Sam
bobheckler
MDCelticsFan
dbrown4
10 posters

Go down

High Drama on BDC Empty High Drama on BDC

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:40 am

Sorry, again. Couldn't resist. Just wanted to point out mdceltic sticking up for Sam and Sam's Celtic Forum on BDC. Excellent post, md. GK106 was trying to insinuate Sam ripping us off over here regarding an ongoing fued between dfury13 and GK106. I'm not going to get in the middle of GK and dfury but I will defend Sam and his efforts any time and any place as well as would all of us here. Any further posting on this over there will only feed the troll. Md covered it succinctly on bdc. All under "Moderaters, I have a request regarding Greenkiller" if you like soaps.

Thank you mdceltic for taking one for Sam and for the team.

Again, Sam, I'm sure I speak for everyone on this site, but we can't thank you enough for rescuing us from that. All you have to do is read a couple of threads over there (and here) to truly appreciate the unfettered voice we all have here.

At a time where we all should be celebrating Game 1, the playoffs and Banner 18 in 2010, those tools are over there driving each other over the cliff. It is sad, yet laughable.

BTW, was dfury invited over here and declined or does he go by a different name here? Or just a loyal bdcer? I've always like all his non-troll responding posts. It appears he could use some relief.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

High Drama on BDC Empty Re: High Drama on BDC

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:43 pm

To dbrown4: Thanks for the positive comments. GK 106 had no right to talk about Sam in that regard. It rubbed me the wrong way so I had to pull GK up about it. He will NEVER be able to disparage Sam or taint his pure motives for this site's creation as long as I'm around! Like Telly Savalas said as Kojack, lollypop in mouth, "Who loves ya',Baby."-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Personally, I'd like to put dfury and greenkiller and martini together in a room filled with meth-crazed wolverines and make us all happy.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Dbrown,

I usually keep track of what's going on at BDC because, as you probably know, I maintain an excellent relationship with the head of BDC, who would still like to get all of us us back over there (with our own, self-moderated forum) once they create the capability. (At present, I see no advantage over our present arrangement, although we've agreed to have lunch once they have something to offer.) The triple appeal of this forum for me involves (1) the relationships with members (always #1 with me, even back in the old BDC days), (2) the caliber of members and quality of the conversations, (3) the autonomy of our decision-making in which we administrators try to be guided by the best interests of our members.

But, while I've been on vacation, I haven't really checked on what's going on over there. I'll do so now that I'm back home for two days before leaving for the board party in San Francisco. Thanks for the heads-up and for the support of MD in this matter.

Take care, all, and (much more important), Go Celtics!

Sam

Last edited by Sam on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:44 pm

BobH, that's all I need to know. Your opinion trumps mine on this. Keep dfury there along with the rest.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi,
I just read the thread on BDC. What a scum this KG!
Are we blessed here or what...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 pm

You only get ripped off if you let someone rip you off. We all knew exactly what we were doing when we joined this board. It is such a relief to not have to deal with people who will go to all lengths to make you look like a fool and disparage whatever you have said.

Thanks Sam for rescuing us from that place in hell, BDC!! I just got through telling my husband the other day what a relief it is to go on line and talk to people who care just as much as I do about the Celtics. I have been called a fanatic for alot of years, now I have a bunch of other people who are just the same! Beside all of that, it is great every now and then to read something and get a good laugh from what all of you have written. Being one of the only women on this board, it has to be hard for all of you to
open up and see another post from "that crazy worman" on line.

GO CELTICS!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:08 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:You only get ripped off if you let someone rip you off. We all knew exactly what we were doing when we joined this board. It is such a relief to not have to deal with people who will go to all lengths to make you look like a fool and disparage whatever you have said.

Thanks Sam for rescuing us from that place in hell, BDC!! I just got through telling my husband the other day what a relief it is to go on line and talk to people who care just as much as I do about the Celtics. I have been called a fanatic for alot of years, now I have a bunch of other people who are just the same! Beside all of that, it is great every now and then to read something and get a good laugh from what all of you have written. Being one of the only women on this board, it has to be hard for all of you to
open up and see another post from "that crazy worman" on line.

GO CELTICS!!!!!

Rosalie,

I can't speak for everybody (although I'd bet the ranch that everybody agrees with me), but it's not hard at all to read your posts. I just wish you did more of them! My concern, when writing mine, is to try and control some of my saltier language so as not to offend.

Is it possible you and your husband might show up in San Francisco next week for the party?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:25 pm

Sorry - I'm here in Waltham and am going to the game tomorrow night!
Not that I wouldn't love to meet all of you at some point!! Maybe during the summer if you are together here in Boston?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:07 pm

This all falls under a phrase my dad taught me, among others, but...

"You get what you pay for."

And this isn't to institute an increase in our fee for next year, but Sam you really can't assess us enough for what we are getting here. We're getting a great deal here, by far and away.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 pm

bobheckler wrote:Personally, I'd like to put dfury and greenkiller and martini together in a room filled with meth-crazed wolverines and make us all happy.

Bob,

We like each other, right?

I ask because after reading your remedy (above) I want to keep you happy!

"meth-crazed wolverines"...can't top that one...

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:48 pm

NY,

There is only one thing that scares me more than meth-crazed wolverines...

The Filene's Basement Bridal Sale. 1000 gowns, hundreds of women, 8:00 gate time, the racks are stripped bare in less than 60 seconds.

Oh, the Humanity!!

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:58 pm

gyso,

That does sound frightening!

NY
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 pm

gyso wrote:NY,

There is only one thing that scares me more than meth-crazed wolverines...

The Filene's Basement Bridal Sale. 1000 gowns, hundreds of women, 8:00 gate time, the racks are stripped bare in less than 60 seconds.

Oh, the Humanity!!

gyso

"hundreds of women.. stripped bare.." Frightening?

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:01 pm

gyso,

That scenario is probably similar to what the last 5 minutes on the Titanic would have been like. Yikes!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down