jrleftfoot
worcester
gyso
Ktron
bobheckler
16 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Players That MAY Become Available This Offseason Empty Players That MAY Become Available This Offseason

Post by bobheckler Sun May 30, 2021 1:10 pm

As more and more teams exit the playoffs there's nothing else for them to do except think about who they might draft and who they might want to trade or sign as free agents.

I'm not looking for crazy wish lists here, but if there's a rumor that seems to make sense let's talk about it.  It should make sense from the trading team's perspective as well as the receiving team's perspective.  If we're talking about the Celtics being the receiving team then feel free to offer up ideas regarding which players you'd be willing to give up in trade, the salary $ should work.

Here is a website that let's you do simulated trades.  It is an improvement over the ESPN Trade Machine since it also takes into account TPEs. It also allows you to change player's contracts via sign-and-trades.

https://tradenba.com/trade-machine

Time for all you Junior GMs to step up!

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Players That MAY Become Available This Offseason Empty Re: Players That MAY Become Available This Offseason

Post by bobheckler Sun May 30, 2021 1:11 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cleveland-cavaliers-may-look-trade-153043643.html

Cleveland Cavaliers may look to trade Collin Sexton by next season

AJ Spurr

Sun, May 30, 2021, 8:30 AM

Former Alabama guard Collin Sexton has been performing well in the NBA with the Cleveland Cavaliers, the team that drafted him in 2018 at No. 8 overall, and has been steadily improving every season.

With his rookie contract set to expire in 2022, the Cavs will have to make a decision: sign Sexton to a large extension, or trade him away over the offseason.

Terry Pluto of The Cleveland Plain Dealer writes, “Two NBA people I respect suggest the Cavs trade Sexton. One likes him a lot, one is lukewarm. But their point is the team should only sign Allen (a restricted free agent) to a $100 million deal. Because of the Love contract, the Cavs can’t pay Allen and Sexton tons of cash without crushing the salary cap.”

Money is an issue for Cleveland, so is a lack of winning. The team’s financial struggles and lack of competitiveness began when LeBron James left, and Sexton entered in 2018.

There’s no telling exactly what the Cavaliers could potentially get for the young point guard, as opinions on Sexton vary across the league.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Players That MAY Become Available This Offseason Empty Re: Players That MAY Become Available This Offseason

Post by Ktron Sun May 30, 2021 2:57 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cleveland-cavaliers-may-look-trade-153043643.html

Cleveland Cavaliers may look to trade Collin Sexton by next season

AJ Spurr

Sun, May 30, 2021, 8:30 AM

Former Alabama guard Collin Sexton has been performing well in the NBA with the Cleveland Cavaliers, the team that drafted him in 2018 at No. 8 overall, and has been steadily improving every season.

With his rookie contract set to expire in 2022, the Cavs will have to make a decision: sign Sexton to a large extension, or trade him away over the offseason.

Terry Pluto of The Cleveland Plain Dealer writes, “Two NBA people I respect suggest the Cavs trade Sexton. One likes him a lot, one is lukewarm. But their point is the team should only sign Allen (a restricted free agent) to a $100 million deal. Because of the Love contract, the Cavs can’t pay Allen and Sexton tons of cash without crushing the salary cap.”

Money is an issue for Cleveland, so is a lack of winning. The team’s financial struggles and lack of competitiveness began when LeBron James left, and Sexton entered in 2018.

There’s no telling exactly what the Cavaliers could potentially get for the young point guard, as opinions on Sexton vary across the league.

Bob

wtf is Allen? Does he have a first name?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun May 30, 2021 4:10 pm

Jarrett Allen?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5835/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun May 30, 2021 5:49 pm

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 30, 2021 11:23 pm

We lost the draft pick which became Colin Sexton to the Cavs in the trade for Kyrie. If only we had him instead of Kemba.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 31, 2021 11:27 am

worcester wrote:We lost the draft pick which became Colin Sexton to the Cavs in the trade for Kyrie. If only we had him instead of Kemba.

worcester,

If only the Earth wasn't flat, Kyrie wouldn't have slid off it to Brooklyn.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 31, 2021 1:25 pm

But his earth is flat, and Kyrie did slide off to Brooklyn.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon May 31, 2021 6:43 pm

Should/can we take a shot at Sexton?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 31, 2021 9:07 pm

I think we should. He can score and make plays. I' d be willing to trade KW for him even if thst meant eating some of Kemba,'s salary, cap rules permitting. We neef a pg with the ability to b eff a floor general, to make plays, to score, and most of all with availability ...the ability to stay kn the court.

KW was a $140,000,000 mistake. How does an owner forgive such a mistake?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:33 pm

I am not anxious to add another undersized point guard. I'd go with Pritchard and Smart . Kemba is unlikely to be traded because of his salary, age , and balky knee. Maybe the Israeli kid is our future point guard. Finding an athletic big who can stay on the court is a much bigger issue, to me.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:47 pm

6'1" 190#...you are right. We need a taller pg. And a big
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:09 am

I agree about trading Kemba for him, much as I like the dude,Worcester, but I can't see it happening.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:29 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I am not anxious to add another undersized point guard. I'd go with Pritchard and Smart . Kemba is unlikely to be traded  because of his salary, age , and balky knee. Maybe the Israeli kid is our future point guard. Finding an athletic big who can stay on the court is a much bigger issue, to me.

+1 if the last 7 years have thought us anything it is that without a quality big man we are going nowhere.

We do not need a dominant PG anymore we have the 2 Js. We could use Vet players for that spot... if we can get them... Stevens get to work Very Happy

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:41 pm

worcester wrote:6'1"  190#...you are right. We need a taller pg. And a big

Ja Morant, Trae Young they’re not big guards. If they’re great ill go short. Matters not.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:05 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I am not anxious to add another undersized point guard. I'd go with Pritchard and Smart . Kemba is unlikely to be traded  because of his salary, age , and balky knee. Maybe the Israeli kid is our future point guard. Finding an athletic big who can stay on the court is a much bigger issue, to me.
I think our biggest issue is the lack of a floor and we do need a bu center minus TT.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:12 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/06/bradley-beals-trade-future-looms-large-for-celtics-offseason-plans-after-guards-non-committal-response-about-wizards.html

Bradley Beal’s trade future looms large for Celtics offseason plans after guard’s non-committal response about Wizards

Updated 7:52 AM; Today 7:52 AM

Players That MAY Become Available This Offseason RRRBARJ4UVCNTKGWKDEYEKU2DY
Boston Celtics' Jayson Tatum (0) hugs Washington Wizards' Bradley Beal (3) following an NBA basketball game in Boston, Monday, Dec. 25, 2017. The Wizards won 111-103. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer)AP

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

Brad Stevens has a lot of big decisions ahead of him during the 2021 offseason but one situation that he will likely be keeping an eye on in his new role of president of basketball operations for the Celtics is what other stars may become available around the league.

One name that could be on that list this offseason is Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal. The nine-year veteran saw his season come to an end on Wednesday night in the Wizards 129-112 loss to a 76ers team playing without Joel Embiid.

Beal still has two years remaining on his contract with Washington but he could opt out as soon as the summer of 2022 since his final year is a player option. Beal wasn’t interested in addressing his future in Washington yet after another sub .500 season.

“I haven’t even ... we’re not gonna think about that, or even talk about it, right now,” Beal said about his commitment to Washington. “I haven’t thought about none of that, as of yet.”

“Ultimately, I’m in control,” Beal said. “I think that’s my biggest thing. People are going to report whatever they want, but I know where my mind is and I know if it’s not coming from the horse’s mouth, then it’s going to be rumors. I expect them. S---, they’re starting now.

“So it doesn’t change anything. I guess it’s going to increase a lot more this year with me going into the last year of my deal, but for me, I’m just relaxing, resting my body and we’ll evaluate all that when summer comes.”

Beal made very clear before the season he wanted the Wizards to prove they could be a winning organization but a late-season turnaround to earn a playoff berth does not change the fact that there is no direct path towards contention for Washington. They will have no salary cap room this offseason thanks to pricy contracts like Russell Westbrook ($44 million) and Davis Bertrans ($16 million) that clog up the team’s cap sheet and prevent major upgrades around Beal.

All of this could open the door to Beal pushing for a trade this offseason, which is a situation Stevens and the Celtics would need to monitor closely while weighing paying a hefty price to go after Beal. Realistically, Washington’s initial asking price would be Jaylen Brown and that’s probably not a price the Celtics should be willing to pay without added sweeteners given Brown’s under contract for the next three seasons at a very team friendly price. Beal’s next contract will be far more expensive than Brown’s (around $40+ million starting salary) so that would need to factor into Boston’s consideration.

However, with limited avenues to add impact players in the coming years due to the team’s own cap situation, this will be a pivotal call for Brad Stevens to make. Does he like the fit of Bradley Beal next to Jayson Tatum better than Brown? Would getting Kemba Walker and/or Russell Westbrook involved in a bigger deal involving Beal make sense for the Celtics from a team-building perspective? Would there be any possible way for the Celtics to make a run at Beal without giving up Brown (Smart/Rob Williams/Nesmith/salary filler and 4 unprotected first round picks)? A monster offer like that could still easily be topped by a team including a young blue chip player that Washington likes but going further with big offers is something Stevens has to be willing to consider more after Danny Ainge largely balked at those type of moves in recent years.

The other possibility for Stevens may simply be trying to set the Celtics up to be a contender for Beal’s services if/when he hits free agency next summer. Prioritizing clearing some cap room for 2022 (moving Kemba Walker’s deal with picks so it turns into a couple smaller movable contracts) could set the stage for Boston to make a run at Beal without moving Brown and/or lots of other young players and picks. However, if another contender lands Beal in a trade before then, that strategy may backfire as there is always the possibility that the East’s top scorer finds a better home that he’s willing to re-sign with.

There is no clearcut path the Celtics should take when it comes to Beal’s status but his talent level and strong relationship with Jayson Tatum make his situation worth keeping close tabs on. How Stevens handles Beal’s potential trade availability this summer should say a lot about his plans on building this core back into a contender in a loaded Eastern Conference.

Bob
MY NOTE:  For the record, Beal is under contract next year for $34.5M and then has a player option year for $37M.  Yes, according to the Trade Machine, a Kemba-for-Beal trade works straight up, but they'd never go for that of course.  Beal's 27 years old, healthy and one of the most feared scorers in the league.  Kemba, sadly, is no longer any of those.  We'd have to add more, maybe even a lot more, and TPE alone wouldn't cut it, I think.  I'd be ecstatic if we could trade Kemba and Fournier (it would require a sign-and-trade) but without knowing how much Fournier wants I cannot say if the salaries would work (just so you don't think I've completely lost my mind of course I'd love to trade players further down the bench instead of Fournier, I just think those would be salary fillers at best and not players of great interest to Washington.  Would I throw Nesmith or Romeo into the package if necessary, though?  Yep.  An elite bird of prey like Bradley Beal in the hand is worth more than 2 potential hawks in the bush).  I would do Beal-for-Kemba and just Fournier plus TPE and picks in a heartbeat and all I'd like in return was a verbal commitment from Beal to strongly reconsider resigning with us.  Unloading Kemba's contract, and the no-defense Fournier, would be worth that risk to me.  What would be optimum would be if Beal renegotiated an extension right away, ala Kevin Garnett, shortly after his trade to Boston.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:51 pm

I'm really intrigued by the Israeli kid. Can he get out of his contract there? I admit though that I have no sense of how international players translate to the NBA...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Yam Madar is sueing his Israeli League team to get out of his contract. Wants to play in the NBA now. Surely , Celts can find a place for him, although I would hate to lose Carsen or Tremont. ( that last was sarcasm. ) Yam is 6'3 and long-armed, and a pass first PG per reports.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:36 pm

Madar is averaging 18.6 points and 5.7 assists in 33+ minutes per game. He is shooting 47%, 40 from 3, and 83 from the line. I don't know how good the Israeli league is, but I like those #s for a 21 year old. Has anybody seen him play?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:12 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Madar is averaging 18.6 points and 5.7 assists in 33+ minutes  per game. He is shooting 47%, 40 from 3, and 83 from the line. I don't know how good the Israeli league is, but I like those #s for a 21 year old. Has anybody seen him play?

Jr,

Just his highlights, just like the rest of us.  

Positives:  

1.  He is an Avery Bradley/Patrick Beverly type of full court defender.  A "stick-to-him-like-glue" guy.
2.  He has improved his 3pt shooting, which had been his glaring weakness, to 40.9%.

Negatives:  

1.  He's only 180# or so.  That's 15# lighter than Pritchard despite being 1" taller at 6'3".
2.  He's 6'3", 6'5" wingspan.  PP has the same wingspan and that's not that great.
3.  Medium athleticism.
4.  However good the Israeli league is the competition isn't anywhere near as good as the NBA.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:20 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-chris-paul-intends-decline-152917397.html

Report: Chris Paul intends to decline $44,211,146 player option with Suns

Dan Feldman
Thu, June 3, 2021, 8:29 AM

Suns point guard Chris Paul – with a $44,211,146 player option – could be the third-highest-paid player in the NBA next season (behind Stephen Curry and John Wall and tied with Russell Westbrook).

Or the 36-year-old Paul could decline his player option, accept a 2021-22 salary reduction and secure more total compensation.

Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report:

Paul has a $44.4 million player option, which according to several sources, he intends to decline with hopes of inking a new multiyear deal (perhaps in the $100 million range over three seasons). It’s unclear if his recent shoulder injury changes his plans.

Paul has looked healthier since hurting his shoulder. If he already decided to decline the option this far in advance, it seems unlikely the injury is significant enough to change his mind.

A quality leader and ace point guard, Paul is one of the NBA’s most valuable players. His effect in Phoenix has been immense. This summer would be a great time to capitalize on his high stock.

In fact, $100 million over three years might be low.

If he opts out, Paul would be eligible for a three-year, $140,702,685 deal with the Suns or a three-year, $136,794,277 deal with another team. (A longer contract would trigger the over-38 rule.)

Paul wants to play at least four more seasons, and this could position him to draw a high salary while doing so.

If Paul opts out, Phoenix would project to have about $27 million in cap space. Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley, Dennis Schroder, Derrick Rose and Devonte' Graham will be unrestricted free agents. Spencer Dinwiddie (player option) and Goran Dragic (team option) could hit the market. Lonzo Ball (restricted) might be attainable.

Given his age, Paul is not a simple fit with the Suns’ young core (Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton, Mikal Bridges and Cameron Johnson). At some point, Phoenix will need another point guard with that group.

But, for now, retaining Paul would be preferable. The Suns are so good with him. They can figure out the future later.

Of course, cost also factors. Booker is already on a max contract, and Ayton and Bridges will be eligible for big extensions this offseason. Paul’s new deal could send Phoenix into the luxury tax for years. Suns owner Robert Sarver has paid the tax, though not in over a decade.

In the playoffs for the first time in 11 years and up 3-2 on the Lakers, Phoenix has a good thing going. But a new challenge looms: Maintaining success.

More on the Suns
Booker, Suns crush shorthanded Lakers in first half, cruise to Game 5 win Caldwell-Pope will play for Lakers in Game 5, Anthony Davis is out Report: Anthony Davis likely to miss Lakers-Suns Game 5

Bob
MY NOTE:  Would you be in favor of Brad trading Kemba for Chris Paul if Paul signed a 3-year $100M contract?  The sign-and-trade would be a requirement because if he picks up his $44M player option the $ won't work.  At $33M/year, yeah.  That's one year longer than Kemba's contract will run, and CP3 is older, but he's CP3.  We won't have to worry about floor generalship and we won't have to worry about the Js being ballhogs neither.  CP3 won't stand for that BS, certainly not from a couple of whippersnappers. He'll demand the ball and then tell them where to go to get it back.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:46 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-chris-paul-intends-decline-152917397.html

Report: Chris Paul intends to decline $44,211,146 player option with Suns

Dan Feldman
Thu, June 3, 2021, 8:29 AM

Suns point guard Chris Paul – with a $44,211,146 player option – could be the third-highest-paid player in the NBA next season (behind Stephen Curry and John Wall and tied with Russell Westbrook).

Or the 36-year-old Paul could decline his player option, accept a 2021-22 salary reduction and secure more total compensation.

Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report:

Paul has a $44.4 million player option, which according to several sources, he intends to decline with hopes of inking a new multiyear deal (perhaps in the $100 million range over three seasons). It’s unclear if his recent shoulder injury changes his plans.

Paul has looked healthier since hurting his shoulder. If he already decided to decline the option this far in advance, it seems unlikely the injury is significant enough to change his mind.

A quality leader and ace point guard, Paul is one of the NBA’s most valuable players. His effect in Phoenix has been immense. This summer would be a great time to capitalize on his high stock.

In fact, $100 million over three years might be low.

If he opts out, Paul would be eligible for a three-year, $140,702,685 deal with the Suns or a three-year, $136,794,277 deal with another team. (A longer contract would trigger the over-38 rule.)

Paul wants to play at least four more seasons, and this could position him to draw a high salary while doing so.

If Paul opts out, Phoenix would project to have about $27 million in cap space. Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley, Dennis Schroder, Derrick Rose and Devonte' Graham will be unrestricted free agents. Spencer Dinwiddie (player option) and Goran Dragic (team option) could hit the market. Lonzo Ball (restricted) might be attainable.

Given his age, Paul is not a simple fit with the Suns’ young core (Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton, Mikal Bridges and Cameron Johnson). At some point, Phoenix will need another point guard with that group.

But, for now, retaining Paul would be preferable. The Suns are so good with him. They can figure out the future later.

Of course, cost also factors. Booker is already on a max contract, and Ayton and Bridges will be eligible for big extensions this offseason. Paul’s new deal could send Phoenix into the luxury tax for years. Suns owner Robert Sarver has paid the tax, though not in over a decade.

In the playoffs for the first time in 11 years and up 3-2 on the Lakers, Phoenix has a good thing going. But a new challenge looms: Maintaining success.

More on the Suns
Booker, Suns crush shorthanded Lakers in first half, cruise to Game 5 win Caldwell-Pope will play for Lakers in Game 5, Anthony Davis is out Report: Anthony Davis likely to miss Lakers-Suns Game 5

Bob
MY NOTE:  Would you be in favor of Brad trading Kemba for Chris Paul if Paul signed a 3-year $100M contract?  The sign-and-trade would be a requirement because if he picks up his $44M player option the $ won't work.  At $33M/year, yeah.  That's one year longer than Kemba's contract will run, and CP3 is older, but he's CP3.  We won't have to worry about floor generalship and we won't have to worry about the Js being ballhogs neither.  CP3 won't stand for that BS, certainly not from a couple of whippersnappers.  He'll demand the ball and then tell them where to go to get it back.

YES!!! Paul would be perfect for JT and JB

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:32 pm

If CP3 can stay healthy.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:56 pm

bobheckler wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Madar is averaging 18.6 points and 5.7 assists in 33+ minutes  per game. He is shooting 47%, 40 from 3, and 83 from the line. I don't know how good the Israeli league is, but I like those #s for a 21 year old. Has anybody seen him play?

Jr,

Just his highlights, just like the rest of us.  

Positives:  

1.  He is an Avery Bradley/Patrick Beverly type of full court defender.  A "stick-to-him-like-glue" guy.
2.  He has improved his 3pt shooting, which had been his glaring weakness, to 40.9%.

Negatives:  

1.  He's only 180# or so.  That's 15# lighter than Pritchard despite being 1" taller at 6'3".
2.  He's 6'3", 6'5" wingspan.  PP has the same wingspan and that's not that great.
3.  Medium athleticism.
4.  However good the Israeli league is the competition isn't anywhere near as good as the NBA.

Bob. Thanks, Bob. Sounds like he can help, but obviously not a game changer. Didn't expect him to be, but, on the other hand, his rights belong to the Celtics, and he's better than at least a couple of our current options. If he's Avery or Beverly, I am perfectly happy. Also, despite the identical wingspan with PP, 2 inches can make a difference at the rim. Wingspan is a horizontal measurement, but, as far as getting vertical, 2 is 2 inches. My guess is, Madar can add weight. Just looking at feasible alternatives, as opposed to wishing for Paul or Bradley B, neither of which is likely , in my opinion, to happen.

jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next