And a Baby will lead them

4 posters

Go down

And a Baby will lead them Empty And a Baby will lead them

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:57 am

We were talking on another thread about who the Hondo of today would be. I thought it might be the fiery, competitive Rasheed. Someone else (beat?) thought it would be Davis. Well, last night's game pretty much answered who was right on this one.

Say one thing for Davis, he's not easily intimidated (if I was 6'6", 290# I wouldn't be either). He has a higher percentage of his shots blocked than any other player in the league (a stat yesterday said he was 17.9%) and yet he keeps on coming. He was 7-14 on the night and that's with having 4 shots blocked.

I was looking for a post-game thread, to post my post-game thoughts on, but Steve's link to the Miami Herald did such a great job I don't feel cheated.

If we play like this, we can beat anybody.

Anybody.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

And a Baby will lead them Empty Re: And a Baby will lead them

Post by beat Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:10 am

Bob

Yeah lucky guess to some degree. There really is no comparison with Davis to Hondo. Day and night. BUT there are a couple things I've noticed.
The competitive edge, drive, whatever you want to call it. Both have it.
Hondo would guard the best smallish player on the other team. Davis can guard the best "bigger" player on the other team with some exceptions of course. He's quick enough with his feet to stay with um outside and yet get back to take charges from the weak side.

Obviously Hondo is a HOFer and perenial champion, and my all time favorite to watch.

Davis does bring things to the table (no not dinner table) that none of the other C's have. Remember the hold out. Perhaps now we are truly seeing his worth.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 am

Bob & Beat: I guess we now know that it is truly essential to have not a, but "THE TICKET STUB" to get into the game!-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:18 am

A Dream of mine...........................

That somehow Perk could move like Davis
What a freak THAT would be!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:28 am

beat wrote:A Dream of mine...........................

That somehow Perk could move like Davis
What a freak THAT would be!

beat

beat,

Perk moves fine (he led the fastbreak a few times last night). If I would give him anything of Davis', it'd be his hands.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:36 am

Bob

He was running out in front of ONeil and RR got him the ball a couple times. And all he had to do was catch and lay it in. Hands were not the issue those times. No dribble required, no up fake or head fake.
I guess being able to put the ball on the floor more like Davis might be a better dream. (and goes without saying, shooting a foul shot)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:38 am

beat wrote:Bob

He was running out in front of ONeil and RR got him the ball a couple times. And all he had to do was catch and lay it in. Hands were not the issue those times. No dribble required, no up fake or head fake.
I guess being able to put the ball on the floor more like Davis might be a better dream. (and goes without saying, shooting a foul shot)

beat

beat,

Ah yes, the foul shot. You're right, I'll take them first before the hands.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:20 pm

This is the time of year when the 3 point shooters and the youngsters start nuttin up and the vets play like they always do but better. I beat on Glen pretty hard at the trade deadline. Right now glad we kept him. Way to go kid.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down