NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick

+4
sinus007
gyso
NYCelt
8 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick Empty NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick

Post by 112288 Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:34 am

NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick

NESN by Mike Cole on Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 7:37AM

The Boston Celtics owned high draft picks in each of the last two seasons, and it sounds like they’re trying to make it three years in a row. The Celtics are interested in trading up into the top four picks ahead of Thursday night’s draft, according to multiple reports. ESPN.com reported early Thursday morning that the Memphis Grizzlies were interested in trading the No. 4 overall pick, and the report identified the Celtics as a potential trading partner. The Celtics, along with a handful of other teams, “have shown varying degrees of interest in a deal,” sources told ESPN.com.

The Athletic’s reported Thursday, citing league sources, the Celtics have inquired about trading up for a top-four pick and could even make a run at the No. 3 pick, currently owned by the Atlanta Hawks. The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor heard something similar, listing the Celtics among the teams exploring trades with the Hawks for the No. 3 pick with hopes of drafting either Luka Doncic or Mo Bamba. One thing to consider about Memphis’ No. 4 pick, though: The Grizzlies, according to multiple reports, want to include Chandler Parsons (and his contract) in any deal, and The Athletic report indicated Boston would like to find a third team in order to facilitate a deal involving Parsons. If Boston truly wants to move up in the draft, it certainly has the assets to make a deal. The Celtics own the 27th pick this season, but they also have the Sacramento Kings’ top-one protected pick next year, as well as the Grizzlies’ top-eight protected pick. NESN’s NBA Draft coverage is presented by Cross Insurance.

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick

Post by NYCelt Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Having to take back Parsons' contract would probably be a deal killer.

I also saw a related article speculating that Boston wanted to keep Brown and Tatum, but especially Tatum. It went on to quote the usual un-named sources as saying a deal for Brown would need to be for a specific named player rather than a draft prospect.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick

Post by gyso Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:27 pm

NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 pm

Chandler Parsons

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parsoch01.html

NBA Rumors: Celtics Interested In Trading Up In Draft To Get Top-Four Pick Screen11

I can see why they want to shed his contract

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi,
What happened to him? He seemed to be a really good player.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:00 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
What happened to him? He seemed to be a really good player.

AK

In back to back years he had season ending knee surgery.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:42 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8p8eo22

Celts could use the #4 pick for a Kawhi trade.

Celts get:

Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get:

Parsons
#4 pick
maybe another pick from the Celts

Memphis get:

Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier
Marcus Morris
Ojeleye
Yabusele
Nader
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:34 pm

fierce wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8p8eo22

Celts get:

Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get:

Parsons
#4 pick

Memphis get:

Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier
Marcus Morris
Ojeleye
Yabusele
Nader

So first we give up a buttload of assets for a pick that we combine to use with another buttload of our assets, leaving us high and dry down the road when, I dunno.. say after the 1 year rental of KL and be has moved onto the Lakers we got nothing left to build with.

Sounds good to me... (if I was any gm in the league not working in boston and hearing D/A just did such a deal)
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Matty wrote:

Celts get:

Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get:

Parsons
#4 pick

Memphis get:

Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier
Marcus Morris
Ojeleye
Yabusele
Nader

So first we give up a buttload of assets for a pick that we combine to use with another buttload of our assets, leaving us high and dry down the road when, I dunno.. say  after the 1 year rental of KL and be has moved onto the Lakers we got nothing left to build with.

Sounds good to me...  (if I was any gm in the league not working in boston and hearing D/A just did such a deal)

Celts will not do the deal if Kawhi doesn't commit to Boston long term.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:34 pm

fierce wrote:
Matty wrote:

Celts get:

Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get:

Parsons
#4 pick

Memphis get:

Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier
Marcus Morris
Ojeleye
Yabusele
Nader

So first we give up a buttload of assets for a pick that we combine to use with another buttload of our assets, leaving us high and dry down the road when, I dunno.. say  after the 1 year rental of KL and be has moved onto the Lakers we got nothing left to build with.

Sounds good to me...  (if I was any gm in the league not working in boston and hearing D/A just did such a deal)

Celts will do the deal . . . never.

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:35 pm

gyso wrote:
fierce wrote:
Matty wrote:

Celts get:

Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get:

Parsons
#4 pick

Memphis get:

Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier
Marcus Morris
Ojeleye
Yabusele
Nader

Celts are fine if they don't do the deal.

But if the opportunity is there, Ainge will do the deal.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:39 pm

It will not be a case of Ainge calling the Spurs.
The Celts are fine without Kawhi.

But if the Spurs call, Ainge will listen.
And if it's a deal that upgrades the Celts, Ainge will do it.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 pm

fierce wrote:
gyso wrote:
fierce wrote:
Matty wrote:

Celts get:

Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get:

Parsons
#4 pick

Memphis get:

Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier
Marcus Morris
Ojeleye
Yabusele
Nader

Celts are fine if they don't do the deal.

But if the opportunity is there, Ainge will do the deal.

Ainge will do the deal if . . .

Kawhi is healthy (he's not),
Kawhi will commit (he won't),
#4 pick hasn't been selected yet (it has),
The Celtics move to Seattle (they won't),
LeBron signs with us for vet min (he won't),
California breaks off and forms an island (it may),
The earth is flat (it may be, undetermined at present),
Volcano in Hawaii erupts enough to connect to the Isle of California (it may)
Puerto Rico becomes the 51st state (it may)
Nova Scotia becomes the 52nd state (it should)

I could go on and on, this is fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 pm

Gyso, thanks for your best post of the year.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down