Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now

+2
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Empty Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now

Post by bobheckler Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 pm

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/comparing-fan-tweets-celtics-drafted-terry-rozier-now/

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now

Posted on May 13, 2018 by Fred Segal - OKTC

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.51.09-PM

To the surprise of many, the Boston Celtics are still playing in the NBA postseason. Despite stars Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving suffering season-ending injuries, Brad Stevens’ young squad beat the Bucks in seven games, then took out the favored Sixers in five.  One of the main contributors to the Celtics success: guard Terry Rozier.

“Scary Terry” has become a Celtics fan favorite during the playoffs. However, it wasn’t always that way. When Celtics general manager Danny Ainge drafted Rozier out of the University of Louisville with the 16th pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the choice was panned by most experts and fans. The criticism was not necessarily unreasonable, as the Celtics already had two young point guards on the roster, and most experts believed that Rozier would have been available near the end of the first round.

To get a feel for the Celtics fans’ anger, check out the replies on this tweet from the official Boston Celtics Twitter account posted right after the team selected Rozier in the draft.

Boston Celtics
✔️
@celtics
With the 16th pick, the @Celtics select Terry Rozier from Louisville. #CelticsDraft

6:25 PM - Jun 25, 2015
1,729 people are talking about this

It’s safe to say that these Celtics fans are no longer upset about the pick.  Just for fun, let’s take a look at a few Celtic fans’ reply tweets from the 2015 draft night compared with tweets from the same fans during the past three weeks.

Check out Kevin, who, after the Rozier selection, implored the Celtics to “learn. to. draft.”

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-13-at-10.56.08-AM

Now, Kyrie is screwed because Rozier is on the team!

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-13-at-10.56.41-AM

Kevin is having the time of his life!

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-13-at-10.56.18-AM

Some more expressions of excitement from Kevin…

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-13-at-10.56.56-AM

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-13-at-10.56.27-AM

Ryan questioned Ainge’s sobriety after Danny picked Scary Terry.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-5.54.59-PM

Now? Ryan was happy to join other Celts fans in clowning Bucks guard Eric Bledsoe for his silly comments about Rozier during Milwaukee’s first round playoff series against Boston.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-5.55.56-PM

Some retweets…

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-5.55.42-PM

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-5.55.22-PM

Here’s Jay during the 2015 draft, who, like many, wondered why Ainge went for another guard.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-6.01.57-PM

But these days, he is joining in on the Eric Bledsoe shade party.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-6.02.32-PM

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-6.02.20-PM

Of course, he loves the Scary Terry T-Shirt produced by Barstool Sports.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-6.02.10-PM

In 2015, Nathaniel clearly wanted Ainge to pick University of Arkansas forward Bobby Portis

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-10.47.18-PM

Now, Nate loves Scary Terry.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-10.47.59-PM

Some retweets…

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-10.47.32-PM

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-10.48.25-PM

Awesome!

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-10.48.39-PM

Three years ago, this guy was quick to express his anger with the Celtics and Rozier.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.24.57-PM

But these days, he’s glowing.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.25.51-PM

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-13-at-10.35.07-AM

Here’s a fun exchange from a few weeks ago.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.25.29-PM

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.25.29-PM

Back in 2015, Celtics fan Jose was not pleased with the Rozier choice, as he wanted University of Arizona forward Ronde Hollis-Jefferson.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.30.02-PM

I’m guessing he’s now happy Ainge went with Rozier.

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.30.32-PM

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.30.21-PM

LETS F’N GOOOOOOOO:

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.30.11-PM

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-11.30.45-PM

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Empty Re: Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 13, 2018 12:47 pm

These 3 days off are going to be really good for him, I’m expecting a big series from him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now Empty Re: Comparing Fan Tweets from When The Celtics Drafted Terry Rozier To Now

Post by gyso Sun May 13, 2018 9:30 pm

I was expecting a bunch of random tweets, against the pick then and for Terry now. It was a nice surprise to see tweets from the same people then and now.

It goes to show that now with the one and done college players, even the "experts" haven't a clue how these players will actually perform in the NBA.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun May 13, 2018 9:44 pm

I remember being pleased with the pick when we discussed it here. I think several board members were.

He looked good coming out of school, and you new he was going to have a future in the NBA, but what he's done lately is beyond expectation.

Rozier is going to cause a dilemma by adding to a possible guard log-jam. Excellent.

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 13, 2018 10:00 pm

I’d say he’s the 3rd most athletic point guard in the game, after Westbrook and Wall and he is on his way to being a better shooter than both. Our defense is better with him on floor then Kyrie....all good problems to have.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun May 13, 2018 11:30 pm

NYCelt wrote:I remember being pleased with the pick when we discussed it here. I think several board members were.

He looked good coming out of school, and you new he was going to have a future in the NBA, but what he's done lately is beyond expectation.

Rozier is going to cause a dilemma by adding to a possible guard log-jam. Excellent.

NY,

I just went back and read the 2015 Draft thread.  Rambone came in first (and strong) with being pleased about the Rozier pick and you came in later, also pleased.  Worcester finally agreed.  Bob Heckler got into the sake, it must have been Thursday.  

A couple guys were going on and on about the team making the playoffs and falling out of the lottery. It made me laugh.  Someone wanted to trade Smart for Noel (after the Rozier pick).  We picked BobC's avatar at 28.  You said he was too thin for the NBA (true, it seems).

We took Jordan Mickey at 33.  He just was released and is a free agent.  Any takers?  There was lots of anger towards Danny Ainge that night.

And then there was Sam.  Damn, I miss him.  Sam thought Rozier was Avery Bradley part II.  Sam didn't like Avery Bradley part I.  He didn't like short combo guards who couldn't play the one position.  I think he would be pleased as to how Rozier turned out, but I can imagine Sam telling us that Rozier is NOT a point guard! (LOL).

Anyway, it was a fun trip to yesteryear.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun May 13, 2018 11:38 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I’d say he’s the 3rd most athletic point guard in the game, after Westbrook and Wall and he is on his way to being a better shooter than both. Our defense is better with him on floor then Kyrie....all good problems to have.

That is pretty much what Rambone said about Rozier on the 2015 Draft thread. Athletic, Westbrook-like skills, good shooter, good quick defender. Rambone got it right with Rozier.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon May 14, 2018 7:03 am

I remember having questions about his 3 point shooting.  Same thing with Jaylen and Jayson.

All 3 have proved that college 3 point shooting may not be a barometer for how a player will shoot in the pros.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 14, 2018 11:24 am

dboss wrote:I remember having questions about his 3 point shooting.  Same thing with Jaylen and Jayson.

All 3 have proved that college 3 point shooting may not be a barometer for how a player will shoot in the pros.

Wall, Westbrook, Rondo, Kidd Gilhurst, etc still a lot that never get that 3 ball

We are blessed

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon May 14, 2018 11:34 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
dboss wrote:I remember having questions about his 3 point shooting.  Same thing with Jaylen and Jayson.

Wall, Westbrook, Rondo, Kidd Gilhurst, etc still a lot that never get that 3 ball

We are blessed

They get it. They just can't shoot it.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down