swedeinestonia
tjmakz
jeb
steve3344
mrkleen09
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Empty TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mrkleen09 Wed May 26, 2010 12:31 am

TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Lamar-odom1

Laughing
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by steve3344 Wed May 26, 2010 12:48 am

Obama's already written off the Suns (and Boston):

President Obama projecting a Lakers win in finals

By The Associated Press 3 hours, 25 minutes ago

President Barack Obama is projecting a Los Angeles Lakers win in the NBA finals.

Obama told TNT in an interview that he’s been surprised by Boston, but believes Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and coach Phil Jackson would be too much for the Celtics.

“I’ve got to go with the Lakers again,” Obama said. “I think Gasol may be the best big man in the league right now. He’s different from Dwight Howard, but he’s (got) unbelievable footwork, speed, savvy, he’s playing magnificently.

“Kobe is the fiercest competitor in the league and they’ve got what I continue to believe is the best coach in the NBA right now in Phil Jackson, so they’re going to be formidable and I think it’ll be a tough series. Boston’s a veteran club, but the Lakers are looking pretty good.”

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed May 26, 2010 12:57 am

first we both have to GET to the finals
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed May 26, 2010 1:14 am

TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Lamar+Odom+and+the+NBA+Championship+trophy+2009

This is a better picture of Lamar.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed May 26, 2010 1:17 am

tj

Didnt see the game. Workin in cali...what happened tonight?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed May 26, 2010 1:40 am

LA struggled with the zone D, the pick and roll and protecting the 3 point line. Phoenix bench had tremendous energy and were hitting 3 after 3.
Kobe had a great game. Nobody else even had a good game for LA. They were also killed on the boards and outhustled which led to Phoenix spending a lot of time at the FT line. Bynum's lack of mobility against Lopez and Amare really hurt them. I wouldn't be surprised if Odom starts and Mbenga plays 15+ minutes in game 5 so he can guard Amare. He is their best option on D against Amare. He is quick, strong, taller then Amare and has long arms. Right now, they wouldn't lose much on offense because Bynum is very limited.
Time for adjustments like they had to make against OKC.
They need to slow the pace to a crawl if they can.
The crowd really helped Phoenix.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed May 26, 2010 5:09 am

Pretty much 50% shooting from both teams and that is struggling with their defense? Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 26, 2010 7:03 am

TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Hedy_l10

This is the best picture of anyone named Lamar(r) holding hardware!!

Class, looks, sex appeal and brains. The complete package.

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed May 26, 2010 7:55 am

I watched part of that game last night, Bynum is really slowed by that brace. They showed him putting it on at the start of the 3rd, what a monster of a brace.

I don't know if anyone saw this, but at one point in the 3rd, Amare went to the hoop guarded by Gasol, Bynum cannot move laterally very well, so, all he could really do was reach in to help, foul called. Lakers call a timeout, and Phil was hammering Bynum as he came off the floor. I thought that was pretty low, it looks to me like Bynum is doing the best he can out there, and a lot of players would not even be playing. I just do not have any respect for Phil. No disrespect meant to tj, mustang or bsky.

Pete

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am

Pete,

It wasn't that Phil was expecting Bynum to do something that he was physically unable to do, it was that Bynum was in the wrong position to help on Amare's drives. When Gasol is guarding Amare 17 feet away, you know that Amare is going to put his head down and get to the basket. Even when Gasol forced him inside, Bynum wasn't there. Bynum's defensive positioning was extremely poor.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed May 26, 2010 8:37 am

I wouldn't put much stock in what Obama says. After all he's allowing a Muslim Masque (sp?) to be constructed a mere 600 feet from where the Twin Towers were taken down on 9/11. And guess when the Muslims are dedicating the Masque (sp?)? Sept. 11, 2011: 10 years to the day after the planes struck down both towers. Way to go Hussain!-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed May 26, 2010 9:11 am

tj,

Could be I don't know, but I believe part of it, is when a player is injured, he tends not to be in the correct spots. I think it can be simply based on timing & the ability to adjust, due to lack of mobility.

My observations only. I remember reading Kareem's book about his last season, and he said he knew Bird was hurt when he saw was not in the right places on the floor, at the right time.

Anyway, you know your team better than I, so I will rely on your input. I just felt bad for the kid.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed May 26, 2010 9:47 am

politics have no place in this forum. Nor does religion. Why? Because they make people rude and crazy.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed May 26, 2010 9:48 am

imho
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed May 26, 2010 10:25 am

Jeb,
Agree. On the other hand, I believe that people who can be civil discussing basketball can be civil discussing such topics as religion and politics.

Now back to "Tied up". One funny, kind of, thing. Kobe stated, after the game, that their defense sucked. No sht, Sherlock! How in the world you expect to compete for the title when you allow your opponent average 113 points a game?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 26, 2010 11:46 am

I didn't watch this game, so I can't comment about it directly, but it seems to me that the Lakers have fallen into the same trap the Celtics and a lot of other teams fall into with the Suns and that is they try to run with them. That is what I saw in the earlier games in this series, which I did watch most of.

I think TJ nailed it. The Lakers have to slow it down to a crawl, if they can. Easier said than done. Even then, that crafty little Canadian is the best interior passer on pick-and-rolls since John Stockton.

Their frontline still towers over the Suns, which should give them an efficient offense. All they have to do is force the Suns into halfcourt and contest their 3s.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 26, 2010 11:49 am

sinus007 wrote:Jeb,
Agree. On the other hand, I believe that people who can be civil discussing basketball can be civil discussing such topics as religion and politics.

Now back to "Tied up". One funny, kind of, thing. Kobe stated, after the game, that their defense sucked. No sht, Sherlock! How in the world you expect to compete for the title when you allow your opponent average 113 points a game?

AK

sinus,

Only in a sports forum populated by fanatics (and that would include pretty much all of us) would someone put basketball in the same breath as religion and politics when it comes to uncontrolled passion overriding the social instinct of decorum!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed May 26, 2010 12:03 pm

sinus, what did you expect Kobe to say? Nobody wants to run with Phoenix but they have a great ability to control the tempo from the top of the key to the top of the key. It is easy talking about slowing down Phoenix, but very hard to do so.
San Antonio gave up 109.5 ppg to Phoenix in the last round. In the regular season SA gave up 96.3 ppg and less then 93 ppg in round 1 against Dallas.
Not that I am going to comment at all on Obama's remarks, but as an FYI, he made those comments before game 4.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 26, 2010 12:46 pm

gyso wrote:TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Hedy_l10

LOL....Indeed...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 26, 2010 12:54 pm

gyso wrote:TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! Hedy_l10

Nice. Relaxing with an "after statue" cigarette.

Not too provocative, eh?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Hedy Lamarr must have been a Celtic fan...

"Because you don't live near a bakery doesn't mean you have to go without cheesecake. "

Hedy Lamarr

Hedy Lamarr would have had issues with the media as well...

Experts always know everything but the fine points. When I took my citizenship exams, no one there knew how the White House came to be called the White House.

Hedy Lamarr

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed May 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Experts always know everything but the fine points. When I took my citizenship exams, no one there knew how the White House came to be called the White House.

Hedy Lamarr

Geesh I thought everyone knew that, up until the last couple years only white people lived there........right?.......thats right isn't it?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed May 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Pace is fascinating topic...easily among my basketball favorites. IF the Celtics are fortunate enough to make the finals, I believe they'll have to push the ball on offense while, at the same time, not allow the opponent to make them hurry their offense once they're in their halfcourt set. In the Army, the expression was "Hurry up and wait." I don't mean they should run a slow-down offense. They just need to maximize the shot clock time they have available to run as many halfcourt options as they need and to do a good job of it.

In defending against the uptempo game of the opponent, there are several keys; but I believe the single most important could be not leaving too many long rebounds by getting three-point happy.

In the latter regard, there is some good news. As time has passed, the Celtics have been tending to reduce the number of three-point attempts per game:

2007-08 (regular season) 19.6 three point attempts per game
2007-08 (playoffs) 16.8 three point attempts per game
2008-09 (regular season) 16.5 three point attempts per game
2008-09 (playoffs) 18.6 three point attempts per game
2009-10 (regular season) 17.5 three point attemps per game
2009-10 (playoffs) 15.9 three point attempts per game

This means to me that, at this moment, they're doing their best job in three years of employing the three-pointer strategically and in the flow of the game, rather than depending as much on that shot as a routine part of the offense.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm

beat,

Info regarding the naming of the White House:

http://www.snopes.com/language/colors/whitehouse.asp

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed May 26, 2010 3:44 pm

GYSO

I still like my answer better!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next