worcester
dboss
KyleCleric
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

Theis Out Indefinitely Empty Theis Out Indefinitely

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:59 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/foot-injury-will-keep-celtics-forward-daniel-theis-out-indefinitely

Foot injury will keep Celtics forward Daniel Theis out indefinitely

By Chris Forsberg October 29, 2018 1:32 PM

BOSTON — Celtics backup big man Daniel Theis has a slight tear of the plantar fascia in his right foot and will be out indefinitely, the team announced Monday.

Celtics coach Brad Stevens stressed that the “indefinitely” part probably sounds more daunting than it should but admitted that Theis is likely out for a bit due to the injury.

“The indefinite timeline sounds worse than the timeline we’ve been given,” said Stevens. "I think it’s not going to be season-derailing or anything like that. Hopefully, we’ll see how he progresses over the next few weeks. Then the next steps will be determined. But they think it will be pretty quick recovery, which is fortunate.”

Stevens said that Theis will not require surgery. Most instances of plantar fasciitis simply require rest and rehab to alleviate but can be a slow process.

Theis suffered a left foot sprain that left him questionable for Saturday’s game in Detroit, played through it to score a season-high 17 points in Boston’s victory, then got diagnosed with the right foot injury in the aftermath.

The Celtics will get a boost Tuesday with big man Aron Baynes slated to return from a hamstring strain (Baynes dubbed himself 100 percent after practice) and Boston could lean heavier on rookie Robert Williams in Theis’ absence.

"It’s unfortunate what happened to Daniel,” said Baynes. "He was starting to come along. But it’s one of those things, we dealt with a few circumstances like that last season. It’s next man up. I’m doing everything I can every single day to try to get right and be able to contribute to the team again. So as soon as they give me the clearance I’ll be ready.”

The Celtics’ official injury report listed Baynes as probable to return on Tuesday.

Theis, whose promising rookie season was cut short late last season by a torn meniscus after the German forward signed last offseason, has averaged six points and 3.4 rebounds in 12.2 minutes in the first five games this season.  

The 6-9 Theis averaged 5.3 points and 4.3 rebounds in 14.9 minutes a game in 63 games last season. He didn't play after being injured on March 11.

bob
MY NOTE:  Robert Williams' big chance.  this is why depth and bench player development is so important.  Next man up.  Tough luck for Theis, coming off an ACL and in the final year of his contract.  Plantar fasciitis is a nagging bitch of an injury.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Theis Out Indefinitely Empty Re: Theis Out Indefinitely

Post by KyleCleric Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:29 pm

He'll hopefully be back soon

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:36 pm

Theis had one of his best games ever the other night.

The reason why none of us should be concerned about minutes is because injuries can and will happen.

I think our Rookie Williams may find his way onto the court more often.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:44 pm

Aaron Baynes has been upgraded to probable for Tuesday's game against the Pistons.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm

This has Wally Pipp written all over it for Robert Williams.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:38 am

hate to see this for Theis, hes a tough , hard working player and I like his game. Even if he is limited overall with any upside.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Chris Forsberg
Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 30 minutes ago
Daniel Theis on foot injury: "I’m going to be in the boot for two weeks, just to keep the foot in the right position to heal. After the two weeks, it will be day-by-day. Two weeks in a boot and afterwards I’m gonna start running and all the stuff."

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1057290481422532609

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:26 pm

I agree, it is time to see what Robert Williams can do. Throw him out there with a lot of positive reinforcement. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 pm

This one hurts. Just judging from the way Theis played the other night, his rust was wearing off and he was a force out there that we missed in the playoffs. I love his game. Here's hoping that this will not be one of those things that keeps dragging on and on. We need him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
yesterday
Daniel Theis has already been upgraded from out to doubtful for the Portland game, so safe to say he’s ahead of schedule. He’s been doing light shooting this week.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:41 pm

what a welcome return that will be. He had such a great game in Detroit, then one or two games later, he was out. We need his spark.

Are you back from your trip Bob? Quite a vacation huh? I looked up places you went to when you let us know where you were. A real roaming vacation. If your are not home, you are missed here.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:55 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:what a welcome return that will be. He had such a great game in Detroit, then one or two games later, he was out.  We need his spark.

Are you back from your trip Bob?  Quite a vacation huh?  I looked up places you went to when you let us know where you were. A real roaming vacation.  If your are not home, you are missed here.  

Rosalie

Rosalie,

Yep, came back to vote (I left before absentee ballots could be sent out). Still quite heavily jetlagged. It's another one of those things that has gotten much worse to recover from as I have aged. I look forward to watching some games and joining all of you on the Game On! thread.

6/13-11/4 (ETA 11/5):
Republic of South Africa
Lesotho
Swaziland
Mozambique
Madagascar
Ethiopia
Uganda
Kenya
Tanzania
Malawi
Zimbabwe
Zambia
Botswana
Namibia

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:19 pm

I can only imagine, you must wiped. Glad you are back in one piece. Sounds like a magnificent trip.

We missed you
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Sean Grande
Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
about 1 hour ago
Daniel Theis, who's missed the last six games, and 22 of the last 27 for the Celtics, has been upgraded to "probable" for tonight in Portland. His last game, Oct. 27 in Detroit, he scored 17 points, 2nd highest total of his NBA career.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:29 am

Last night in Portland the Celtics made their move in the 4th quarter when Theis entered the game. This is not the only such occurrence. Let's hope he can stay healthy. I think both he and Williams will be essential down the stretch as Al and Baynes are getting older and we need more energy at the center position.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down