gyso
kdp59
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
wideclyde
steve3344
10 posters

Go down

After investigation Philly dumps Colangelo Empty After investigation Philly dumps Colangelo

Post by steve3344 Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Mindblowing lapse in judgment by team's president.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/ny-sports-sixers-colangelo-20180607-story.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

After investigation Philly dumps Colangelo Empty Re: After investigation Philly dumps Colangelo

Post by wideclyde Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:41 pm

What a stupid way to lose your job and your complete basketball credibility.

As my high school basketball coach used to tell us all the time, "when you act stupidly, you well deserve to pay for your actions".

The 'ers had no other choice but to fire Colangelo and begin a search for a new GM.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

After investigation Philly dumps Colangelo Empty Re: After investigation Philly dumps Colangelo

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 4 hours ago
The NBA never lets us down, but it will be tough to top a GM getting fired because his wife created a burner account to defend him against the size of his shirt collars.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:12 pm

He should be fired for passing on Jayson Tatum.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:53 am

stupid, stupid, stupid!!

Lets see if anyone connected to LeBron moves into the GM position there now.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 am

kdp59 wrote:Lets see if anyone connected to LeBron moves into the GM position there now.

That would be an interesting development.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Trust the process.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Rumors....Mike Zarren is top candidate. I would hate that move he has been around the Celtics, a great guy.
I guess you have to wish him good luck, but, I hope not
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:13 pm

kdp59 wrote:stupid, stupid, stupid!!

Lets see if anyone connected to LeBron moves into the GM position there now.

I wont mention any names. Just initials. DAVID GRIFFIN!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:18 pm

I really do not think it matters who is hired as the next GM.

The Cavs are about to be swept by GSW making them 3-1 in championship play.  The Cavs are an awful mess cap wise and the midterm overall made that even worse.  They may get a good rookie but there is not enough there to win.  Lebron is not hanging around during a rebuild.

The discussed destinations all present issues.

If he goes to Philly they will marginalize Simmons.  And what about their oother #1 pick Fultz.

If he goes to LAL he ain't going there unless they are adding another stud like Paul  George and even then Ball is the starting PG and Lebron likes to pound the ball and make all of the decisions

If he goes to Houston it may end up just like OKC with Harden pounding the ball more than anyone.

If the Devil played a trick on us and he ended up in Boston, Kyrie may not want to stay .
There are no easy choices among those four teams.  

I think he choses Philly over LAL because even if you added Paul, the Lakers still do not have enough talent.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:32 pm

I personally think if, God forbid, he ended up in Boston, Kyrie is gone, gone, gone.

Did you read that article from the NY Post, Chris Mannix the author of it, saying that the Celtics are "scared" Kyrie will not resign and go to NY??? Mannix knows the Celtics better than this, "Scared?" Come on Chris. Write something of substance please. One thing I have learned over the years, is Danny is afraid of nothing. What a stupid way to write an article. Is he that hard up for something to write with the boring finals we are being subjected to?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down