The website is acting a little funky the last couple of days.

+2
pete
NYCelt
6 posters

Go down

The website is acting a little funky the last couple of days. Empty The website is acting a little funky the last couple of days.

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 11:02 am

I am finding long gaps between comments and the Preview/Send tabs just moved in an earlier post.

Back to top Go down

The website is acting a little funky the last couple of days. Empty Re: The website is acting a little funky the last couple of days.

Post by NYCelt Thu May 06, 2010 11:08 am

TJ,

It's not just you, there does seem to be an issue.

We're looking into it now, and I suspect it may be something within the hosting service server.

Thanks for calling this to our attention.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

The website is acting a little funky the last couple of days. Empty Re: The website is acting a little funky the last couple of days.

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 11:17 am

TJ & NY,

I don't use the preview tabs, so I'm not sure where the lag is coming from....... Although I just did, and it worked quickly for this post.

Is it just text, or is there a picture in it?

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 06, 2010 11:19 am

TJ,

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't experienced the same things (although obviously NYCelt, and possibly others, have noticed it. The best way for this board to handle technical problems is for me to stay out of it, because it's definitely not a strength. Fortunately, it is a strength of administrators like gyso, NYCelt and Pete.

I do know that we've had technical glitches before, and I'm sure we'll have them again. NYCelt's reassurance of looking into it is good enough for me. Maybe you'd be kind enough to let us know if and when you notice that the situation has been rectified.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 11:25 am

One more thing, if not everyone is experiencing the same thing, it can be the servers in between this forum & a particular area. Very much like certain highways in the country bogged down with traffic, or a maintenance issue, and others flowing smoothly.

This can also be happening for some internet providers, but not others, as they all get here by different paths.

Server traffic & problems can be isolated to specific areas in the country. Hopefully, it will clear up soon.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu May 06, 2010 12:16 pm

pete wrote:One more thing, if not everyone is experiencing the same thing, it can be the servers in between this forum & a particular area. Very much like certain highways in the country bogged down with traffic, or a maintenance issue, and others flowing smoothly.

This can also be happening for some internet providers, but not others, as they all get here by different paths.

Server traffic & problems can be isolated to specific areas in the country. Hopefully, it will clear up soon.

Pete

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary lately except when people use the Quote option. The window-in-a-window doesn't look like it did.

I am using the Quote now to see how the results look.

______________________________________________________-

Note:

Actually, while in the Preview mode, the Send and Preview buttons did jump around a bit. At first, they were way down at the bottom and when I found them, they vanished. They were then found back up where they belong.

I repeated the Preview and it did it again. I hovered my mouse over the buttons and they disappeared, only to be found back at the top.

Ditto.

Odd.

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu May 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Seems a bit askew with me also. This reply box is shifted left from where it was and even GYSO avitar doesn't appear on the right side of his post.
Plus I too have the large gaps at the end of some posts but not all.
Probably that damn oil spills fault.

Anyway for what it's worth.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu May 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Almost seems as if the margins have screwed up. When I first saw my above post it appeared normal but withing acouple seconds it went to about half the screen for some reason.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Hello All,

So far, everything checks out on my end, and I cannot reproduce the problem. So, there may be something going on with the servers, that is specific to certain operating systems, Windows/Mac. It does happen this way with web sites sometimes.

If you can, hang in a bit and hopefully it will clear up soon. If not, we will get to the bottom of it.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu May 06, 2010 2:03 pm

pete wrote:Hello All,

So far, everything checks out on my end, and I cannot reproduce the problem. So, there may be something going on with the servers, that is specific to certain operating systems, Windows/Mac. It does happen this way with web sites sometimes.

If you can, hang in a bit and hopefully it will clear up soon. If not, we will get to the bottom of it.

Pete

The avatars do not line up at the right. The second post (NY's) is where it starts. TJ's initial post is full width.

It is like we are playing "Find the Send button" in the Preview page.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Try deleting the forum cookies on the main page, bottom right & see if that helps.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu May 06, 2010 3:29 pm

gyso wrote:

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary lately except when people use the Quote option. The window-in-a-window doesn't look like it did.

I am using the Quote now to see how the results look.

yes, the quote function definitely seems like it's not working right. Much harder to read without the shaded box.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

The website is acting a little funky the last couple of days. Empty Technical Issue report

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Ok, so there is a technical issue with the hosts of this site pertaining to the quotes & buttons moving around. They are working on a fix, so like the Outer Limits, "The Problem Is Not With Your Television Set"

Hopefully it will be taken care of soon.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 4:45 pm

pete,

The box to type a reply in is now above the last post in each thread.
The Preview/Send buttons are still at the bottom.

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 06, 2010 4:48 pm

tj,

I'm pretty sure it is all related, and once one thing is fixed, it should all be back to normal.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri May 07, 2010 8:34 am

The problem is not fixed yet. Preview still acts funky.

I have disabled the Quote button for now.

Forumotion suggests replying by copy & paste and use the "at" symbol before the other user's name. This is actually a typical way to address the one that your post is to, at least on some of the other boards I've seen.

For instance:

@pete,

It it is all related, and once one thing is fixed, it should all be back to normal. The quotes should line up as before (I hope).

Forumotion says it affects IE, but not Firefox or Chrome. They didn't mention anything to do with PC's vs Macs.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 am

This thread seems to be the only one with a margin issue the rest seem fine!
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue May 11, 2010 3:45 pm

All,

The issue that caused us to turn off the Quotes option still hasn't been fixed by Forumotion. It may cause problems while previewing a message. It may also affect the Quick Reply box.

There is a thread for the problem over in the Help forum (only available for admin guys). I am checking in every so often to see if they fixed the issue. So far, no.

This bug doesn't cause the same problems equally across the board. I reported above that Forumotion says it affects IE, but not Firefox or Chrome. The post on the Help thread indicates now that that isn't true.

For now, we wait. When I notice it has been fixed, I will turn on the Quotes option and we can go on as before.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri May 14, 2010 11:40 am

All,

The script error problem is supposed to be fixed. I activated the Quotes button and tried it myself. All is in the green!!!

Please report any further issues on this thread with the Quotes, Quick Reply or any other things that the scripts have been messing with.

Feel free to report that things seem to be back to normal as well.

Thanks for your patience,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm

And thanks to both gyso and NYCelt for working so hard to solve this issue.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down