Will Danny Trade Rozier this off-season?

5 posters

Go down

Will Danny Trade Rozier this off-season? Empty Will Danny Trade Rozier this off-season?

Post by kdp59 Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:07 am

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/4/8/17178104/why-the-boston-celtics-will-sell-high-on-terry-rozier-marcus-smart?src=rss

Makes sense to me, except for the part about about Horford being resigned after his current deal expires. I can see him re-signing but not for big money at 34YO.

But IF I am moving Rozier, its on draft day and I am pairing him with our own pick and one of picks Danny has stashed from next year and I am moving up into the top 5 ( if my guys is there at that pick).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Will Danny Trade Rozier this off-season? Empty Re: Will Danny Trade Rozier this off-season?

Post by dboss Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:37 pm

If we move into top 5 I assume we are looking for a starting center.  No one is going to give up the opportunity to draft Ayton.  So who would you want.

Is the non offensive player Bamba worth Terry and draft picks?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Will Danny Trade Rozier this off-season? Empty Re: Will Danny Trade Rozier this off-season?

Post by kdp59 Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Bamba or Jackson for me in the top 5-6.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 pm

This is a very difficult and confusing question, and will certainly be debated a million times before the draft in late June.

If Rozier has a good playoff run, he will be even more attractive than he is right now which would mean that he is likely to be able to land a contract in the summer of 2019 that could be more than the Cs will be able to pay. In such a situation it may be better to trade him before the draft to maximize his trade value.

If his playoff performance is only just OK it may be better to keep him for another season and then deal with either trading him at the next trade deadline or trying to resign him in 2019 as a restricted free agent.

He has certainly improved tremendously in his three years in Boston under the guidance of the Cs coaching staff. Trading him will be tough, but keeping him may just not work out financially.

I am sure that Ainge will listen to any team that calls him about Rozier just like he probably will listen on any of his team as it is his job to continue to improve the team.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:22 pm

wideclyde wrote:This is a very difficult and confusing question, and will certainly be debated a million times before the draft in late June.

If Rozier has a good playoff run, he will be even more attractive than he is right now which would mean that he is likely to be able to land a contract in the summer of 2019 that could be more than the Cs will be able to pay. In such a situation it may be better to trade him before the draft to maximize his trade value.

If his playoff performance is only just OK it may be better to keep him for another season and then deal with either trading him at the next trade deadline or trying to resign him in 2019 as a restricted free agent.

He has certainly improved tremendously in his three years in Boston under the guidance of the Cs coaching staff.  Trading him will be tough, but keeping him may just not work out financially.  

I am sure that Ainge will listen to any team that calls him about Rozier just like he probably will listen on any of his team as it is his job to continue to improve the team.
Terry will not be a free agent in the summer of 2019.

Why folks are concerned with him still under contract for 2 years is puzzling
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm

I'd be more willing to trade Rozier if Kyrie signs an extension first. Otherwise, he has 2 years of control. Would only trade him for good value.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:04 pm

KyleCleric wrote:I'd be more willing to trade Rozier if Kyrie signs an extension first. Otherwise, he has 2 years of control. Would only trade him for good value.
The year Kyrie can opt out is the same year Terry becomes a free agent.  

I think the more immediate issue for Boston is signing Marcus and making a decision about Baynes and Monroe.  And least we forget Danny has a first round pick.  The draft is heavy with bigs.  There may be an opportunity even at the bottom of the draft to find talent like Jontay Porter for example.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

I think Danny is going to wait and see what the market is like for Terry. If Terry continues to grow, it'll make him more valuable in the event of a trade.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down