Bostonian128
steve3344
Sam
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Interim Party Report Empty Interim Party Report

Post by Sam Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:21 am

Phase 1 of the San Francisco party came off beautifully. Of course, the ending of the game was a pretty big factor. Some pretty happy faces heading out into the SFO night.

But, as usual, it was the participants who made the gettogether really memorable. The starting time was 4:00, coinciding with the commencement of the game. Joining Mrs. Sam and myself in attendance were Bob Heckler, LACeltFanSince62 and a friend, Pumpsie Green and a friend, Jeb, and Bostonian. Lefty O'Doul's proved to be the perfect spot, as we shared a table in a corner of the bar with the Celtics screen straight ahead and the Red Sox just off to our right.

The star of the show, of course, was the game itself. A really good, testing contest in which neither team was able to mount a lasting lead and which was fittingly won on a last-second shot by one of the Celts' best actresses. I have seldom witnessed such a group of completely congenial people. There wasn't a hint of disagreement, and almost every comment that was uttered could have been made by anyone else in the group. Boy, I'd go to war with that group of individuals any time. What a distinct pleasure! And Mustang will soon be on the road to add more spice tomorrow.

This is the first Celtics party with which I've been associated that was accompanied by a Celtics victory. Sincere thanks to all attendees for making this a doubly memorable celebration.

Sam

P.S. To NYCelt, if you happen read this, Mrs. Sam thanks you for the nice words on the game-on thread.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Interim Party Report Empty Re: Interim Party Report

Post by steve3344 Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:40 am

Sam wrote:Phase 1 of the San Francisco party came off beautifully. Of course, the ending of the game was a pretty big factor. Some pretty happy faces heading out into the SFO night.

But, as usual, it was the participants who made the gettogether really memorable. The starting time was 4:00, coinciding with the commencement of the game. Joining Mrs. Sam and myself in attendance were Bob Heckler, LACeltFanSince62 and a friend, Pumpsie Green and a friend, Jeb, and Bostonian. Lefty O'Doul's proved to be the perfect spot, as we shared a table in a corner of the bar with the Celtics screen straight ahead and the Red Sox just off to our right.

The star of the show, of course, was the game itself. A really good, testing contest in which neither team was able to mount a lasting lead and which was fittingly won on a last-second shot by one of the Celts' best actresses. I have seldom witnessed such a group of completely congenial people. There wasn't a hint of disagreement, and almost every comment that was uttered could have been made by anyone else in the group. Boy, I'd go to war with that group of individuals any time. What a distinct pleasure! And Mustang will soon be on the road to add more spice tomorrow.

This is the first Celtics party with which I've been associated that was accompanied by a Celtics victory. Sincere thanks to all attendees for making this a doubly memorable celebration.

Sam

P.S. To NYCelt, if you happen read this, Mrs. Sam thanks you for the nice words on the game-on thread.

Sounds like you all had a great time. Wish I could've been there. The NY party last April was a great one except for the Bulls beating our Celts.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Bostonian128 Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:38 am

Sam, Mrs Sam and the group - that was a real treat - a chance to travel coast to coast in 30 minutes (my speedy commute to SF from Palo Alto.) I definitely took advantage of the basketball I.Q. in the group and I'll be more attentive to things like scoring pace, ball movement, energy level, and the concept of last to score/first to score (thanks Bob.) As I mentioned to Sam, you guys have made basketball even more pleasurable for a guy who played the other winter sport in the days of Orr and Esposito - my dues are well worth it. Good luck to all, Sam and Mrs Sam, have a great holiday and catch you again down the line. Finally, My wife informed me of a long standing party tomorrow night so I must pass but thanks for the invite. Bostonian.

Bostonian128

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:00 am

Does anybody want to do a NYC playoff party during Cavs series?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:19 am

Sounds silly, but how about a Boston party for round two in Boston. Cool

Glad to hear you are having fun in SF guys. Have fun tonight and lets root them home with a sweep tomorrow afternoon.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bostonian128 Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:10 pm

mrkleen - it is silly but this thing called reality is really interesting and needs to be tried every now and then - the bandwidth is amazing and the visuals (3D and rich color) where fantastic - Bob picked the perfect bar, but to our surprise, the nice flat screen TV's were not HD, the HD was in the crowd that showed up.

Bostonian128

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Bostonian,

Well you certainly provided the surprise of the day because I had no idea you were considering attending. And my wife and I found it a very pleasant surprise. Sorry you won't be able to attend the dinner tonight; but, when it comes to memories, yesterday was a keeper.

We also want to express our thanks to Pumpsie for the excellent bottle of wine (definitely unnecessary but most appreciated) and to LACelt for the Lefty O'Doul's t-shirt, which I'm going to wear to the beach today when Sally and I have a little picnic.

Bob and Jeb were kind enough to accompany Sally and me to dinner after the party, and we had a great time.

The City of San Francisco means a lot to me and has since I first visited in 1966. But never more than yesterday, when a great group cheered and agonized and cheered some more...but mostly spent some prime time in a setting of good fellowship. Like previous parties, among the principal highlights of my message board experience.

I see rumblings about possible playoff parties in New York and Boston. While I probably won't be able to attend (still on this present trip for more than another week and then hastily preparing for our busy season on Cape Cod), I really encourage such parties. It's an amazing experience to match names with faces, and I've come away from every party (without exception) absolutely amazed at what a superb collection of quality people are on the board. People who may have had confrontations on the board, when they meet face-to-face, invariably find there's a lot to like about one another. If you're possibly able to attend one of these parties and yet elect not to, you're passing up a great opportunity.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:44 pm

All

Of course I wish I was there last eve and for the things on tap today. Things are a bit tight now and with the kids and Marcus's baseball and my mom's and step dad's situation getting away is next to impossible for a while.

What a great game to watch with a bunch of diehards. So hoist one for a couple of C's fans up here in cold upstate NY.

beat

And rather than start a new thread I'll just add Marcus pitched again last eve against that good team that beat us 10-0 couple weeks ago. Made it as far as 1 out in the fourth. Gave up 8 runs on 7 hits 6 earned again a couple errors hurt. But he did strike out their big stick with 2 out and the bases loaded. He's gaining valuable experience. And after he got done pitching he went to play first. We lost another pitcher 2 evenings ago with a torn or severly pulled hamstring. So that will open the door for more innings at the mound and more at first too. Marcus is most pleased that at least now he has a batting average getting his first hit of the season last night. Team only got 6 total and lost 16-0. And if he could run just a step faster to first he'd have had another.

Game was played at the local fairgrounds and is a former minor league park. Here are a couple photos

Interim Party Report Ihc_4-10

Interim Party Report Ihc_4-11

Interim Party Report Ihc_4-12

Interim Party Report Ihc_4-13

Interim Party Report Ihc_4-14

Interim Party Report Ihc_4-15

with 3 games per week for the next three we'll be busy!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bostonian128 Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks Sam and please pass along to Sally (Mr's S) that I enjoyed the brief exchange during a few of the commercial breaks.

Bostonian128

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 pm

tear it up marcus!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Boy, I don't think I'd want to face a pitcher who looked as determined as Marcus does.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:25 pm

MG has finally arrived in SF! Boy am I getting hungry.

Just checked into my room and will be meeting Sam and Mrs. Sam in about 30 minutes in the lobby. Congrats on the victory last night and glad Sam and everyone else had a terrific time.

Beat, Great pictures of Marcus. Not only does his determination show, but he is also a southpaw. You know in the majors thay say there is always a spot on the roster for a lefty.

I just had a thought, which could be dangerous. The Celtics played last night with the Lakers going tonight. How about makiing this a Lakers viewing party tonight? Ok, ok, I knew it was a bad idea, LOL.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Mustang,

I think that is a great idea! Course I won't be there, LOL.

Have a great time guys.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks pete. I was just kidding about the Lakers Party. I respect Sam to much to try and do that to him. On my way to the lobby.

Good evening all.
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:45 pm

To add my two cents worth...
Great Celtic victory, great time hanging out with board members here on the left coast. Fun for one and all........Go Celtics. LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Updates, we want updates!

Hope all you cats are having a great time.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:11 pm

you want updates bob heres one,Lakers behind by 12 at end of 1st,they're in a dogfight now

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:25 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Does anybody want to do a NYC playoff party during Cavs series?

I'm in for NY & Boston 112288

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:31 pm

112288 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Does anybody want to do a NYC playoff party during Cavs series?

I'm in for NY & Boston 112288

I'm obviously in for anything in NY.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Same place as last year?

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:50 pm

112288 wrote:Same place as last year?

could work for me,anyone want to do another Chinatown dinner tribute?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:53 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:you want updates bob heres one,Lakers behind by 12 at end of 1st,they're in a dogfight now

Hi Cow,

I just tuned that game in, OKC up about 13 at the half. Wow those OKC fans are into it. Great to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
112288 wrote:Same place as last year?

could work for me,anyone want to do another Chinatown dinner tribute?

I'll try to make it. Anyone have a couch for me?

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:59 pm

Red's favorite is a favorite of mine. Chinese it is !

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:05 pm

We know Chinatown,bob sure we could find something

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next