gets a chance...

Still hating GWill Small Ball.

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
10 hours ago
Marcus Smart on the late rally: "Everybody’s banged up, everybody’s bruised. Goddamn, we could have quit, but it just shows this team. We kept fighting."

And so ends a 5 games in 9 days road trip, our longest road trip of the season. And not a game too soon.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160864

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Nuggets, Away 11/22/19 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Nuggets, Away 11/22/19

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:44 am

11-3 is pretty good all things considered.

On the Game On I was pissed when RWill was swatting Jokic making him look like the unathletic 5 that he is and I know he’s skilled, and then BS takes him out when his defense was instrumental in getting us back in the game. Thankfully he came to his senses, if a player has it going at either end and is making an impact on the 5 man unit in a good match up, leave him be IMHO.

On 2 J’s, Barton is 6’5” and Harris is 6’4”, good players, but I don’t think either will ever be all stars. We ran our same offense that was ice cold from 3 at the start. Why not post up Jaylen and let him play some bullyball? Jaylen kept getting the ball outside, that’s where he doesn’t have a speed/quickness advantage over most NBA caliber 6’3”-6’4” guards. Brad has to diversify the offense even more, how many times have we seen the Pierce staple where he would post and lob over the defender for his bullyball? Why do we never run that play for Jaylen...??? Now is as good a time as any to get even more out of 2 J’s, they obviously have a lot of strengths, might as well expand on it....

Was amazed again how bad we played and we were right there. Thank God long term Kemba should be fine....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Nuggets, Away 11/22/19 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Nuggets, Away 11/22/19

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:51 am

bobheckler wrote:A friend of mine who would know these things (ahem!) told me that one of the smartest bets in sports is to bet on an EC team playing in Denver as the last game of their road trip.  The bet would be on Denver vs the field.  The fatigue from the trip, the thin air, makes it hard to win.  Legs start going on you in the 2nd half.  Ironically our best quarter, by far, was the 4th.  Our shots in the 1st quarter were all clanging off the front of the rim, usually a sign of tired legs, but they started going in late in the game.

Started off 1-10.  Hard to win when we start like that and we started like that on almost every, if not every, game on this road trip.  This is a really, really bad road habit they need to break.  Like, immediately if not sooner.

Obviously Kemba's injury was the big news from this game.  He dove, straight, into Semi's stomach, which must feel like running into brick.  It was really scary.  He could easily have broken his neck and had permanent spinal cord damage.  Reports coming int his morning are that he's going to be ok.  Initial positive scans at the arena were born out by more comprehensive ones done at a local hospital and he actually flew home with the team this morning.  Kemba was awake and alert before they put him on the ambulance and his last words before they rolled him into it was "tell them to go win".  If this happened to you-know-who last year his last words would be "why me?".  This is why the chemistry is so much better this year.  Kemba is just a nicer, more team-oriented person and basketball is a team sport.  I don't know if Kemba has been put into the NBA's Concussion Protocol but I'd be shocked if he wasn't, just to be safe.  That puts tremendous pressure on the two J's to step up every night.  It also creates opportunities for Brad Wanamaker and maybe Tremont Walker and Romeo Langsford.  I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as a cat standing on a hot plate having to count on two players that have zero NBA minutes between them, but that's where we are and Brad just has to pull a rabbit out of his hat and make it work.

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 8 hours ago
Boston Celtics: "Following testing at a Denver hospital, Kemba Walker has been released to rejoin the team for its return to Boston. He will be re-evaluated tomorrow"

What will be our starting 5?  I think I'll start a poll after this.

Speaking of the two J's, they both started off 1-9.  That's 2-18 for the two of them.  After 3 Jayson Tatum was 3-11 for 9 points and Jaylen Brown was 2-10 for 12 points (6-8 from the line).  A combined 5-23, 21.7%, for 21 points.  Tatum ended up with 16 points on 6-16 and Brown with 22 points on 6-15.  So that's a 7 point, 3-5 4th quarter for Tatum and a blistering 10 point, 4-6 4th quarter for Brown.  Too little too late, but it showed some pride.

Another solid game for Wanny.  He had that one ugly eyesore of a game, where he was throwing the ball to everybody except his teammates, but he's back to being his solid self.

Javonte Green with 5 points on 2-2, 1-1 from 3 and 2 steals in just 9 minutes.  Every time he gets a chance...

Still hating GWill Small Ball.

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
10 hours ago
Marcus Smart on the late rally: "Everybody’s banged up, everybody’s bruised. Goddamn, we could have quit, but it just shows this team. We kept fighting."

And so ends a 5 games in 9 days road trip, our longest road trip of the season.  And not a game too soon.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160864

bob

On Kemba, I love how he blamed himself for the recent loss to Clips, he didn’t have to do that, but that’s what real leaders do....never ever seen bi polar dude who’s already wearing out his welcome in Brooklyn ever approach anything like that.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down