Brooklyn Nets' James Harden to miss third straight game with hamstring injury amid trade speculation

5 posters

Go down

Brooklyn Nets' James Harden to miss third straight game with hamstring injury amid trade speculation Empty Brooklyn Nets' James Harden to miss third straight game with hamstring injury amid trade speculation

Post by dboss Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:56 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33244497/brooklyn-nets-james-harden-miss-third-straight-game-hamstring-injury-amid-trade-speculation

My Notes

Did you know that Brooklyn has a losing record at home? That is 12 wins and 13 losses.

The Celtics have an excellent opportunity to beat this team tonight with their big 3 all on the cannot play list.

Harden is the latest scratch because of a bad hammy and dumb ass Irving will miss another home game because he is a moron. Durant is out until after the allstar game.

The Nets are now in year 3 of the Durant/Irving free agency signing and fat boy Harden may never make it through a full season again.

On paper they are a fantastic offensive juggernaut but paper will never win a damn thing. This team is a disaster. They are like the Titanic. All that luxury heading down to the bottom of the ocean.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn Nets' James Harden to miss third straight game with hamstring injury amid trade speculation Empty Re: Brooklyn Nets' James Harden to miss third straight game with hamstring injury amid trade speculation

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:32 pm

dboss wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33244497/brooklyn-nets-james-harden-miss-third-straight-game-hamstring-injury-amid-trade-speculation

My Notes

Did you know that Brooklyn has a losing record at home?  That is 12 wins and 13 losses.

The Celtics have an excellent opportunity to beat this team tonight with their big 3 all on the cannot play list.  

Harden is the latest scratch because of a bad hammy and dumb ass Irving will miss another home game because he is a moron.  Durant is out until after the allstar game.

The Nets are now in year 3 of the Durant/Irving free agency signing and fat boy Harden may never make it through a full season again.

On paper they are a fantastic offensive juggernaut but paper will never win a damn thing.  This team is a disaster.  They are like the Titanic.  All that luxury heading down to the bottom of the ocean.
                                                                                                  the KI Kill the NBA tour continues apace---what other team would take him? Last one out gets to pay his bloated salary
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn Nets' James Harden to miss third straight game with hamstring injury amid trade speculation Empty Re: Brooklyn Nets' James Harden to miss third straight game with hamstring injury amid trade speculation

Post by dboss Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:00 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
dboss wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33244497/brooklyn-nets-james-harden-miss-third-straight-game-hamstring-injury-amid-trade-speculation

My Notes

Did you know that Brooklyn has a losing record at home?  That is 12 wins and 13 losses.

Harden is the latest scratch because of a bad hammy and dumb ass Irving will miss another home game because he is a moron.  Durant is out until after the allstar game.

On paper they are a fantastic offensive juggernaut but paper will never win a damn thing.  This team is a disaster.  They are like the Titanic.  All that luxury heading down to the bottom of the ocean.
                                                                                                  the KI Kill the NBA tour continues apace---what other team would take him? Last one out gets to pay his bloated salary

Foot

KI has a player option in what will be his last year of a 4 year deal.  It's for $36.5 million.  His toxicity permeates the NBA.  The Nets have not received value for the money that he has been paid.   He has missed 55% of all games over a 3 year period.  That number assumes that he plays all remaining away games.

Harden also has a player option this summer for a whopping $47.3 million.  I suspect he will gladly opt in.  

KD signed a huge 5 year extension and is owed around $193 million.  He will make $42.9 million next year which will be the first year of his 5 year deal.

This team has no long term future.  Someone needs to be moved.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:00 pm

Well, not counting chickens but if we don't win tonight...

db

P.S. OK. Good. I've got dboss on board!! (haha) Plenty of room, folks!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:15 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Well, not counting chickens but if we don't win tonight...

db

P.S.  OK.  Good.  I've got dboss on board!!  (haha) Plenty of room, folks!!  

The Celtics will beat the Nets tonight.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:22 pm

dboss,

I'm just going to hand my pinball crown to you.  You went off on BKN much more eloquently and harshly than I ever have in the last year and a half!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:20 pm

One of the things I like about this forum is that I can just throw out random musings , and folks like the bosses, bobheckler, nycelt etc. will provide actual information. I think the Nets are cooked, but all the talking heads on ESPN continue to build verbal monuments to them .I just hope our guys keep their focus. I know it's a different regime , but the Nets rush to relevance perpetually fails. Thinking Pierce and Garnett for, essentially, Tatum and Brown. Too bad, because Brooklyn is one of my favorite places.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:23 pm

I should have said the ghosts of Pierce and Garnett.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:37 am

I don’t think he is so injured that he couldn’t play, but if I was Nash I would have done the same thing. Harden wouldn’t have done a thing with our pack of wolves defense chomping on the bit, better off resting him as he wouldn’t have changed the outcome at all. Love the way Smart defends Harden, always entertaining and JRich is such a fast speedy ball pressure defender; and you know 2 J’s would be waiting at the bit for a piece of Harden. He didn’t need another 3-15 night on the floor.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:08 am

Sounds a little bit like the Harden-for-Simmons rumors might have some legs. Probably still a long shot, but it could be bad for the Celtics. Harden and Embiid would run a devastating pick and roll, and Simmons would greatly improve the Nets defense (Kyrie and Durant could handle most of the scoring).

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:14 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:Sounds a little bit like the Harden-for-Simmons rumors might have some legs. Probably still a long shot, but it could be bad for the Celtics. Harden and Embiid would run a devastating pick and roll, and Simmons would greatly improve the Nets defense (Kyrie and Durant could handle most of the scoring).

The Nets would lose this trade.  They gave Houston 3 unprotected First round picks, 22, 24 and 26 plus the right to swap 2023 1st rounders.  The Nets also had to move Jarrett Allen their only legit defensive big.  

The Sixers would love to get their hands on Harden and should have pursued that last year.  

There is no good reason for the Nets to move Harden given their investment and they are probably not looking to add another problem to their team.

The Sixers are heavily dependent on Embid and as currently constructed they need another scorer.

A healthy Nets team can still be in the mix but if NY does not lift their ban, their chance to win goes down quite a bit.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:23 pm

dboss wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:Sounds a little bit like the Harden-for-Simmons rumors might have some legs. Probably still a long shot, but it could be bad for the Celtics. Harden and Embiid would run a devastating pick and roll, and Simmons would greatly improve the Nets defense (Kyrie and Durant could handle most of the scoring).

The Nets would lose this trade.  They gave Houston 3 unprotected First round picks, 22, 24 and 26 plus the right to swap 2023 1st rounders.  The Nets also had to move Jarrett Allen their only legit defensive big.  

The Sixers would love to get their hands on Harden and should have pursued that last year.  

There is no good reason for the Nets to move Harden given their investment and they are probably not looking to add another problem to their team.

The Sixers are heavily dependent on Embid and as currently constructed they need another scorer.

A healthy Nets team can still be in the mix but if NY does not lift their ban, their chance to win goes down quite a bit.

I agree, the Nets would lose, largely because they gave up so much to get him as you noted. I think Harden can walk at the end of the year though. If he has not assured them he will re-sign, then the motivation to get something back is clear. Given the salary and talent difference between Harden and Simmons, the Nets would likely get another good player and picks to re-stock their empty cupboard. Could also see how Simmons might fit with the Nets. Durant and Kyrie provide the offensive punch with Simmons as an elite distributor and defender. On the other side, Harden and Embiid would be a problem - how much of a problem would depend on who else the 76ers need to give up, and whether or not Harden is started to decline. Just heard Brian Windhorst (or is it Windbag???) say that despite everyone saying there will be no deal that the two teams are talking, and are in "the deal zone" whatever the hell that is...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Rock

Him leaving is definitely a risk but who walks away from $47.3 million. He can become a free agent after playing next year an earning way too much money for what he brings to the table.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:31 pm

dboss wrote:Rock

Him leaving is definitely a risk but who walks away from $47.3 million.  He can become a free agent after playing next year an earning way too much money for what he brings to the table.

Just saw Woj is saying nothing is happening and Harden will stay put....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:20 pm

Ahhh...let the train wreck Titanic continue uninterrupted to its inevitable demise.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:03 am

jrleftfoot wrote:One of the things I like about this forum is that I can just throw out random musings , and folks like the bosses, bobheckler, nycelt etc. will provide actual information. I think the Nets are cooked, but all the talking heads on ESPN continue to build  verbal monuments to them .I just hope our guys keep their focus. I know it's a different regime , but the Nets rush to relevance  perpetually fails. Thinking Pierce and Garnett for, essentially, Tatum and Brown. Too bad, because Brooklyn is one of my favorite places.

You know Brooklyn? Very lively unique fun edgy grand vibe.

Wouldn’t even know where to begin and can’t say I know it really well. Randazzos is my place for clams and every seafood dish imaginable, classic old school joint. For the best sandwiches another old school place, been there forever Defontes, the cast of The Godfather and Sopranos all over the walls. Perfect bread, ham, chicken cutlet, eggplant, mozz, roasted red peppers and other great classic sandwiches. Bedford St and Smith St, so many great places….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:24 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:One of the things I like about this forum is that I can just throw out random musings , and folks like the bosses, bobheckler, nycelt etc. will provide actual information. I think the Nets are cooked, but all the talking heads on ESPN continue to build  verbal monuments to them .I just hope our guys keep their focus. I know it's a different regime , but the Nets rush to relevance  perpetually fails. Thinking Pierce and Garnett for, essentially, Tatum and Brown. Too bad, because Brooklyn is one of my favorite places.

You know Brooklyn? Very lively unique fun edgy grand vibe.

Wouldn’t even know where to begin and can’t say I know it really well. Randazzos is my place for clams and every seafood dish imaginable, classic old school joint. For the best sandwiches another old school place, been there forever Defontes, the cast of The Godfather and Sopranos all over the walls. Perfect bread, ham, chicken cutlet, eggplant, mozz, roasted red peppers and other great classic sandwiches. Bedford St and Smith St, so many great places….
                                                                                                                               You know it far better than I do,but my niece lived just across the bridge from Manhattan in the early 2000s and I l loved it.Haven't been back to NY for over a decade, but  I've had a hankering lately.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down