Jaylen Brown says Boston Celtics fans' energy in Game 2 was 'insane': 'I think I'll remember that game forever'

Go down

Jaylen Brown says Boston Celtics fans' energy in Game 2 was 'insane': 'I think I'll remember that game forever' Empty Jaylen Brown says Boston Celtics fans' energy in Game 2 was 'insane': 'I think I'll remember that game forever'

Post by bobheckler Fri May 04, 2018 10:43 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/05/jaylen_brown_says_boston_celti.html

Jaylen Brown says Boston Celtics fans' energy in Game 2 was 'insane': 'I think I'll remember that game forever'

Updated 6:41 AM; Posted 4:01 AM

Jaylen Brown's doctors advised him not to play Game 2

By Tom Westerholm

BOSTON -- Early in the second quarter of Game 2 on Thursday, the Philadelphia 76ers had punched the Boston Celtics in the mouth, according to Terry Rozier, and had taken a 22-point lead. The Sixers rallied from an embarrassing Game 1 defeat and looked for all the world like the free-wheeling, 3-point chucking team that ended the regular season hot and blew through the first round against the Miami Heat.

Then Brad Stevens inserted Greg Monroe into the lineup to give the Celtics a better look. Something changed.

"We were real stagnant on offense," Marcus Smart said. "Not moving the ball. He came in and got the flow of the game going for us. It picked up."

Monroe certainly made a difference, but he and the Celtics got a big boost from the fans. The Celtics have thrived at home during the postseason, and its not hard to pick out why.

Watch the Celtics start flying up and down the court in this clip, and listen to the fans getting progressively louder and louder.

In the arena, the atmosphere grew gradually more and more deafening as the Celtics drew closer and closer. Every time it sounded like Celtics fans couldn't possibly get any louder, they did.

Jaylen Brown, who capped off the rally with an alley-oop dunk that nearly detonated the building, called that stretch one of the most memorable in his time in Boston.

"Man, I've never seen TD Garden like it was tonight," Brown said. "I think I'll remember that game forever. The way the crowd got behind us before the half. That last five minutes, man. The energy was insane. I don't think I'll ever forget that. Like that was the moment to definitely remember. Game 2, Philadelphia, 2018. For sure."

"It was loud throughout the whole game," Smart added. "I'm yelling out calls to Marcus Morris and the guys, and they're telling me they can't even hear me, and I'm screaming at the top of my lungs. So that just shows you the atmosphere and this crowd."

Prior to Game 1, the Celtics played Joel Embiid's comments from after Game 1. The Sixers bi man told reporters Celtics fans were "okay," and that Philadelphia fans were louder.

Sure enough, that didn't play well with Celtics fans, who booed Embiid. Smart was asked about it after the game.

"Oh man, that's all for show," Smart said. "Everybody in this world knows about Boston Celtics fans. If not the best, one of the best in the world, in this league. What's understood doesn't need to be said. Let the crowd speak for itself."

Are Celtics fans better than Sixers fans?

"Definitely," Smart said. "Definitely."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down