Was it a dirty play

2 posters

Go down

Was it a dirty play  Empty Was it a dirty play

Post by dboss Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 pm

https://nesn.com/2017/10/did-jae-crowder-commit-dirty-play-on-gordon-haywards-gruesome-injury/

Under the new NBA rules you have to give a guy space to come down. When you see the video it looks like Crowder pushed him with his shoulder while Gordon was jumping for the ball and Lebron also hit him up top while he was in the air so Hayward lost his balanced and could not control how he landed. I think it was a combination of both hits but the one that was most damaging was Lebron's hit up top.

At the least it looked like a flagrant foul to me.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Was it a dirty play  Empty Re: Was it a dirty play

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 pm

dboss wrote:https://nesn.com/2017/10/did-jae-crowder-commit-dirty-play-on-gordon-haywards-gruesome-injury/

Under the new NBA rules you have to give a guy space to come down.   When you see the video it looks like Crowder pushed him with his shoulder while Gordon was jumping for the ball and Lebron also hit him up top while he was in the air so Hayward lost his balanced and could not control how he landed.  I think it was a combination of both hits but the one that was most damaging was Lebron's hit up top.  

dboss

Under the new NBA rule, referees can review to see if there was a flagrant, but only if there was a foul called on the play.
There was no foul called on this play.
The rule about closeouts and giving room is meant for players shooting the ball. Hayward was trying to catch a pass.
Lebron was in front of Hayward. He had every right to the ball. A foul could have been called on Crowder for contact going up, but there was minimal contact.
This was a freak, horrible result, but not a dirty play by any player.
This was a regular basketball play that happens throughout the game, but it had a very unfortunate result.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:36 pm

tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:https://nesn.com/2017/10/did-jae-crowder-commit-dirty-play-on-gordon-haywards-gruesome-injury/

Under the new NBA rules you have to give a guy space to come down.   When you see the video it looks like Crowder pushed him with his shoulder while Gordon was jumping for the ball and Lebron also hit him up top while he was in the air so Hayward lost his balanced and could not control how he landed.  I think it was a combination of both hits but the one that was most damaging was Lebron's hit up top.  

dboss

Under the new NBA rule, referees can review to see if there was a flagrant, but only if there was a foul called on the play.
There was no foul called on this play.
The rule about closeouts and giving room is meant for players shooting the ball. Hayward was trying to catch a pass.
Lebron was in front of Hayward. He had every right to the ball. A foul could have been called on Crowder for contact going up, but there was minimal contact.
This was a freak, horrible result, but not a dirty play by any player.
This was a regular basketball play that happens throughout the game, but it had a very unfortunate result.

There was a lot of contact on the play so a foul should have been called at the very least.

The pass looked to me like an alleyoop play. It was not just a pass. But folks see things differently
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down