+3
sinus007
gyso
Shamrock1000
7 posters

Go down

ESPN's new website Empty ESPN's new website

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:59 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else hate ESPN/ESPNCBOSTON's new website format? Maybe I'm just getting old....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

ESPN's new website Empty Re: ESPN's new website

Post by gyso Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:02 am

Is this the one?

http://espn.go.com/boston/

What about it do you not like? It seems to me to be merely typical of all websites, throwing all kinds of advertisements at you so they can pay the bills.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:03 am

Hi,
I'm with you, Shamrock. I don't mind the new look - sure it takes some time to get used to it. But when you go to ESPN Boston and go to, say Celtics, it takes you to the "general population", so if you want to check Bruins after that you have to go back, etc.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:47 am

The navigation seems to have issues, but some of that is me figuring things out. The used to have the regional links at the top of the page, so if you wanted to go to ESPN Boston, it was a click away. I couldn't figure out how to get there from the new home page at first, but I eventually found a nice set of links if you click on the 3x3 dot grid at the upper right, including the regional links. Like Sinus says, once you are on the Celtic page, getting to the page for another sport isn't intuitive, but I guess you can go back to the ESPN Boston home, then select Bruins or Red Sox or whatever.

I'm not a fan of one aspect of the new site -- if you scroll down the page, more stuff keeps loading so that the page appears endless. This happens on the main home page, on the sport-specific home pages, and other pages like the Celtic page for ESPN Boston. I've seen other sites do this type of thing, and it strikes me as the equivalent of unloading the content dump truck in my lap instead of actually organizing content.

Many people resist change of any sort, and web sites obviously need to get reworked from time to time. Maybe I'll like it more over time, but I'm not thrilled so far. Like gyso says, these big sites are basically advertisement delivery vehicles with some content to draw you in.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:00 pm

I just dislike ESPN on principle.  I believe they're guiltier than most of sensationalistic reporting and they are more anxious to stir up controversy than to provide thoughtful insights.  An exception, of course, is Jackie MacMullan; but I don't consider her an ESPN product.

Unfortunately, I have to use their website for box scores because they include fast break points and points in the paint.  I'd prefer to use Yahoo's box scores, and they offer something ESPN doesn't—the number of times each player has has his shot blocked.  But the fast break and paint stats win out, so I lower myself to go onto ESPN.  But I always wash my hands carefully with soap, water and Purell afterward.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Try nba.com as an alternate to espn. Typical box score and team stats set-up.

http://www.nba.com/

swish

Last edited by swish on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:11 pm

PLAIN AND SIMPLE THE ESPNBOSTON.COM NEW WEB SITE SUCKS!

TOO COMPLICATED, YOU CANNOT VIEW EACH SPORT TO SEE THE MAJOR HEADLINES FOR THE BOSTON TEAMS

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down