SAN FRANCISCO PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+3
jeb
LACELTFAN
Sam
7 posters

Go down

SAN FRANCISCO PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty SAN FRANCISCO PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sam Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Announcing a Sam's Celtics Forum Party Party Party in One of the Great Cities of the World.

San Francisco, Open Your Golden Gate

Join other forum members in San Francisco for a party gala on Saturday, April 24, 2010. (Quite a few members live in that area.)

This will be one week after the start of the playoffs, so there may be a first-round Celtics game to watch together. (We never know the exact first-round playoff schedule until just before the playoffs start.) Otherwise, there will probably be a Celtics game either the night before or the day after, so we can organize an impromptu second party party party because, if you're staying in San Fran for only one day, there's something seriously amiss. But save Saturday afternoon and evening for some serious partying regardless of any game.

Other details to be announced.

There's a very good Comfort Inn on Van Ness Avenue (a main street with bus service and not far from Fisherman's Wharf and San Francisco Bay. We've stayed there, and it's very acceptable with a free continental breakfast. They're currently advertising double rooms (with queen beds) @ $119 plus tax. They also have a AAA rate, which ranges between $107 and $116 (plus tax) depending on night of the week. Underground parking is available @ $26 per night.

There are obviously tons of hotels in San Fran...many right at Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square and closer to the BART (subway) system or the cable cars that really do climb halfway to the stars depending on how much you've had to drink. (Do you get the feeling that I'm really jazzed about this and I really love San Francisco?) I just mentioned this one because I consider it a very good value because SFO can be somewhat expensive.

Also, Virgin America is currently advertising a sale that includes that period. Virgin America serves San Fran, Boston, New York City (JFK), Washington (Dulles), Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Orange County, San Diego and Seattle. My wife and I are going round-trip from Boston for a grand total of $532 (including all taxes).

Website for the Comfort Inn is:

http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=CA004&sid=Wrar.7ghshgQX4g.4&sarea=85846&sname=san+francisco&sstate=CA&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=37.7884&slon=-122.4073&schain=A&exp=&scity=&sort=dates&type=&map=n&month=4&day=21&depart_month=4&depart_day=26&nroom=1&nadult1=2&nchild1=0&nadult2=1&nchild2=0&nadult3=1&nchild3=0&nadult4=1&nchild4=0&nadult5=1&nchild5=0&city_code=SFO

Website for the Virgin America sale is:

http://airfare.travelzoo.com/north-american-airfare/713788?ptl=done&rating=&tppct=

Hope you can make it. My bag is already packed!

Sam

P.S. Don't watch the movie "Bullitt" before you go. Of, if you do watch it, don't rent a car. (Those who have seen the movie will know what I mean.)

P.P.S. to Cowens. I know the greatest restaurant in Chinatown! And my wife knows the best shops there!
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

SAN FRANCISCO PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty I'LL BE THERE COME RAIN OR SHINE OR SLEET OR HAIL, ET AL...

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:45 pm

I'll be there..There is a multitude of fine dining here in SF, Sam....as you well know....You can literally eat your way across this town and have nothing but great food. It should be a blast.... Go Celtics....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

SAN FRANCISCO PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: SAN FRANCISCO PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sam Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:19 pm

LACeltFan,

I thought I had eaten it all.

Delighted to have another opportunity.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

SAN FRANCISCO PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: SAN FRANCISCO PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Sam wrote:LACeltFan,

I thought I had eaten it all.

Delighted to have another opportunity.

Sam
So YOU"RE the guy they talked about who came in from Beantown and cleaned out the store a while back...It's okay Sam, we went out and got more food...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Sam

I used to make the left turn mcQueen makes off of Army street to start the bullit car chase every day cause I lived in bernal heights. At the time I drove a 66 droptop Galaxie so I gunned it most days.

That car chase is funny cause it was filmed all over the city and covers laughable distance in no time.

A great movie. I've watched it 20 times and still dont know what it's about but anything with mcqueen is good with me.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Jeb,

When I went on that 1969 adventure with the Celtics in L.A., they showed "Bullitt" on the plane, and the team had already seen it four times. Yet it's all they talked about in the car on the way to their last practice. They loved that car chase!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:21 am

Count me as a maybe. I'm waiting to hear the dates on a Myrtle Beach trip in April that hopefully won't be the same week. If no conflict I'm a definite as I'll do the Hot Springs thing combined with the Bash.

Heck I may as take the whole month of April off. Sam can you write my boss a note?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB2tYYYlwMc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:10 am

Dear Boss,

Please excuse Bobc's one-month absence. He's in the bathroom.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:38 am

Sam,

We will try to make this one, sounds like a blast! It would be great to watch a game with other board members, that would be the ultimate game on thread.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Pete

would we all be forced to actually talk to each other?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:32 pm

jeb65 wrote:Pete

would we all be forced to actually talk to each other?

Jeb, I'm trying to picture the alternative.....I see a bunch of folks sitting around in a restaurant/ bar, in silence, watching a basketball game and tapping their fingers furiously on the tables...muttering to themselves, laughing, etc.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:35 pm

LAc

Prolly all pull our laptops out and cyberspeak the whole game!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:13 pm

jeb65 wrote:LAc

Prolly all pull our laptops out and cyberspeak the whole game!
If Darwin was right, a couple of hundred years from now, people will be born with no voicebox (don't need it, nobody speaks to eachother anymore) and extra fingers so they can text faster.....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Jeb,

Your are right, that would be different!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Pete,

Hope you guys can make it. We'll have a blast.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Sam, Looking forward to it. Assuming the majority is ok with someone from the enemy, LOL, attending. I promise not to wear any Lakers gear.

I will do everything I can to make it. Right now I see no reason why I could not. I would be driving up from SD. I also grew up about a 2 hour drive east of SF. I would combine the party with a stop over in my hometown to see some family.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Mustang,

We look forward to meeting you. It should be a really good time.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Sam,

I unfortunately won't be able to make it. My Scoutmaster duties will have me occupied that entire weekend for our Camporee, which is a major event. I'm in Southern California now but my folks still live in the East Bay, so I was figuring on staying with them and taking BART over to the city. Ah well. You've lasted this long without me attending your get-togethers, so I suppose you can last a little longer.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Outside,

I expect some of us will be around for longer than just the weekend. I know my wife and I will be getting in the prevoius Wednesday. Maybe we can find a way to get together. I hope so.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down