swedeinestonia
tjmakz
jeb
steve3344
mrkleen09
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by sinus007 Wed May 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Sam,
I wouldn't draw any conclusions about 3-pt shooting from the stats you presented. Let's take just the playoffs (stabilized roster/rotations vs regular season). In 2008 Celtics had 2 more 3-pt shooters then they have now. Also, now we have KG who averages about 15 shots a game and doesn't shoot 3s, in 2009 he wasn't playing so shooting load shifted to the other 2 starters, PP and RA, who do shoot a lot of 3-pts.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed May 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Sinus,

The statistics are only incidental. I believe they've noticeably changed their three-point strategy. Forget 2008-09 and compare the championship year with this season. And a lot of the difference is that, as Rondo has become more of the team catalyst, they're better able to score more points in the paint.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu May 27, 2010 12:59 am

Sam,
Agree 100% about RR->paint.

Sad night. Magic played better. Hope BBD and 'Quise are OK. I think D12 has to be suspended. One thing when you get away with travel a la LJ or fouls like Kobe, but when you KO players you have to be stopped regardless of super-star status.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 am

sinus007 wrote:Sam,
Agree 100% about RR->paint.

Sad night. Magic played better. Hope BBD and 'Quise are OK. I think D12 has to be suspended. One thing when you get away with travel a la LJ or fouls like Kobe, but when you KO players you have to be stopped regardless of super-star status.

AK

Howard will not be suspended. The elbow to Baby was vicious and unfortunate but not on purpose. The elbow to the back of KG's head last game was not even called a foul at the time since the refs missed it, but after further review yesterday, the league assessed him a deserved Flagrant 1. Not a Flagrant 2 (which would have only ejected him for that game, not any future games). His elbows have been dangerous to anyone in the vicinity but, other than the one to KG, which did get him a belated flagrant, he's done nothing the league can suspend him for. Unfortunately.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu May 27, 2010 3:17 am

dwight needs to meet some celtic elbows to the face. Stat. Meet force with force. He nailed kg and has been swinging high elbows here for a while...time for him to get an elbow. He needs to be fouled HARD. We need to attack him all night in game six.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu May 27, 2010 3:18 am

Is it legal in the nba to elbow players to the head and face? Did they make that legal? We need to run up a black flag.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu May 27, 2010 9:29 am

Impossible to know if there was any intent to the elbow but I do not really know why he would want to bring his elbow down like that if he wants the potential rebound.

There are also quite a bit of situations that occur from Howards help defense. If the offensive player gets fouled by his primary defender then Howard comes flying in and that leads to that

1. Howard becomes mistimed since the player got caught up/slowed down and often ends up on top of players in one way or another
2. he gets no foul for that contact since the foul has already been called.

End up with dangerous situations though. He ended up on top of Rondo (foul on Lewis) and and another one where he pulled down Pierce to the floor (think foul was on gortat).
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu May 27, 2010 9:59 am

time to send an expendable guy in to knock out some teeth. The guy is HURTING people. He could have broken PP's neck. He needs to get met with some serious hurt. Serious hurt.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu May 27, 2010 10:03 am

Hi,
Re: D12. The troubling thing is that it has become a trend: just in the last 2 games he committed 4 flagrant fouls. The refs let it slide and he got spoiled. This must be stopped! I doubt that direct retaliation is the solution, though.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu May 27, 2010 10:07 am

If the Cs just play good hard defense and stays in attack mode I think we will be fine.

The Howard factor will take care of itself then.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu May 27, 2010 4:21 pm

gyso wrote:TIED UP!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Hedy_l10

This is the best picture of anyone named Lamar(r) holding hardware!!

Class, looks, sex appeal and brains. The complete package.

Oh man- I'm a fan of LO and he is a good guy, but I have always loved me some Heddy Lamarr.

What I wouldn't give for a time machine. Oh yes. Love the way she holds that statue also. Girl knew what was going on.

Her autobiography was titled "Ecstasy and Me". Got to love that.

The opening lines from her book:

I am a woman, above everything, let me start by saying that in my life, as in the lives of most women, sex has been an important factor. At times it has worked against me. When I was born, the name George had been all ready.

My first sex memories of men are unpleasant. (Relates tale of man exposing himself to her as she was en route to school)

Me and the telephone company have had a running feud through the years. My bills often hit a thousand dollars a month and then they disconnect my phone, but something always comes up and the arrears are paid. I've been without telephone service for weeks, however.

I'm fifty-one years old, but I'm not through yet. I have lived a full life, and intend packing in quite a lot more.

Every girl would like to marry a rich husband. I did twice. But what divides girls into two groups is this question - do you first think of money and then love, or vice versa?

I'm a sworn enemy of convention. I despite the conventional in anything, even the arts. I paint canvasses on the floor and drove one art teacher out of his mind. But that's just the way I paint best.

I'd rather wear jewels in my hair than anywhere else. The face should have the advantage of this brilliance.

A home should be a man's, not a woman's. And when he is secure about this, he will work to preserve and protect it.

Men are most virile and attractive between the ages of 35 and 55. Under 35 a man has too much to learn, and I don't have time to teach him.

Ahhh, Heddy Lamarr. Nice pull gyso!

We might not be agreeing on much else next week, but we can agree on Heddy. Although LO with his statue looks pretty damn good as well! Razz
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu May 27, 2010 4:35 pm

PS- I forgot the title of the thread was "Tied Up".

"Tied Up" + Heddy Lamarr = ........ I'll let you guys use your imaginations.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Thu May 27, 2010 7:52 pm

"Thats Hedley"! "whats the big deal, its 1870, you can sue her! Very Happy
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2