+5
jeb
swedeinestonia
sdceltfan
cowens/oldschool
Sam
9 posters

Go down

Contenders at Last! Empty Contenders at Last!

Post by Sam Tue May 04, 2010 12:01 am

It's been a long season. Almost nothing went as planned...or even as hoped. Even after it seemed they might be regrouping after gaining some roster continuity, the regular season ended in a series of downers. It was left to the first playoff series to provide the first legitimate glimpse of sustained promise.

And now, the Celtics had a great shot to win Game One in Cleveland and did win Game Two handily. In Game Two, they hung in there against a furious Cavs run, and they closed out the game nicely.

Regardless of what happens from this juncture, it seems to me that one thing is finally abundantly clear:

The Celtics are once again contenders.

It's not just the fact that they won a game in Cleveland. But the components seem to be falling into place:

• Rondo's distributing the ball like a demon.

• KG's in double-double territory (18/10 in both Cavs games).

• Ray looks like a kid out there, even in guarding Lebron James

• As usual in Cleveland, Pierce isn't exactly dominating, but he's doing a pretty good job on Lebron and chipping in with double figures in points.

• The scoring was really balanced tonight.

• Sheed may be getting more aggressive.

• Tonight, the starters were +14 and the bench was +4...a very nice formula for success.

• They've apparently discovered the secret to beating an athletically superior team: limit the transition game of the opponent by putting the ball in the hole.

• And one of the secrets of the improved offense is that they're making liberal use of the inside-out game.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Contenders at Last! Empty Re: Contenders at Last!

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue May 04, 2010 12:14 am

Mo Williams is in no-mans land,he can't stay in front of Rondo and chasing Ray wears him out,hes gonna get attacked no matter what,gee did it effect his offense at all?Great job by Doc lighting a fire under Sheed it was now or never and it worked,he finally came through.KG is looking active,he battled back after tough start showing alot of toughness,gotta love the way we beat Cavs with alley opps to KG.KG can beat Jamison and Hickson down low,way to exploit it Doc......great adjustments,we can do this.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Tue May 04, 2010 1:29 am

Great win by the Celtics!! Team effort! Rondo was great again. Cleveland unraveled, and Celtic defensive pressure had a lot to do with it.

If the Celtics can reduce turnovers, stay aggressive, and play professionally they have a chance to win this series. Need Wallace to continue to offset his terrible defense with the kind of offense we saw tonite. Still hate his defense.

Play Finley more, Doc, please.

Go Celtics!!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue May 04, 2010 1:48 am

OMG can not believe I missed this game.

GO CELTICS!
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue May 04, 2010 2:00 am

The Celtics won all the hustle plays tonight and just flat wanted it more. Barkley blamed the elbow. If we can hold fast it's going to be epic sweet watchin espn et al eat their words.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue May 04, 2010 2:16 am

Big win tonight. Congrats guys.

I was out, but just saw the highlights.

Looks like Rondo schooled MO and KG was dealing on Jamison down low.

Loved Doc's soundbite (which must have been as they were fighting off the late Cavs' run), "We're supposed to be winning. We're better than them- act like it !!!" It got me fired up and I was only watching highlights.

If the Cs play with that intensity level they will win this series. Cavs were not impressive vs Chicago and have been outplayed by the Cs for 6 of 8 quarters. They're fortunate not to be down 0-2.

As a neutral observer, I'd be feeling a lot better about the way my team was playing if I was a Cs fan than if I was a Cavs fan.

I predicted Cs in 6 and am sticking to it.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue May 04, 2010 12:20 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Mo Williams is in no-mans land,he can't stay in front of Rondo and chasing Ray wears him out,hes gonna get attacked no matter what,gee did it effect his offense at all?Great job by Doc lighting a fire under Sheed it was now or never and it worked,he finally came through.KG is looking active,he battled back after tough start showing alot of toughness,gotta love the way we beat Cavs with alley opps to KG.KG can beat Jamison and Hickson down low,way to exploit it Doc......great adjustments,we can do this.

cow,

Ray Allen will post 'Less' Williams all night long if they keep that matchup.

I see this, now, as being 3-1 Celtics. I'm referring to mismatches. The Cavs have LBJ vs anybody while the Celtics have KG vs Jamison/Hickson, Rondo vs Williams/West and Ray Allen vs West/Williams/Parker. It's tough to coach defensively when the other coach can run plays for any of 3 players and be effective.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue May 04, 2010 7:16 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Mo Williams is in no-mans land,he can't stay in front of Rondo and chasing Ray wears him out,hes gonna get attacked no matter what,gee did it effect his offense at all?Great job by Doc lighting a fire under Sheed it was now or never and it worked,he finally came through.KG is looking active,he battled back after tough start showing alot of toughness,gotta love the way we beat Cavs with alley opps to KG.KG can beat Jamison and Hickson down low,way to exploit it Doc......great adjustments,we can do this.

cow,

Ray Allen will post 'Less' Williams all night long if they keep that matchup.

I see this, now, as being 3-1 Celtics. I'm referring to mismatches. The Cavs have LBJ vs anybody while the Celtics have KG vs Jamison/Hickson, Rondo vs Williams/West and Ray Allen vs West/Williams/Parker. It's tough to coach defensively when the other coach can run plays for any of 3 players and be effective.

bob

and before this series is over Pierce will also have a huge vintage Truth game/moment,but agreed we match up really well vs this team,KG seems to be getting stronger each game and is at different level than regular season and can still shoot better......been loving how well we can run the floor this whole playoff run,who knew?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 04, 2010 7:39 pm

We need for PP to get the ref's out of his head. I honestly think he is thinking too much about fouls, LeBron, missed shots. Let's get him back to the Pierce we all know and love. If LeBron is due, so isn't Pierce. I wouldn't mind seeing Ray go off on them for thirty points either. He is playing absolutely great. After having to handle Wade so much in the last series, he is on LeBron because of Pierce's foul trouble, and he is doing a fantastic job. What a pro! Where would we be in all of these playoffs without Ray??? (Prejudiced I guess!!)

KG looks great and is doing a great job on Jamison. I wonder what little dirty trick Andrew Varejoh has planned. Be ready, this dirty little worm will turn.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Rosalie: Varajeo, a worm, that was Rodman's nick name. I'd like to agree with just about all of what Sam said before. The C's needed one in Cleveland, but this means that in order not to give that win back to the CAVS, we need to beat them 3 in a row. That is a formidable task to say the least. I wonder if 'Sheed will continue to join in the fun, or was last night just a revisited cameo of the past? Why did Doc have to call him out in the press? Our 24-17 reg. season home record is not impressive, but Pierce said at Fan Appreciation Night that the C's would make it up to the fans in post season. Here's a chance to back that claim up this coming weekend!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down