Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS)

4 posters

Go down

Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Empty Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS)

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2017/12/comments-from-our-side-pacers-121817.html

I started reading through some of the comments on the Celtics forums and thought it would be fun to post a Comments from OUR side for this one.  The emotions were a virtual roller coaster.  Hate the team.  Love the team.  Hate the players.  Love the players.  I have to admit that I'm a Marcus Smart fan and it appears that Brad is too because he plays him at the end of games.  Even Brad came under fire in this game.  When I see the Celtics falter, I think of what a rough stretch they are going through and have had one practice in the past two months.  I always cringe when I see a Celtics fan call our team trash.  I love this team and have never considered them trash.  EVER.  I may get frustrated with a player but always love them as long as they wear the Celtics uniform.  Only ONE player in over 40 years got me so frustrated that I did not like him and that was Mark Blount.  I love this team and that sure was a fun finish last night.  Have some fun chuckling at our own side on this one.  - FLCeltFan

Indiana Is really good...WAtched Last inght Game against Brooklyn. Their bench Is strong and I was really surprised how good Sabonis is. Imo they are fovourites on home court. We will need a great game to beat them.

Morris needs to go to Germany for the Kobe knee injections.

Looking at the Pacers stats they are better then ours. They have a tall team down there in Indiana 

A blowout win or a blowout loss would not surprise me at this point. Team is so unpredictable lately

Have to contain officeDipo (because he been going to work) tonight He’s having an all star year

Smart is 2 for 2 from the arc Expect him to shoot 8 more from that area tonight :smile:

The guys calling this game are pretty painful to listen to

Tatum will be Durant good by 24.

Tatum on a worse team would have more numbers that get you rookie of the year and less numbers that contribute to winning. I’m fine with him contributing to winning here, let Simmons put up triple doubles for a .500 team.

Smart has been a turn over machine lately If his passing ability is dipping, then he has no ability

More unforced atrocious Smart turnovers But I guess some of us are just not bright enough to appreciate his immense value

Once again Smart/Rozier trying to do too much. Just make the right pass. We don’t need them to be Kyrie Irving.

Rozier Sucks I can not stand watching Rozier and all his one on one BS. He tries to play like Irving and is not even close. This bench is absolutely horrible. 

TR is a complimentary energy player. He’s being asked to do outside is skill set.

So we rant and rave about Tatums 3 point shot and rightfully so, but we may be getting to the point where Jaylen Browns 40% shooting from deep can no longer be considered a fluke  (MY NOTE:  Neither is his 58% ft%)

Build that lead cause we're gonna need it when the bench do their thing

Brad just needs to learn to keep one of Horford or Kyrie in the lineup with our bench. 

Loving these Pacers unis. Gotta suck to be a Denver fan and get their hand me downs.

Wow, a dance team that doesn't look like they're getting electric shock therapy on the floor. What a nice change.

There is little doubt Smart shoots better knowing he has no choice lol 

Had the refs not be trying to keep it closer the score would be even more lopsided.

I don’t even get stoked for big leads anymore. I’m just mentally preparing myself for Indiana to tie this game up in like 3 seconds at the start of the 2nd-quarter.

Marcus smart stupid turnover...leads to an open 3...and then he fouls him... I’m honestly beginning to think this team is better without him

Can’t stand Smart.. One good thing always negated by another stupidity.

Two really atrocious calls in a row. The one on Kyrie made no sense, and the 4 point play on Smart…. He was like 5 feet away 

Smart was 6 feet away from the guy and got called for a foul lmao

The knee jerk reactions against Smart and Rozier in this game are crazy to me, though You would think we are losing, but the bench sustained most of the lead. It’s a long season, all is well if we get the W

Just as thunder follows lightning Marcus follows a careless turnover with a stupid foul in frustration. It’s like an equation.

Ok I think  Rozier needs to go. Very inconsistent and not getting better. I like Rozier but I don’t think he is good for the bench as an X factor.

17-7 foul discrepancy Hmmmmm

Jaylen seriously need to work on his freethrows

Jesus Jaylen…. Lookin like Shaq with the free throws

Jaylen is the 6th worst FT shooter in the NBA

4 straight missed FTs? That is pathetic. He's going to be hack-a range soon. 60.6% entering tonight's game.

Jaylen should take his FTs from behind the arc.

Don't be surprised If ‘untouchable’ Jaylen Brown becomes very touchable as part of a Danny deal for a big in the next year or so, especially as Haywire comes back.

Because he can't hit free throws? A very fixable problem? When he doesn’t play, the defense absolutely falls of

I know hot takes are rampant But the man is only 21 and is still developing

Jaylen certainly isn’t untouchable. The best case upside for Jaylen is he becomes an above average NBA player who maybe cracks an All Star squad a once or twice during his career. The problem is the player Danny wants, Davis, can’t be acquired for Jaylen and guys like Smart, Rozier, Theis, and draft picks.

Tatum is the future. Smart Rozier and brown not

Well smart is gone after this year and rozier was never going to be BROWN and Tatum are the future. BOTH

OOOOOH JAYSON TATUM WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!

Swear I love DANNY!!

Smart's got to go!

Brown plays soft on offense Ala Jeff Green sometimes

No effort but may be caused by the ridiculous foul calls.

Smart does not play smart

Tatum is a rookie and plays like a 4 year player unlike brown and smart

Jaylen Brown is a max 17-18 ppg scorer on this team. When Gordon gets back, he’s not going to jump up in average. It’ll be even more spread out. He’s a great piece in a mega trade for another big time Star. Whoever said he’s better than Jimmy butler should have their heads checked.

He's not better than Butler now... But he is better than Butler was in his second year. Why is everyone so impatient?   (He is also better than Butler when he was in his third year)

Kyrie is a cheat code

This FT fest is garbage. Pacers aren't doing anything and staying in the game.

Rozier killing the team right now.

Our 2nd Unit, Sucks.

Smart and Rozier together are a disaster.

Horford’s shot really annoys me lol

Did Jaylen just throw an oop to Smart? Lol should bench him for the night for that decision.

Smart is the Pacers best player. Wtf.

Marcus for 3!!!! Smart on fire!!!

Smart go home you garbage.

Marcus "Cobra" Smart. 4-4, from 3???

OH what a play by Smart to Horford!!!

This Smart is a pod-person for sure.

Love how Rozier takes the last shot,misses everything and gets up and acts like he's all that...lol 

Been a really bad couple weeks for TRo.

Thought it was a month.

I could have sworn it was a career... 

Tatum is the way he is because of good parenting. His mom sees him do something amazing and all she says is "yeah, that was nice but he didn't get that rebound the last game!" she congratulates him but reminds him he can always do better! Like CBS, they are never too high on the good or too low on the bad.

Jayson Tatum's mom is Bill belichick??

Only player the Celtics should trade Jayson Tatum for is Anthony Davis.

Marcus Smart is a human roller coaster. Your in for the ride of your life.

I have just accepted the reality that Smart's play, good or bad, will cause me to drink.

Kyrie takes shots that no man has any business taking and makes them look easy

Baynes has to actually go for his shot as opposed to just trying to draw the foul....

We call it a Crowder

I’m not watching the game, I’m just following along with the play-by-play on NBA.com while I’m at work. Can someone explain the FT discrepancy? Are the refs just being awful or are we really fouling this much and Indiana’s hardly fouling at all?

Ask Tommy

Kyrie is a transcendent offensive player, every trick in the bag

Ummm we're going to lose this because our guys are going to get fouled out aren't they?

This really no point of watching the first three quarters of the Celtics games lol.

He bangs into Baynes, and Baynes doesn't Budge. LOL

6 Turnovers and counting for Smart..all of them leading to buckets on the other end..make it 7  Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) YGqklk9iaaMtLx1OEQAAOw==

Horford comes back in and all of a sudden the ball movement is back, even when he doesn't touch the ball. The team just seems to move the ball better when Horford is out there.

Sometimes I wonder if Smart knows he's a FA this summer and playing for his next contract.

Smart is the most infuriating player in the league.

Rozier looks out of control even when he makes the shot.

Marcus Smart Has the most oxymoronic name in the history of basketball

Brown is a bench player and it’s becoming just a corner 3 point shooter. He needs to learn from the rookie Tatum

None of you people slandering Brown deserve having him on this team.

Who's slandering Brown? He’s an asset, just like any other, and if Danny thinks he can move him for a better asset he’ll do it. What’s the big deal?

The value of that asset seems to be up for debate But there is a reason Danny included the BKN pick instead of Jaylen for Kyrie

Marcus Smart has one of the best plus/ minus In the NBA. Yet all the Celtics fans crush him.

Plus/minus is the worst stat in the NBA Yet Celtics fan still use it to support a bad player!

Can we get an update on Gordon? He’s good to walk out to the corner 3 spot and just shoot, right?

Can we for one game just one game not run a three guard line up And win big?

CBS needs to go see a hypnotist And have it programmed out of his brain

Losing both Haymaker and Mook was not in the game plan. Not a lot Brad can do about that. And no, Mr Ainge should not make a panic move to appease fans who expect to win very game in an 82-game season

The Celtics have told the league that they don't have a killer instinct. No team will ever wilt or fold against them. CBS insists small ball is best and zero rebounding.

Rip me, ashamed to be a Celtic fan now.

Tired of 3 guard lineups. Especially when they feature Rozier,

Great D by Smart. Wow!!!

Kyrie, u are cold... Try passing.

Celtics look like 48 year old guys at the YMCA on offense.

That's game. Celtics are garbage at keep leads.

Someone tell Kyrie there are 4 other players on his team

IND runs offense and gets their star an open 3 Kyrie runs ISO and takes a contested 3 and misses. Enough of CLE Kyrie, run offense.

Our worst 4th quarter of the season. We deserve the loss.

5 terrible possessions in a row, while Indy plays team ball. What a terrible loss.

We'll never be considered an elite team unless we learn how to take care of big leads.

The Celtics should have traded for Paul George, just so the Pacers didn't get Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis.

Kyrie hero ball lost this game

Rozier sucks. 

He needs to go, Larkin and Smart as backup wings.

They deserve to lose this game and this one is on CBS Another game another three guard line up

I don’t think Brad Stevens is doing his best job in managing players and minutes

Its like a slow motion car crash you just can't look away from

They totally deserved to lose this game And I hope Brad Stevens take the time to review this game and his whack rotations

Why is Rozier inbounding the ball? Failure.

Danny never should have traded G-Wall.

Well done Kyrie. Real smart **** shot there you idiot

Oladipo clearly better than Irving tonight.

So that Rozier inbounds (moronic play of the year nominee) was game.

Maybe Crowder, olynyk, Thomas Really are better than the guys they have now. Maybe, we’ll see at end of season.

You can't be serious, we're 25-8 if we lose

No Heart Too much hero ball and lack of effort! Glad they are going to lose they deserve it. Stevens better figure this out soon because this team is on the way down. Only lead the Atlantic by 3 games.

Up by more than 17 points Time to make it interesting by playing undersized when length was supposed to be the main advantage

Who needs length when you have SHANE LARKIN and TERRY ROZIER and MARCUS SMART

Oladipo better than Kyrie

Everyone is trashing Rozier for being dumb but golden boy Brown is right up there too. He has no bbiq.

Must be nice having their 62% free throw shooter hit both shots well while our 60% shooter misses four out of five shots.

This team is trash. Every loss is worse than the previous one (which we claim to be the worse) True condenders don't pull this crap on a nightly basis

I know people will always blame the players but a huge part of all the losses recently fall on Brad Stevens and his weird line ups.

A loss is a loss, doesn't matter how it happens....but Irving is crazy, lol And remember, bad fouls called, no Hayward, no backup/Starting PF, and Rozier playing......odds have been stacked against.

Won't be surprised if this team is a bottom seed by the end of the season. Defense is non existent and Brad's coaching has left lot to be desired.

Well, if there was any chance of winning left, Jaylen just slammed that door shut. Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Icon_lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.zVkcSKjl0D

Go sit Brown you suck

Celtics still have something stupid left to do. Wait for it

This one is on Kyrie

Well deserved loss.

So much negativity Remember this is only a game and it is a process for this team to learn not the end of the world. They are not targeting Banner 18 this year and its clearly evident when Ainge only left 4 players from last year.

Not over yet. Two huge shots by Kyrie.

There is Kyrie hero working out.

Too little too late though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAd it in the bag The whole way Shades of Gerald Henderson 1984

Honestly, we didn’t deserve this one, but psyched that we stole it!

Rozier is trash, he needs to get off the team

Let's diss some of our best defenders this whole game

OMFG OMFG OMFG Soooo… would anyone like to change their tune?

We stole that one

Hahahaha. Pats yesterday. Celtics today. Enjoy the early Christmas gifts fellas!

Rozey saves the day!!!!

Did ROZE just hit a buzzer beater?

How on earth did that just happen

Pacers outchoking us!

Ye of little faith

Wow, what a play by Rozier.  Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Icon_lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.zVkcSKjl0D Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Icon_lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.zVkcSKjl0D  Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Icon_lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.zVkcSKjl0D Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Icon_lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.zVkcSKjl0D  Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Icon_lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.zVkcSKjl0D Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Icon_lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.zVkcSKjl0D  48 minutes tho, right?Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Nod.gif.pagespeed.ce.MzHdavJaFf

This team needs some rest, its been a huge work load so far. Back end of the season will benefit from it though...and we are still banking wins.

Lol, I still don't like Rozier

Or the way the Celtics played at the end. Okay I will stop criticizing Rozier for few days.

Wow that is the strangest ending to a game I’ve ever seen, love it!

ROOOOOOOOOOOZE!!!!!!! I knew it all along...lma

Be honest, how many people thought Rozier was going to miss the layup. LOL!!!!

Poetic justice. Frack those officials who were simply terrible for 48 minutes. I hope at least one of them lost a huge bet on the game.

I could spend hours reposting the hot takes from this thread

Satisfying just to beat the refs

Tommy first thoughts are about the officials. Who would have thought?

All is forgiven

Cs 10 points in last 27 seconds!!!!!!

Abby Chin (to TRoz): "You're the first team this year to be down 5 with 30 sec left and win...how's it feel?"
Like VICTORY!!!

Shhht load of bad calls, too. There's no defying its effect on the game if we're talking context. That effects how aggressively you defend, which takes away a key element to how they win games. 

"WTF why is Tito Roz there?" Look a steal and a dunk.Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) 1f604

Took a page out of the Pats playbook. Let’s call the Cs the Stealers.

This team may have some glaring flaws But I’ll excuse it just for that sequence. ROZIER BABY!

Stole that one      Love that Brad plays them hard to the end

I take back all my negative comments about Rozier. (at least until the next game)

Terry Rozier being special. Even when he’s not playing his best, he does something incredible.

Tommy…….pissed off after a win.

He is literally at all times complaining about refs. Its annoying.

Hey now It isn’t Tommy without blasting the refs, embrace it haha

Rozier is horrible, Rozier is no good, Rozier just tries to copy KyriOHH HOLY CRAP ROZIER IS AMAZING

Dare I say Rozier just Marcus Smart’d everyone?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Empty Re: Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS)

Post by dboss Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:27 pm

Bob

Thanks for posting this. While our game on thread has it's ups and downs it is in no way remotely similar to what I am reading here.

I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of our board members.

This game was an absolute roller coaster that took our emotions all the way down and then back up to the finish line. As improbable as the outcome was it serves to remind us that we should never count this team out. Every player has their ups and downs during the game. A guy looks like a goat one minute and a second later he may become a hero. The team looks crappy over a stretch and then gets it all together and plays outstanding basketball when it needs to.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS) Empty Re: Comments from OUR Side - Pacers, Away (CELTICS FANS COMMENTS)

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Most Boston sports fans are CLUELESS when it comes to Basketball and the Celtics.  Almost any NBCSN thread on FB or Twitter is full of idiots who have no idea what they are talking about.

I remember a thread years ago out here - I will try and dig it up. That I wrote that basically explained that unless they are winning or on the rise (Bird years and couple of years around KG and Ray being here), the Celtics are the 4th most popular team in Boston and the average sports fan is completely ignorant of the nuance in the game.

This is both rooted in the racist history of the city and the fact that this is not a HS and College basketball hotbed - so most casual sports fans were never any good at basketball. Embarrassed, but not surprise at all with what I read above.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:05 pm

The only person worth reading at Celtics Blog is rollie mass, imho.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down