I need your opinion on this theme..In 3 years after this season,who is going to be better Antetokoumpo or Jason Tatum?

+9
beat
k_j_88
gyso
NYCelt
wideclyde
swish
sinus007
KyleCleric
international
13 posters

Go down

I need your opinion on this theme..In 3 years after this season,who is going to be better Antetokoumpo or Jason Tatum? Empty I need your opinion on this theme..In 3 years after this season,who is going to be better Antetokoumpo or Jason Tatum?

Post by international Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Lets make a projection to the time Tatum is going to be mature Physicaly and mentally with a completely developed body,maybe 6-10 or 6-11 and with a lot of playoff experience.I heard some stupids in a conversation saying that Tatum will never be close to Giannis as a player.I have my opinion but I want to know yours.

international

Back to top Go down

I need your opinion on this theme..In 3 years after this season,who is going to be better Antetokoumpo or Jason Tatum? Empty Re: I need your opinion on this theme..In 3 years after this season,who is going to be better Antetokoumpo or Jason Tatum?

Post by KyleCleric Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Giannis is a heck of a player right now. Tatum is already a good player, solid individual defender and a better shooter. He has the skills to be the better scorer, especially if Giannis doesn't improve his shot. Tatum is in good position to eventually reach his full potential, smart, hard working, great coaching, talented and experienced teammates. His full potential as a scorer has decent chance to be reached and could be amongst the NBAs most elite ever. Giannis is getting there already.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

I need your opinion on this theme..In 3 years after this season,who is going to be better Antetokoumpo or Jason Tatum? Empty Re: I need your opinion on this theme..In 3 years after this season,who is going to be better Antetokoumpo or Jason Tatum?

Post by sinus007 Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi,
I don't know and don't want to predict who is better in 3 years.
Just wanted to mention a point to consider comparing GA and JT: the systems they are being developed. I don't know who'll be at the Bucks' helm but until now JT had distinct advantage.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:00 pm

I used the projection of 3 years because its unfair to compare a 19 years old kid with a 23 years old with 5 years of experience.I would like to see a full grown Tatum and with some experience.To see him taking 18 plus shots,playing over 38 minutes per game and with the respect of the referees.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Right now it probably depends on whether your a Celtic fan or root for the Bucks.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:42 pm

I would like to think that Tatum will be better in three years, but even if he is as good we will still have a very, very good player.

As was mentioned, there are several factors that could easily be significant parts to each of these young players improvement and development. But, if Coach Stevens is still in Boston for these three years (and, I hope much longer) we can just about be guaranteed that barring significant injury that Tatum will be an exceptional NBA player.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:14 pm

International,

I hope conditions have been improving down there.

I'm not certain that there is a good way to compare the two. Really two different types of ball player. I think Giannis will always be much more physical, while Tatum's game is as much about finesse.

Both are going to be forces in the league for a long time, in my opinion. Swish might have made the statement that best describes it, above.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:22 pm

International,

I cannot compare them because I don't care to make projections out that far. I will say that I wish that they were both Celtics.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Tatum at 22 still won't be his ceiling. Giannis will be just entering his prime at 26.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:28 pm

Too many variables such ac teammates and coaching styles.

The freak is just that.  Almost unguardable.

I I’ll just say this looking thru my Celtic green glasses I’m glad we have who we have.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:41 pm

International,

Giannis will be better, imo.  Tatum will be very good, even great, but The Freak is incomparable.  His outside shooting is his weakness but 3 years from now maybe not, and he'll still able to do everything else.  I'm not sure Tatum will ever be a point forward and run an offense but Giannis already is a 7'0" point forward.  Giannis will an MVP, maybe even this year.  Will Tatum ever be MVP?  Maybe, but it isn't clearly so.  To me it is clear Giannis will.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tatum, but I don't think there is a tougher matchup in the leagur than Giannis.  He will be even more ridiculous 3 years from now.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Here's a match up statistically of 4 bigs at age 23 in their 5th year - except for Towns who is just 22 and in his in 3rd year.

http://bkref.com/tiny/B5HFJ

swish

And here's a look at stats (non centers) for Tatum and other 19 year old rookies dating back to 2000. Great start for Tatum.

http://bkref.com/tiny/LHIL3

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22 pm

I am going with Tatum.  Tatum has a full set of skills.  The freak is a poor 3 point shooter.  His incredible length is unmatched.

In his second year he played 31 mpg averaging 12.7 ppg and 6.7 rebounds.  Tatum has similar number as a rookie.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 am

swish wrote:Here's a match up statistically of 4 bigs at age 23 in their 5th year - except for Towns who is just 22 and in his in 3rd year.

http://bkref.com/tiny/B5HFJ

swish

And here's a look at stats (non centers) for Tatum and other 19 year old rookies dating back to 2000. Great start for Tatum.

http://bkref.com/tiny/LHIL3

swish

On the start for Tatum reflected in those stats:

He's third in FG % and 2p%, while leading everyone in 2P%, 3P%, and TS%. But what's crazy is that, while he's merely sixth in scoring, he's only averaging 10 attempts per game.

The five players with higher PPG rates in their rookie season (that meet swish's search terms) averaged: 17.9, 18.9, 17.1, 14.6 and 13.9 shots per game respectively. Even just getting 4 shots per game more (holding fixed his percentages) would put him in fifth. If he got 9 shots per game more (like Lebron), even if all of them were 2s, he'd be averaging 22.6 points per game, easily occupying the number 1 spot. (I understand full well, of course, that one cannot validly assume that his consistency would remain the same with a heavier workload. But still!).

Then, he's 7th in this group in rebounding, 9th in steels, 6th in blocks, has the 3rd fewest turnovers per game. If this season is any indicator, we have a great player on our hands.

How he stacks up against the Greek Freak? Only time will tell.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am

This is a tough call. These are two different types of players. Tatum, I believe, has so much talent we haven't even seen yet. I think we have seen the tip of the iceberg.
The Greek Freak is a wonderful talent, I love watching him play. But, my vote goes to Tatum....the future is bright for this young man. I cannot wait to watch him grow
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down