Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers, Away

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:55 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2017/12/comments-from-other-side-pacers-121817.html

Myles Turner will play He was game-time decision, but good to go. Guess he’ll be waiting at the rim for Tatum!

"How to flatten Kyrie Irinvg" – Good job, Foxsports.

After a good win on the road your reward is to come home and play the Celtics. Probably be more than a few Celtic fans present. To win this game will require the best effort of the year, A win no matter the situation will be hard to achieve. Pacers need to poach a player or two from the Celtics next year. 

Gonna be tough to get a win tonight, on the second of a back-to-back against the Celtics. But, last time we played them was without Oladipo, so we'll see how we match up tonight. 

I think we match up decently well at least, the Celtics aren’t a team that will kill us on the glass which is where we really struggle. 

C’s are struggling to score. Don't see it changing tonight. Should be indiana’s game to win at home 

Boston in the early season overachieved greatly. Now the scouting report about how they defend is out, Pacers have enough offensive firepower to overwhelm them. 

They can’t miss Anybody know how many times the Pacers have beaten a team that shot 100%?

10 for ****in 10 

And this is why Ainge didn’t want to trade Brown or Tatum for PG 

Even Smart is shooting well. This is potentially bad.

Tatum is a beast At least we have Joe young…(MY NOTE:  Tatum or Mighty Joe Young?  Please...)

Wow, an Al Jefferson sighting! 

Why we play so bad against Boston  I hate this guys 

Because they are the best defensive team in the league. Everyone plays bad against them. That's what good defenses do. They force you to play bad. 

Celtics are good 

Did Quinn just say that this was a foul on Tito Horford?  (MY NOTE:  Yep, he did)

We don't match up well against them, that's true, but they're definitely the best defensive team in the league. The numbers prove it

Getting back into this game with free throws. Good job guys. 

Tatum is GOOD.

Yep, very good.

Same thing happened last time, Celtics were made to look like the Warriors on offense. This game is over already.

Boston right now is one of the best teams in the league. Only Houston and Golden State have played better basketball than they have.

BOS 9 assists, Pacers - 1...

Where would they be if Hayward had not got hurt?

Boston's actually been off for a few weeks now

Meh, they're still 7-3 in their last 10 games. Yeah, they had a stinker against Chicago and they lost to the Jazz but even great teams lose from time to time.

Yeah but they went from a historically great defense to a below average one... They aren't nearly as good as their record right now

You really don't like the Celtics do you?Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers, Away LAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAEAAA0ALAAAAAAPAA8AAARZsEkJap241aUQIhcGcEkSnMQBTEBnnnC6aogpwHcAasqbB7mCCoD4wXCGSlHAbDqTANtgSh0IClACsEq9qjRaAfe6AxMYTvKXQiAU3m9ZpmKoG4YZlmU2iQAAOw== They've still got the number one defense in the league, yes their opp points per has gone up but we're talking by .9 points since their win streak. If they've been below average lately I'd doubt they've still be holding teams to the lowest point total in the league.

Pacers are getting some calls tho... 

Marcus Smart has turned into Steph Curry for some reason 

He does that one every fifteen games, the other games he’s lucky to make one of six.

Al Horford has more than twice the assists of our entire team 

The Celtics just aren't allowing us to get any of our offense going. They have been able to break up most of our plays so far and they have disrupted our ball movement. The fact that we only have 2 assists so far is telling.

Pacers with 2! assists after two quarters... what happened to the beautiful ball movement that we like so much??? 

Celtics defense happened. They're taking away all of our options and they're running our shooters off the 3-point line. The ball is still moving but we cannot find an open shot anymore so we don't take them. We're forced to go down to our 4th and 5th options of the play and/or try to take advantage of mismatches (caused by switches on screens).

Still think that best teams in the East are Toronto (they are loaded with talent), and Cavs (LBJ). Celtics? They have the best coach in the NBA, so anything is possible. Kyrie? He is one of the best in the game, playing with a chip on the shoulder, under very smart coach.

We just let a guy shoot 5 free-throws in 1 possession.

What I like about Celtics - they take time on offense. Not that streetball threepoint rain parade usually most teams play today.

Most teams don't have Brad Stevens.

Toronto is good but in my opinion they are one tier below than Cleveland and Boston. Boston has only played like an elite team so far. Only Houston and Golden State can claim that they've been better so far.

How come Marcus Smart shots well against us but no one else? 

Tatum is a pain in the neck (and what? 19 years old?) 

The crowd is almost more in favor of the damn Celtics   Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers, Away Default_68facepalm

Wish we had a defender to chaser Kyrie..so Collison and Oladipo wouldn't have to 

Boston has the Pacers over matched on talent. And not a little 

Kyrie is kind of great. 

Refs keeping us in it... 

Tatum doesn't play like a rookie... He is so mature & efficient. 

Not only a rookie, but a 19 year old. So young and good. 

Mentally Celtics lost composure in the third quarter, let'd hope they will stay that way.

Sabonis gets knocked aound..no call 

14-22 from 3 and we're only down 5. Crazy? 

We're outplaying them since the 1st quarter. But they keep hitting every 3 they take. Only reason they're winning, or even in the game. 

Pacers have shot 3 times as many free throws. Refs are keeping us in this one. 

CoJo has done a good job on Kyrie 

WOW!!!! I cannot believe how good VO is!!! He's 5x better then PG ever was. He's playing like a top 5-6 NBA player right now! 

Lance flops and gets rewarded lol, gg 

Thank you for the FTs, Lance. 

..If the call on the floor is a jump ball..can the replay go either way??? 

Going our way 

The earth isn't flat! 

We cannot let these guys off the hook. If this goes OT I'm gonna stroke out.  (MY NOTE:  We didn't go to OT, but I wonder if we hear from this guy again.  He might have "stroked out" in regulation)

Kyrie is clutch.

Kyrie..is a baaaaaaaad man...111-110....:09 left 

Man Kylie isn't going quietly get CoJo to the line 

And Kyrie Irving is unfortunately very good.

That has to be the most stupid L in nba history 

I cannot believe what I just saw 

Why did Boston not foul earlier? Expecting a dumb Pacer move? Yep 

I wouldn't have expected such a boneheaded play from Bogdanovic. Celtics seem to have to be the clutchest team in the NBA.

That is one of the worst endings I've ever seen. I'm getting drunk...

Not sure ive even seen the hornets lose a game quite like that. Bogdanovic probably shouldn't be in right there. What a choke job sheesh

I hate to curse but What the **** just happened

Barf. The earth is flat. 

Kyrie kept them alive and we gave it to them.. ..give away layup 112-111 we lose.. .. I'm not feeling too good 

That was.. The most heartbreaking end to a Pacers game I think I've ever seen. 

Bojan is such an smart player and he pulled that s*** 

Yeah, I'm sorry, that play loses all smart player cred 

Why is no one getting on Joseph for passing first ???

Because he passed it to the right team? 

Patriots steal a win yesterday their basketball counterpart steals one from us. Go figure 

I'm absolutely furious. One incompetent player shouldn't be allowed to ruin things for everyone else like that. 

Heartbreaking. But I'll be damned if to let that dim the bright future of this team. We could see our first title with this group. Maybe not this year, but I could see us meeting up with Boston or Cleveland in the East finals if we can play like this and have a real shot at it this year if Oladipo is the next coming of MJ haha. Oladipo is a superstar in the making, Sabonis is amazing, Lance is closing games on a level not seen since his East Finals days, and still Turner is there waiting to break out from his young big man funk and be a possible star as well. 

Was anyone else just staring at the TV dumbfounded when the game ended? 

Talk about a punch to the gut, hope this loss doesn’t linger. That’s the type of choke job that can start to fracture a close locker room..

Boston was reeling too. Hate to give them that one

The Celtics have the defenders and the clutchness of Irving to finish close games in a good way. What Bojan did was stupid but credit also to the Celtics. They found a way to win another close game. 

It was awful, we just gave them the game

We completely beat ourselves This one makes me sick.

I'm gonna start drinking bloody marys until I pass out.

Celtics trailed by 5 with 30 seconds left in the game tonight. Entering Monday, teams were 0-379 when trailing by 5 or more in the final 30 seconds this season 

Tonight's' game sucked, Celtics needed a miracle and got one. 

Letting Kyrie come down and hit shot after shot to end the game also sucked. I mean come on, how much do we have to go through as a fan base. 

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down