cowens/oldschool
kdp59
red16russ11
KyleCleric
beat
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So we aren't as good as Golden State? - Page 2 Empty Re: So we aren't as good as Golden State?

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Sean Grande‏Verified account 

[ltr]@SeanGrandePBP[/ltr]

FollowFollow 

More
Adding more fuel to a debate I kind of get, but then again really don't, Marcus Smart now ranks 9th in the NBA in NET RATING...defense AND offense combined.

So we aren't as good as Golden State? - Page 2 DO86CQIW4AAT125

bob
MY NOTE:  I'd take this with a grain of salt.  For one thing defense is a team thing more so than offense.   If the team has a good defense then it makes sense that all the heavy minute players would have good defensive ratings.  Baynes is ahead of Smart.  Baynes is a good defensive player but #1 in the NBA?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

So we aren't as good as Golden State? - Page 2 Empty Re: So we aren't as good as Golden State?

Post by dboss Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 pm

The collective contribution for the entire team impacts both offensive and defensive ratings.  

Clearly Baynes is a solid defensive player howver a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.  Baynes as well as every player on the Celtics derives positive defensive rating because of himself as well as the guy to the left and to the right of him.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Dboss

sorry to respectively disagree

During that big run he was on the court the entire time... our own new star Irving was on the pine ecept for the first foul shot by Baynes when he was replaced by TR

During that run which we went from 17 down to eventually up to in the space of under 4 minutes Smart...got 2 defensive boards and tipped another that he could not control to Horford, had a steal, 2 assists that let to a Brown trey and a Horford 2 and another pass to Horford that he got fouled on and converted both foul shots. Cut off Green on the baseline and forced him to lose the ball out of bounds....and obviously didn't allow his man to score (along with everyone else.  

He missed a 3 ...(Brown crashed to O boards and got the putback)

and he missed a foul shot but did make the one that tied it a 66

Here is the entire run..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdEycexAGvc

This thread was started as a comparison as to be able to compete with GS...; HELL we have beaten them 3 of the past 5 times we have played them.

They were at full strength on a streak.......and we won

Yeah I like Smart

I like him a lot

I wish he could get out of his offense funk as much as the next guy

BUT i'm tired of the constant bashing too.

We don't win that game without him as we don't win it with several others.
Statistically we are a better team when he is on the court no matter how you cut it,

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:33 pm

bobheckler wrote:Sean Grande‏Verified account 

FollowFollow 

More
Adding more fuel to a debate I kind of get, but then again really don't, Marcus Smart now ranks 9th in the NBA in NET RATING...defense AND offense combined.

So we aren't as good as Golden State? - Page 2 DO86CQIW4AAT125

bob
MY NOTE:  I'd take this with a grain of salt.  For one thing defense is a team thing more so than offense.   If the team has a good defense then it makes sense that all the heavy minute players would have good defensive ratings.  Baynes is ahead of Smart.  Baynes is a good defensive player but #1 in the NBA?

250 minutes is sort of a low threshold I'd think just looked and 215 players have played at least 250 minutes

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2