So Long Sweetney

+2
RosalieTCeltics
carpecarpium
6 posters

Go down

So Long Sweetney Empty So Long Sweetney

Post by carpecarpium Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:37 pm

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/10/so_long_sweetne.html

Waived today. The guy has skills. If were him I'd hire a nutritionist and a trainer and drop about 80 to 100 pounds.

It would mean 10's of millions of dollars.

Last edited by carpecarpium on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

So Long Sweetney Empty Re: So Long Sweetney

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 pm

It was really kind of sad to watch a guy with the talent that he has work so hard just to get up and down the court after a short time. He really should
shed those pounds. I believe a job is out there for him.

Look, if Tony Allen can get 2 million, this guy should be able to with his talent once he loses weight. I was kind of hoping he would stick as insurance for
Perk. Working with the Celtic conditioning team and Clifford Ray could have meant alot to him. Oh well........Put him on the biggest loser.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:19 am

This will not enhance anyone's opinion of either Ainge or Doc in regards to personnel matters. a golden opportunity to groom a big time presence in the paint for go-to points was foolishly discarded. Management should have gotten him a trainer and a nutritionist, and had Cliff Ray work with him Sweetney has skills and is a bonafide post presence who could have contributed for the better part of the next decade and been there after the 3 Amigos depart. This was almost as dumb but not as insensitive as what was done to Leon by not signing him to the vet minimum to rehab here instead of Cleveland. Both mistakes letting Powe & Sweetney go will eventually come back & bite the C's.-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 am

MD

Untill such time Sweetney HIMSLF puts some effort into getting in shape it is not effecting MY opinion of Anige or Doc, plus it is NOT their money to sign him.

Untill he can run up and down the floor with ease more than 2 times he's not worth much to anyone.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:53 am

As long as you can stand up to what the Big East can dish out, like Sweetney did at Georgetown, your pedigree is valid as far as I'm concerned. Just look at Ewing, Mourning, Mutombo, David Wingate, Reggie Williams, Sleepy Floyd, Iverson. Wyc's cash SHOULD have been invested in Sweetney!

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:04 am

Weight issues aside, who would you want to cut to make room for Sweetney? We can only keep 15 players on the roster.
1. Ray Allen
2. Tony Allen
3. Marquis Daniels
4. Glen Davis
5. Kevin Garnett
6. J.R. Giddens
7. Eddie House
8. Lester Hudson**
9. Kendrick Perkins
10. Paul Pierce -
11. Rajon Rondo
12. Brian Scalabrine
13. Bill Walker
14. Rasheed Wallace
15. Shelden Williams
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:05 am

Kelly: I would opt for elimination of #2, 6, 12, or 13 Sweetney could stay over anyone of those names listed next to those numbers on your list. Sweetney's long range value would counter balance anything any of those players could currently offer.-My fear was realized concerning a thread from several weeks ago on BDC.: Sweetney sadly has become this year's Darius Miles.-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

So Long Sweetney Empty Sweetney

Post by Schlep2010 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:29 am

I think the future tempo of this team (as the big three age and Rondo/Baby/'Quis/JR? take over) will likely become even faster.

I don't see Sweetney getting any faster, so how would he really fit?
Schlep2010
Schlep2010

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:50 am

MD, Well you really can't eliminate Scal or TA...Sweetney is not worth eating those two salaries. It's hard to make a judgement on Bill Walker because we haven't seen him play due to injury, but I would not give up JR to sign Sweetney. Miles didn't exactly put up huge numbers last year, so letting him go doesn't seem like a big deal to me. He averaged 3 pts., 2 reb., and more TO's than Assists.

I agree with Schlep that Sweetney doesn't really fit into future plans either. I don't think he's a viable option to back up Perk at center either. He's only 6'8" and not nearly mobile enough. If he loses 40 lbs., doesn't he just become an older Big Baby? I love Baby, but I don't think we need two of him.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Schlep2010 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

I don't hink Darius Miles did much last year for Memphis and I don't hink he is signed yet, so I guess he migt be this year's D.M., but is that a bad thing? We passed on someone with some good skills who didn't hurt us with another team.
Schlep2010
Schlep2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down