guess who's playing 26 min/G in the G league

+4
bobheckler
Phil Pressey
cowens/oldschool
kdp59
8 posters

Go down

guess who's playing 26 min/G in the G league Empty guess who's playing 26 min/G in the G league

Post by kdp59 Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:07 am

and not on a two way contract.

http://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/#!/2570/stats/

now that's a man for the 15th roster spot!

Merry Christmas Cowens

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

guess who's playing 26 min/G in the G league Empty Re: guess who's playing 26 min/G in the G league

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:51 am

Agreed, he’s keeping himself in game shape, if your team is getting pounded on in the paint, you bring him in to pound the biggest post player mofo....he could still help a team.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

guess who's playing 26 min/G in the G league Empty Re: guess who's playing 26 min/G in the G league

Post by Phil Pressey Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:09 am

Horford seems fragile for stamina. He has seemed at his best when Baynes has played more and handled the bruising roles for bigs.

Please bring back Perk! Perk and Rondo?

God bless Nader, Semi, Yabs and Larkin, but if that's the end of the rotation, Baynes/Theis are a bit weak to reinforce the bigs situation and Morris is damaged goods, this season is close to over for dreaming #18. And that would be a shame considering the big win streak and Horford is 31 approaching basketball's dinosaur clock.

The C's need three players, imho. One could be Morris, but it might not be. Perhaps Semi becomes good enough by the end of the year. Yeah, I think Danny needs to make a couple clever additions, like he did with PJ Brown and Posey. It's easier said than done. Maybe Perk could be part of the solution. Noel might be too tough to resign.

Some wins might help. 4-5 over nine games isn't the sky falling, but there are now some serious storm clouds forming.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:46 am

We're down Hayward and Morris is looking increasingly problematic health-wise.  We need a veteran wing shooter to come off the bench which is offensively-challenged.

I thought Nader looked pretty good vs the Knicks, considering he has played a grand total of 113 minutes so far this year, and he is definitely a scorer.  The problem, with Nader, is his learning curve (and the refs' learning curve with him).  I'd give him more minutes and see if he is up to it.  If he is, then go for a big.  If he isn't we need some lightning in a bottle, like Gerald Green.  We aren't going anywhere if we cannot get points off our bench.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:04 pm

i agree Bob. Give this guy a real shot, he was not MVP of the G (or D) league for nothing.  Time to give him the time on the court and see if he can find his stroke. We need a scorer, there is no doubt about that. Years ago, when I realized he was available, I was hoping that the Celtics would go after Lou Williams. Now I think he makes too much money. But that is the kind of guy we need, someone to come in when called on, heat up, and score some big baskets. Time for Nader to get his shot. I know he is not as good defensively but who knows what could happen if he is given a real try

Last edited by RosalieTCeltics on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm

I'd like to see Jabari Bird, too...

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:13 pm

There might have been a reason why Brad put Allen in at the end of the game to play defense. I do not know what his stats are, but he left him in for the short time left in the game.

Bird scored well in the one game I remember him playing it, (but I can't remember if it was pre season or regular season.) My guess is it was pre season
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Any truth to the rumor Cowens called the Celtics admin office and offered to pay Perks airfare to Boston if they can pick him up?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:59 am

Perk at 8-10 minutes of his dirty work could do wonders for this team....take that Drummond and Whiteside. Crowd would go nuts!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:51 am

If Danny hasn't done it by now, he will never do it. Sorry Cow, Perk is not destined for Boston again. I said the same thing about Sully, but that won't happen either
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:32 pm

I think the Celts can do better than just settling for Perk.

The Celts still have that DPE of 8.4m from Hayward's injury.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Actually a young big with upside that I like is Alex Len of the Suns, wouldn’t demand a ransom, a good serviceable role player type, everytime I see him in the box score whenever he gets minutes he always gets 8-10 boards and a few blocks, has length and still very young.....maybe we can trade some junk/assets for him? Has more length than Baynes, actually he and Baynes playing about 18-20 minutes each at the 5 with Al splitting time between 4-5 would work really well IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down