11 Big-Name NBA Players Who Are in for a Major Pay Raise This Offseason

+3
kdp59
dboss
steve3344
7 posters

Go down

11 Big-Name NBA Players Who Are in for a Major Pay Raise This Offseason Empty 11 Big-Name NBA Players Who Are in for a Major Pay Raise This Offseason

Post by steve3344 Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/72760183-4540-3676-afc7-89eab6cc171a/11-big-name-nba-players-who.html

Amazing to think Evan Turner is making over $4 million more than Stephen Curry this season.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

11 Big-Name NBA Players Who Are in for a Major Pay Raise This Offseason Empty Re: 11 Big-Name NBA Players Who Are in for a Major Pay Raise This Offseason

Post by dboss Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:09 am

There are only 4 guys on that list that I would give big money to.  Durrant, Curry, George and Haywood.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

11 Big-Name NBA Players Who Are in for a Major Pay Raise This Offseason Empty Re: 11 Big-Name NBA Players Who Are in for a Major Pay Raise This Offseason

Post by kdp59 Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 am

I HATE Cheatsheet...it is the worst click bate website ever, I avoid it like the plague it is.

so to save others from being abused by their 12 pages of ads...here is their list ( my opinions here)

1. Mirotic- 5.6M this year. ( please)

2. R. Gay- 13.3M (for gods sake Gay is older and he coming off a major injury, he won't get 13M for next year)

3. Ibaka- 12.2M ( he will get more I'm not sure how much  $15-20M is a pay raise though)

4. Teague- 8M ( I see him in the $12-15M range)

5. Redick- 7.4M ( he's older and the Clippers may break it up after the playoffs)

6. Hayward- 16M ( yea, he'll get a max deal)

7. Lowry- 12M ( Should be in the $20M range I think)

8. Blake Griffen- 20M ( he'll get a raise to max, not sure the Clippers will give him that 200M max though)

9. C. Paul- 22M ( they say he gets the new 200M max too, perhaps but not both he and Blake)

10. Durant- 26M ( yeah he'll do the LeBron thing and opt out GS Can give him the 200M max)

11. Curry- 12M ( he should get the 200M max, but if GS gives it to  both they will have future cap issues)

that is their list, as it is.

here is my list of players who should at least double their pay next year:

1. Steph Curry - 12.1M ( Max)
2. George Hill- 8M (12-16M)
3. Otto Porter- 5.9M (12-16M)
4. Nerlens Noel- 4.3M (12-16M)
5. James Johnson- 4M (6-8M)
6. B. Bogdanovic- 3.7M (6-8M)
7. Patty Mills- 3.5M (6-10M)
8. K. Caldwell-Pope- 3.7M (15-20M)
9. Kelly O.- 3.1M (10-15M)
10. Zaza Pachuila- 2.8M (5-10M)
11. Tony Snell- 2.3M (4-8M)
12. Mason PLumlee- 2.3M (8-12M)
13. Tim Hardaway- 2.3M (8-12M)
14. Andre Robertson- 2.2M (8-12M)
15. Terrance Jones- 1.01M (6-10M)
16. Justin Holdiay- 1.01M (4-6M)
17. Mike Muscala- 1.01M (4-6M)
18. JaMychal Green- $980,000 (6-10M)

I think my list is better.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:35 am

I agree kdp, and they might get it, but if I'm GM no way I'm giving KO 15 mill, or Pope 20 or Zaza 10 or Potter 16.....just sayin

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:54 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I agree kdp, and they might get it, but if I'm GM no way I'm giving KO 15 mill, or Pope 20 or Zaza 10 or Potter 16.....just sayin

your looking at the high end..go low I say!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:23 pm

A lot of people thought paying Avery Bradley $8M for 4 years was overpay too.  Everybody knows now that was a steal.  Bradley, himself, fired his agent a year later when he saw how much money people were making under the new salary cap. Crazy to us isn't necessarily crazy to Danny.

I'm going to stick with Sam's position, $ is Danny's province.  Hell, paying Zeller $8M/year seems crazy and he's a fraction as valuable as Kelly, so maybe the $ make sense like that.

Amir for $12M?  Based upon his stats one would have to say 'no', but if you watch the games you see all the little things he does that never make the boxscore.

Stretch 5s are all the rage now.  With the game moving to the perimeter having a 7'er that can shoot, pass and dribble penetrate like Kelly is what makes GMs drool.  Might it be a sign-and-trade?  Sure, but rest assured someone will give him the money.

GMs, anonymously, are saying that $13M is about where they expect Kelly to come in at, not $15M, although GMs do overpay for specific players.  Is Kelly worth 50% more than Zeller?  Hell freaking yeah!  Was Zeller overpaid?  I'd say so, but it's not my money and neither will Kelly's contract be my money.  One thing I know about Danny is that he isn't a crazy person when it comes to $.  He shipped Rondo out when he thought the price was going to be too high and Rondo was our only All-Star and free agent draw.  Same with Sully, he let him go.  Same with Evan Turner, and Turner was a good player for us.  If Kelly gets paid that much I'm confident Danny is making a very thoughtful decision about it.  Danny is big-game hunting.  He has been hoarding cap space for years now.  He won't sign Kelly to a big long-term contract if he didn't think he was worth it, either to the Boston Celtics or to another GM who will give Danny who he wants in order to get Kelly.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:21 pm

bobheckler wrote:A lot of people thought paying Avery Bradley $8M for 4 years was overpay too.  Everybody knows now that was a steal.  Bradley, himself, fired his agent a year later when he saw how much money people were making under the new salary cap.  Crazy to us isn't necessarily crazy to Danny.

I'm going to stick with Sam's position, $ is Danny's province.  Hell, paying Zeller $8M/year seems crazy and he's a fraction as valuable as Kelly, so maybe the $ make sense like that.

Amir for $12M?  Based upon his stats one would have to say 'no', but if you watch the games you see all the little things he does that never make the boxscore.

Stretch 5s are all the rage now.  With the game moving to the perimeter having a 7'er that can shoot, pass and dribble penetrate like Kelly is what makes GMs drool.  Might it be a sign-and-trade?  Sure, but rest assured someone will give him the money.

GMs, anonymously, are saying that $13M is about where they expect Kelly to come in at, not $15M, although GMs do overpay for specific players.  Is Kelly worth 50% more than Zeller?  Hell freaking yeah!  Was Zeller overpaid?  I'd say so, but it's not my money and neither will Kelly's contract be my money.  One thing I know about Danny is that he isn't a crazy person when it comes to $.  He shipped Rondo out when he thought the price was going to be too high and Rondo was our only All-Star and free agent draw.  Same with Sully, he let him go.  Same with Evan Turner, and Turner was a good player for us.  If Kelly gets paid that much I'm confident Danny is making a very thoughtful decision about it.  Danny is big-game hunting.  He has been hoarding cap space for years now.  He won't sign Kelly to a big long-term contract if he didn't think he was worth it, either to the Boston Celtics or to another GM who will give Danny who he wants in order to get Kelly.

bob

+1. Couldn`t agree more. Ainge will pay guys what he thinks they are worth to the team, all things considered. One consideration is keeping a core of compatible players together. Olynyk plays when he is called on and sits without bitching. That`s worth something. DA will decide how much.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:49 am

Everyone is talking about Kelly, LOL.

I look at players who could upgrade over Amir

Noel- Restricted so may be matched Like Kelly ($12-15M)
Ibaka- $15-18M
T. Gibson- $8-12M
Mason Plumlee-$8-12M

in fact I have a feeling that if no major trade is on the table for Danny, our offseason may end something like this:

Kelly gets an offer somewhere else that Danny passes on matching

Renounce Amir ($12M), Jerebki ($5M) pass on Zeller's option ($8M) along with Kellys current $3M that's $28M in cap space, plus the $10M cap bump.

Danny signs Both Plumlee $12M and D. Gallinari ($20M) as Free agents

Drafts  Josh Jackson- Kansas. Tony Bradley-NC in second round

sign Zizic , Yabusele and Nader to rookie deals

Roster:

Horford
Plumlee (replaces Zeller)
Zizic( Replaces Amir)
T. Bradley (replaces Mickey)
Galinari (Replaces Kelly)
Yabusele (Replaces Jerebko)
Crowder
Josh Jackson (replaces Green)
Nader ( replaces Young
Jaylen
Bradley
Smart
IT
Rozier
Jackson

Gut Feeling that Danny will finally get Galinari ( costing him Kelly). Plumlee is a younger /better Amir.

can all be done with cap space.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:25 am

good analysis kdp
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down