Random LeBron Thoughts and BOS v. ORL

4 posters

Go down

Random LeBron Thoughts and BOS v. ORL Empty Random LeBron Thoughts and BOS v. ORL

Post by dbrown4 Sun May 16, 2010 1:43 pm

I found out this week how much of a Celtic junkie I was and am. I was in, of all places this past week, Orlando for a business conference. Stayed at the Mariott. I didn't have access to this forum and was going nuts! I realized how thankful I am to all of you who read and evaluate my rantings. I'm very fortunate indeed to be on this site with like minded people. Forgive me if I appear a little backed up in my delivery. So here goes.

To me, in my humble yet accurate opinion, the MVP, or should I say, MVC, has to be Doc. His in-game adjustments against the best team in the league with all the fouls trouble and to max it the way he did was off the charts. We didn't experience this much foul trouble during the regular season and to pull it off the way he did is why we won. I'm am going to somehow download his time out about winning and doing it together. Holy Crap!! I almost suited up and jumped through the screen!!

As for LeBron, and all of you should know I've been a LeBron downer for quite some time, I want to back down off my perch and say I did see some signs of progress towards a champion and a future championship for him. The after-the-game staying on the court and hugging everyone went a very long way in a series I thought would blow up into fights and suspensions. His post game interview straddled the fence very well, but the "my Team is going to figure out..." pretty much said it all. He wasn't talking about Cleveland, he was talking about his entourage. I really still don't think there is a win-win situation for LeBron except at 2 places and their both way over the salary cap to get him - LAL and BOS. Maybe a distant 3rd in Chicago, but the Rose deal there basically gives you two guys in the same position. LeBron owes the Cavs and the town nothing. He more than delivered. Every team starts the season hoping to win the championship. Only one of thirty get it. Over the past 7 years he has doubled the value of the franchise, not to mention all the around town activities he has never asked a penny for.

Doc said something very interesting in post-game about what he saw in this team at training camp. Said this team was better than '08. WOW!! Paul also spilled the beans about the Celtics which is no different than any other Celtic championship team. We win by committee. You can't shut all above average athletes down at once. No superstars.

BTW, wasn't CLE last year 8-0 going into the ECF against ORL? My bet, ORL is last year's CLE.

KG's post-game advice was priceless to LeBron. Loyalty can get you in trouble sometimes. Brilliant.

This BOS v. ORL will be the series the press finally changes over from CLE winning championship to BOS. We're still underdogs. Doesn't matter. With the first two games in ORL, the very worst we will come out of it is a split. I made a mistake in the last series thinking order of victories was important. As far as the split goes, it won't matter if they win the first or second. I'd like for them to win today as a huge statement, but it's not that important. This was the series two years ago the Celtics figured things out and marched to the championship ending in the LAL 39 point slaughter. Expect even more of the same. ORL may win today's game. They may win by 40. If they do, it will be their last. We just won 3 straight against the best team in the league. Expect more of the same.

Except for Jameer Nelson and KG along with some minor additions and subtractions, teams pretty much the same as last season. I'm sure Sam will attest the Celtics are big on revenge, especially playing with a full deck. Payback's a bitch. ORL says "We play together as a team. We're tight." Ooooh. I'm scared. Their team as about to come completely unraveled. Howard is still Howard and prone to foul trouble. And ORL still lives and dies by the three. Lock down D solves that problem.

BOS response after the series...Not proud of what we accomplished. We're not done.

ORL must be very careful not to get swept.

Celtics in 5.

"My word is official. Let it be written!"
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Random LeBron Thoughts and BOS v. ORL Empty Re: Random LeBron Thoughts and BOS v. ORL

Post by bobheckler Sun May 16, 2010 2:00 pm

dbrown,

"So it is written, so let it be done!". Thanks, Pharaoh. LOL

One of the advantages Boston has that very, very few teams in the league have is a center that can play Howard straight up man-to-man. Perk's not 100%, so this could be an issue, but if you don't double Howard, then you don't have to cheat as much on defense and open up their shooters. Vince and Lewis can and have hit big shots with hands in their faces, but that's not the best way to go. The best way is wide-open with their defender running back at them.

I'm thinking one of the keys to this series is Perk. If he plays well (we know he'll play hard) then Howard's effectiveness will drop and that means more shooting. I don't care how good they are, I'd rather take my chances with a contested 3 than with a Howard dunk (or better yet, 2 Howard fts).

Expect to see Perk and Rasheed and Davis rack up a ton of fouls on Howard.

bob
P.S. I don't like making predictions on series like some are doing, but I agree with NYCE, I just can't see either team in 5. We're both too good and too hungry.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Random LeBron Thoughts and BOS v. ORL Empty Re: Random LeBron Thoughts and BOS v. ORL

Post by dbrown4 Sun May 16, 2010 2:06 pm

I really am ashamed to say where that quote came from and am glad none of you have watched the same TV series and remember the quote.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 16, 2010 2:10 pm

"Glee"

Doncha just hate the internet sometimes?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun May 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Dboss

I thought the quote came fron the movie The 10 Comandments. Yul Brenner as Pharaoh said it I'm sure. Here it is

http://www.filmsite.org/tenc.html

Heck you say 5 I say we win today we sweep. I just think we are that much better period!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun May 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Don't know about a sweep but the C's are in ORL head now and it matters not where the C's play. They will win by execution or lose by lack of same. This team could go into LA for a game 7 and take the Lakers heads off, if they make LA play their game...much like 69. IMHO this team has no home court..and every court can be their home court. GO CELTICS!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Bobh, you suck! JK. My wife and I have a classical music background/upbringing. The final set from that show where that quote came from (Don't rain on my parade, Barbara Streisand originally) was show stopping. That show is excellent from a singing talent/performance perspective.

And what, might you ask, does this have to do with Celtic basketball? Absolutely nothing!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 17, 2010 1:45 pm

beat wrote:Dboss

I thought the quote came fron the movie The 10 Comandments. Yul Brenner as Pharaoh said it I'm sure. Here it is

http://www.filmsite.org/tenc.html

Heck you say 5 I say we win today we sweep. I just think we are that much better period!

beat

beat,

That was "so it is written, so let it be done". A little different from what dbrown said.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down