A LeBron story

3 posters

Go down

A LeBron story Empty A LeBron story

Post by worcester Wed May 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Last night I had dinner with my friend Mike from Brooklyn, who asked when the Finals would start. When he heard I was rooting for Cleveland against the Warriors (I have to - my gal is from there and a rabid fan of any Ohio team, and yes I am p-whipped), Mike told me a funny story. Seven years ago he attended the wedding of his best friend's daughter, LaLa, in Manhattan at Cipriani's on 42nd street. She was marrying Carmelo Anthony, her guy of seven years, and the room was packed with celebrities. Mike was there with his girlfriend Audrey, and after the ceremony he saw LeBron in the crowd. Before the event people were booing LeBron in the street because he had just announced he was leaving the Cavs to go to Miami. Anyways, Mike waved LeBron over and said Audrey had always wanted to meet him. LeBron reached down and kissed her hand and said it was his pleasure to meet her. (Audrey is a fox.) When LeBron left, Audrey whispered to Mike, "Who is LeBron?"

Later that night Mike had a couple of plates topped with garbage he wanted to get rid of. He walked over to a table where a woman was sitting and asked, "Can I leave these here?"

She said "Sure," and then the woman got up to leave the table.

That's when Mike noticed her trademarked posterior and realized she was Kim Kardashian.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

A LeBron story Empty Re: A LeBron story

Post by NYCelt Wed May 31, 2017 7:53 pm

W -

That is a great story!

Reminds me of the time my wife came home from a marketing project she was working on and asked me about an athlete at the meeting that was going to be their spokesman. "Who is 'Big O?'"

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Most women are so oblivious to sports heroes. As I am to fashion designers. Once my gal and I were at an play in the lobby of the theater, and she got all squirrely. "That's Michael Kors," she said to me.

"So," I said. "So what?"
Apparently he's a big fashion designer, and she was eager to meet him. Didn't happen though. Play started and we lost sight of him. By her bed she has a book of Tim Gunn, some gay guy from Project Runway. She can't get enough of him. Why do women love gay fashion designers?

Sunday I was at a party with my gal, two of her women friends and their husbands. The grill ran out of propane, and both of the hubbies departed for Home Depot, unbeknownst to me. I was left with three women. What did they talk about for 45 minutes? Bunion operations they'd all had. Why? Because their designer shoes, shoes designed by the most misogynistic of men like Jimmy Chu, were hard on their feet, but they just had to wear them.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:53 pm

Well now, I guess I must be in a small minority? Good thing I was raised in a sports family, follow the home teams or be left in the wind!! Even my Mom, who at one time could not care less, because a Boston sports fan. We are homers here in our family
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down