time to right this mid season slump...NOW

4 posters

Go down

time to right this mid season slump...NOW Empty time to right this mid season slump...NOW

Post by kdp59 Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 am

Very Happy
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

time to right this mid season slump...NOW Empty Re: time to right this mid season slump...NOW

Post by sinus007 Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:27 am

Kdp,
Very Happy  is excellent solution! How about
Basketball Basketball Basketball

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

time to right this mid season slump...NOW Empty Re: time to right this mid season slump...NOW

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 am

The young guys have to play well, Kyrie can’t do it all by himself.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Cow I think the whole team needs to play well including Kyrie.

I am just as concerned about the veterans as I am the young players.

I would include our vets as Kyrie, Horford, Morris and Smart.  Consider that Kyrie is averaging 27 points in 4 of the 5 games that he has played. He missed one game.  Horfords's numbers are down over 4 games as he also missed a game.  He has averaged 12.5 and 6.3 boards.

Morris has increased his scoring average to 13 PPG with 6 boards but he shot a dreadful 30% from deep on 4 attempts per game.

And then there is Marcus Smart.  Over the past 5 games he is averaging 9.4 PPG with only 2.8 assists an 2.8 rebounds and of course his horrid shooting from deep was 25% on 4 attempts per game.

Baynes does not get to play much so no fault can rest on his shoulders.  Jaylen and Terry have been shooting poorly from deep and Jason is  missing from 2pt and the line but was still above 40% from deep.

It seems clear to me that our veterans other than Kyrie are not carrying their load either over the past 5 games which has resulted in 3 losses.

The entire team is in a funk.  

The Lakers are going to be in the game tonight because they do something much better than we do.  They remain 2nd in the league with 17.1 fast break points per game and the Celtics are 22nd in the league with only 9.7 fast break PPG.

The Celtics have pretty much been a low scoring team all year long.  That trend is very likely to continue unless they add something to the mix.  Consider that Boston is not able to add another scorer and they have to roll with what they got.  How about helping the offense but getting more fast break points???

I do not think it will happen because Brad Stevens, as great a coach as he is, does not fully understand how to maximize the speed, youth and athleticism on this team.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:34 am

never mind
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down