Gordon Hayward will help Boston Celtics coaching staff during injury recovery

Go down

Gordon Hayward will help Boston Celtics coaching staff during injury recovery Empty Gordon Hayward will help Boston Celtics coaching staff during injury recovery

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:03 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/10/gordon_hayward_will_help_bosto.html#incart_river_index

Gordon Hayward will help Boston Celtics coaching staff during injury recovery

Posted on October 27, 2017 at 12:25 AM

Gordon Hayward will help Boston Celtics coaching staff during injury recovery Gordon-hayward-cddeb624f29db351
The Boston Celtics plan to use Gordon Hayward's basketball intelligence during his recovery.(AP Photo/Winslow Townson)

By Jay King

MILWAUKEE, Wisc. -- The Boston Celtics plan to tap into Gordon Hayward's basketball intelligence while he rehabs from an ankle injury that could sideline him for the rest of the season. 

Head coach Brad Stevens said the team plans for Hayward to assist the coaching staff in some ways over the next few months. 

"We are just going to throw him different assignments that we're working on as a staff," Stevens said Thursday night after downing the Milwaukee Bucks, 96-89. "Just to keep him engaged."

"I just have a couple (assignments) I have in mind," added Stevens. "I don't want to get too specific or deep on it. Just so he can continue to stay engaged and give some of our younger players his insight."

Looking into ways to lift Hayward's spirits throughout his recovery, Stevens has inquired what worked for Paul George when he was injured years ago. The Celtics are trying to keep Hayward as engaged as possible as he goes through the lengthy rehab process. 

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down