cowens/oldschool
Phil Pressey
bobheckler
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME NEW YORK - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME NEW YORK - HOME

Post by gyso Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:56 pm

dboss wrote:The Celtics now have the best Defense in the East in limiting opponents points per game.

It is very early in the season but you have to like what we are seeing.

The defense is probably ahead of their offense at this point.  

dboss

It seems a bit premature to be making any predictions or statements like that (best in the East), but I like your enthusiasm. Very Happy

Wicked small sample size, just saying.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I've been reading this board a long time.

I like Kyrie's attitude. It sounds like he just wants to be on a winning team without LeBron and his overpowering ego.

Cleveland fans want him to fail. They say look at the record when LeBron was out or while he was in Miami.

Chemistry is important.

I'm not too impressed with Nader and Ojeleye, but Larkin sort of fills the Phil Pressey role and Yabusele seems to be the best prospect in regards to the no-names.

I'm impressed with Theis and Baynes. Theis is called a rookie, but it's obvious that is the wrong word even if it is technically correct. He looks ready. He looks much better than Jerebko who I thought was solid.

I think the Celtics will survive this early process of figuring out rotations. Other teams also have to work through early season kinks. Our talent will eventually lead to a lot of scheduled wins hopefully starting with last night.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:28 pm

I really  liked Jaylen last year and thought he showed lots of promise, but I didn't expect his offense to blossom so quickly this season. Wow. Great D, damned good O. What is not to like about this #3 pick that most observers thought was an unwise choice by Danny?

Then there's Jayson - another great pick at #3 by Danny - PLUS he gets a high pick in 2018 for trading down! Sure glad he made that move. Jayson has already proven he is the real deal. Just imagine his play when he turns 21!

Theis is no slouch either. Baynes is really helping Al's game, and Kyrie is going to be superfine. What a fun season already.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:29 pm

dboss wrote:
fierce wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:Really interesting article about Kyrie, biding his time and seeing the big picture as being more important than short term stats or personal recognition.

I think the Celtics are still a year or more away from being true contenders, so any experience that Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Smart and the other young players on the team gain - will only benefit the team over the long haul.  So Kyrie can and likely will still take over games when necessary.  But I really like the way he is playing it so far this year.  

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/irvings-drive-succeed-heads-down-new-path-without-hayward

I agree they're a year or two away from being true contenders.

The last piece of the puzzle is what we get from the 2018 Lakers pick or 2019 Kings pick.

fierce

The great thing about the long term future is that the team still has a significant number of future first round draft assets.  The 2018 Laker pick could be huge.  If not they will cash in in 2019.

This team will need to add a young PF/C who can play with and learn from AH.

Danny's decision to trade the #1 pick this year is already paying dividends.  The value of getting 2 picks for one was savvy.  

dboss

Agree.

Marvin Bagley III, DeAndre Ayton, and Mohamed Bamba are bigs with star potential that will be entering the 2018 Draft.
They're all considered to be top 5 picks.
Hopefully the Celts can get one of them.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:17 pm

The Jay's were a pleasure to watch. They are both ahead of what was expected. Big Al doing rock solid Big Al things. Like what I am seeing from Rozier - damn he is fast. Kyrie has not been impressive, and I feel like Baynes is getting more credit than he deserves.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:The Celtics now have the best Defense in the East in limiting opponents points per game.

It is very early in the season but you have to like what we are seeing.

The defense is probably ahead of their offense at this point.  

dboss

It seems a bit premature to be making any predictions or statements like that (best in the East), but I like your enthusiasm. Very Happy

Wicked small sample size, just saying.

gyso
Gyso. Definitely not making and predictions but the statement is true through the 1st 4 games. 

[size=32]I think their D may be better than last year.  We have a bigger backcourt and huge chunk of beef that enjoys banging in the post.[/size]

[size=32]Dboss
[/size]
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2