bigpygme
beat
Sam
10 posters

Go down

Glen Davis Cleared to Play Tonight Empty Glen Davis Cleared to Play Tonight

Post by Sam Fri May 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Today - 2:10 PM ET

Glen Davis has been cleared to play in Friday's Game 6 despite suffering a concussion in Game 5.

They'll also have Kendrick Perkins after his technical foul was rescinded, and we haven't heard that Rasheed Wallace (back) won't play. It sounds like Brian Scalabrine will replace Marquis Daniels (concussion), but all in all, things couldn't have turned out much better for the C's after looking so bleak after Game 5.
Source: CSNNE.com

Good luck, Glen.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Glen Davis Cleared to Play Tonight Empty Re: Glen Davis Cleared to Play Tonight

Post by beat Fri May 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Suns comming out...........and as MD might say not in Phoenix.

Great news on Davis................so the brain scan revealed nothing.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri May 28, 2010 2:40 pm

the paper was seying Davis would be out, so i'm glad for the update and REALLY glad he'll play tonight. thanks, Sam

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri May 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Beat: Hopefully, the brain scan revealed a brain! (LOL)-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri May 28, 2010 2:47 pm

I hope he is really ok for playing and not just good enough. Dont wanna take chances when it comes to the brain.

Scalabrine should be more useful than Marquis either way against Orlando. He can spread the floor.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri May 28, 2010 2:53 pm

I hope he doesn't play, unless the diagnosis the other night was incorrect and he did not have a concussion.

I just don't like taking chances with a guy's brain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri May 28, 2010 3:04 pm

A doctor once told me that every knock on the head results in a concussion. It's the seriousness of the concussion that's important.

After the game, one post-game show I watched kept promising video of "Glen Davis going off" in the locker room. I watched until they went off the air, and they never showed it. That prompted me to think there was a story behind the story—about which I still have no clue.

But, just at the end of another video clip they showed, on a completely different topic, I saw this snippet of Glen yelling, "I'll be back," as the camera swung back and forth and only briefly caught him yelling. And it was abruptly cut off, almost as though an editor had tried to zap it but missed slightly.

I just hope they're being appropriately careful with him. I'm glad both Sheldon and Scal will be in uniform tonight, because something tells me the Celtics may need a lot of big man fouls.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri May 28, 2010 3:53 pm

I heard the same thing Sam, waited and waited until I finally just fell asleep.
There were no reports of any damning interview, I did hear the same thing, Baby saying he would be back for Friday's game.

In general they have been very quiet, letting Doc do most of the talking. I can't imagine that they aren't more than ticked off at what Howard has gotten away with.

Chris Mannix of SI says it is going to be a very "Celtic friendly" officiating crew. What that means, I don't know, but I hope it means that Howard will get slowed down a bit with fouls being called on him. I want to win legit, but
as I said before, I want a level playing field. Let's call it both ways.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri May 28, 2010 4:41 pm

If Howard keeps up with the elbows, one of these days someone from some team will give him a dose of his own medicine, not that I'm advocating that but human nature being what it is...
For now, it would be nice if the C's didn't have to worry about his elbows... If I was the head ref I'd clear this with Stern and then ..... I'd tell both teams..."first elbow to the head gets tossed...simple as that...If you swing your elbows, you do so at your own risk...hit someone in the head...You're done for tonight and maybe another game or two.." Let's play some b-ball okay?...leave that crap to hockey...but that's just me.....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri May 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Good idea, LACelt. The only problem is that flailing elbows are considered to be part of his game. I was listening to an interview with some guy from Sports Illustrated yesterday. He said that Howard is a great athletic specimen but he's not particularly "skilled." He stated that Howard lacks the finesse of many other bigs who are less dangerous, which is why his elbows flail.

So, in essence, Howard's style is allowed to endanger others because he's "unskilled?" Man, there's something wrong with that in my book. I personally believe his flailing elbows are a device of convenience to carve out more space for himself. Man, I would love to have seen him against either Russ or Wilt. Both of them had the finesse to get away with rough stuff in ways that Howard has never dreamed of.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri May 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Sam wrote:Good idea, LACelt. The only problem is that flailing elbows are considered to be part of his game. I was listening to an interview with some guy from Sports Illustrated yesterday. He said that Howard is a great athletic specimen but he's not particularly "skilled." He stated that Howard lacks the finesse of many other bigs who are less dangerous, which is why his elbows flail.

So, in essence, Howard's style is allowed to endanger others because he's "unskilled?" Man, there's something wrong with that in my book. I personally believe his flailing elbows are a device of convenience to carve out more space for himself. Man, I would love to have seen him against either Russ or Wilt. Both of them had the finesse to get away with rough stuff in ways that Howard has never dreamed of.

Sam

sam,

Wilt would have "finessed" Howard into a broken nose.

Players that are considered to be common culprits of "moving screens", like Perk unfortunately is, are broken of those habits through the use of whistles. He moves, you blow. Moving on screens, however, don't usually endanger the other player the way Dwight Howard's elbows do. Remember the Kermit Washington/Rudy T incident? The normally mild-mannered Washington punched Rudy in the face and changed his life for a long, long time by breaking numerous bones in his face.

What if 280# Howard's elbow did the same to Davis? Granted, he didn't aim his elbow like Washington aimed his fist, but if flailing elbows is a common occurrence for Howard, and they are dangerous, shouldn't he be broken of that habit through the liberal use of whistles?

Incompetence shouldn't be a refuge.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri May 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Not a bad idea at all. He should be playing with a little fear that he could get thrown. I just don't see Stern admitting that there is a problem.

Funny you mention the Rudy T/Washington incident. I am reading the book written by John Feinstein about that incident right now. It is amazing how one awful incident can change a person's whole life.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri May 28, 2010 7:48 pm

I sincerely hope Glen hasn't been cleared out of misplaced priority. His health should be upper most in any decision regarding his availability for the game this evening!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Fri May 28, 2010 8:30 pm

MD,

Don't worry about that. They wouldn't let him play if he couldn't. That kid is tough, watch him have a big game too.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down