Aron Baynes departs Knicks game with hamstring injury

3 posters

Go down

Aron Baynes departs Knicks game with hamstring injury Empty Aron Baynes departs Knicks game with hamstring injury

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:42 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/aron-baynes-departs-knicks-game-hamstring-injury

Aron Baynes departs Knicks game with hamstring injury

By Chris Forsberg

October 20, 2018 9:01 PM

NEW YORK — Boston Celtics big man Aron Baynes departed Saturday’s win over the New York Knicks in the first half with a right hamstring injury.

Baynes, making a spot start with Gordon Hayward held out on the second night of a back-to-back, hobbled off late in the second quarter and was ruled out for the remainder of the game with what the team termed a “sore right hamstring.”

Celtics coach Brad Stevens did not have an injury update after the game and expressed concern with hamstring injuries.

"I don’t have any update on it; hamstrings are scary to me,” said Stevens.

Baynes was not spotted as Celtics players departed the Boston locker room. He scored 10 first-half points, making a pair of 3-pointers as he continues to show an expanded range.

Second-year big men Guerschon Yabusele, the 16th pick in the 2016 draft, and Daniel Theis, the German import who missed the end of last season with a torn meniscus, saw extended time in Baynes’ absence.

The Celtics often went small without much in terms of depth for experienced bigs.

Boston pushed its lead as high as 16 in the first half, thanks in large part to Baynes, before New York rallied back to make things interesting.

“Losing Baynes probably hurt as well because he was settling us down, in a lot of ways, on both ends,” said Stevens. “[Baynes was] getting us easy opportunities from his defensive efforts, pushing the ball up the floor and then also obviously battling with [Enes] Kanter down there.”

Hayward should be back for Monday’s game against the Orlando Magic, which would preserve the starting 5 Boston used in its first two games but the bench talent is thinned if Baynes misses time.

bob
MY NOTE:  Here's Yabu and Theis' big chance.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Aron Baynes departs Knicks game with hamstring injury Empty Re: Aron Baynes departs Knicks game with hamstring injury

Post by dboss Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:20 am

I think we may also see Williams get some PT.  Yabu and Theis are PF and not true centers.  I think Theis will get most of the run but the Celtics need the length that Williams brings to the table.  

The Celtics play again tomorrow at home against the Magic.

The Celtics offense has been stuck in the mud and needs to get untracked.  

It is going to take some time for them to play with more fluidity.  An injury here or there immediately alters the rotations and presents more challenges for coach Stevens.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Aron Baynes departs Knicks game with hamstring injury Empty Re: Aron Baynes departs Knicks game with hamstring injury

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Kyrie is also not in mid season form, Jaylen’s shot was off last game, we still have plenty of time to jell. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Roles will get better defined and I am not concerned, everything will work itself out....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Baynes will not play on Monday

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-aron-baynes-hamstring-out-monday-game-against-magic
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down