Post Game Thread Celtics go to finals beat Magic 96-84 5/28/2010

5 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics go to finals beat Magic 96-84  5/28/2010 Empty Post Game Thread Celtics go to finals beat Magic 96-84 5/28/2010

Post by dboss Sat May 29, 2010 9:12 am

As the barber says next!

The Celtics finished off round 3 of the playoffs with an inspiring 96-84 victory over the Orlando Magic.

The Magic had no heros but we had ours. After dusting the bench throughout the playoffs, Nate Robinson came in the game after Rondo took a nasty fall and simply lit the Magic up and fire up the Garden faithful. His stint at PG came at the exact point in time that it was needed. The Magic, shell shocked never recovered and played the rest of the game like a team just going through the motions. Afterwards I was thinking ok so this nis why we got em.

There were numerous contributions from everyone, The captain played like a captain, with 31 point, 13 rebounds and 5 assists. PP was virtually unstoppable tonight, and Ray Allen hit back to back 3's early in the 3rd quarter to deliver the bad news to the Magic. Those shots were 'you won't be coming back in this game shots' Rajon came out early and set the pace but you could see that he was hurting after the fall but still gutted it out. Baby showed little effect from the Howard blow in game 5 as he scored 6 points and pulled down 7 rebounds. KG only scored 10 npoints but his jumper was true and he knocked down some big shots to keep the Celtics offense moving forward. Sheed played excellent post defense on Howard. Overall it was a great effort at both ends of the court. The Celtics deserved to win this game.

The Magic can not beat teams especially the Celtics unless they take and make a high number of 3 point shots. Last night they were 6-22. They cannot play any other way.

So now we have our dream final. The Celtics and the lakers will renew the greatest rivalry in all of sports. The lakers better win their series after all the hoopla we have heard about how good they are. The Celtics never looked for anything special. they won 2 sereis by beating teams on the road. The Celtics beat the two best teams in the EC and have now taken a measure of three of the top 5 players in the NBA (Wade, James and Howard)

This is why I am a Celtics fan...

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics go to finals beat Magic 96-84  5/28/2010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread Celtics go to finals beat Magic 96-84 5/28/2010

Post by beat Sat May 29, 2010 9:29 am

dboss

I hope the lakers loose! Plain and simple.
The Suns could easily be up 3-2 and heading home. But such is not the case. In any event the team we play has to go out and play at least another 48 minute game against another quality team.

And all we get to do is sit and watch...............and wait. And get a little healthier too.......and perhaps a little more hungry to focus our reslove to the end!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics go to finals beat Magic 96-84  5/28/2010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread Celtics go to finals beat Magic 96-84 5/28/2010

Post by dboss Sat May 29, 2010 9:45 am

The Suns are a high scoring team and could give Boston problems. The Lakers are a more complete team from top to bottom.

The lakers are the defending champions and the Celtics are the defending champiopns one year removed. It is a classic matchup of two really impressive franchises. And the TV rating will be off the chain.

I am rooting for the lakers to beat the Suns although I would not mind it if their sereis goes 7. More rest for our guys and more prep time. Right now Boston has to prepare for both teams and that is not an easy task because they are so different in terms of style.

go lakers!

Let us be the ones to send you on vacation for the summer.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat May 29, 2010 11:04 am

Hi,
About the game. I'd like to mention team effort and unsung hero of defense - KG: how he was breaking those picks and double picks.
Now what? Beat LA? Or PHX? I prefer LA = less letters Very Happy

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat May 29, 2010 11:09 am

dboss

I don't think more rest time comes into play the finals start next thursday regardless if the suns/lakers go to 7. So it's LESS rest for either of those teams.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 pm

So much for all those idiots talking about a Bruins-like collapse. Talk about creating a tempest-in-a-teapot. We won in 6. How is that any different than beating Cleveland in 6? Nobody talked about Cleveland choking when we were down 2-1 against Cleveland after they came to Boston and blew us out, but being up 3-0 against Orlando and they're talking about us choking.

1. Doc was right. Nate did win a playoff game for us. We were flat. We had gone from up 16 down to 8-9 and Rondo had just gotten dumped. Nate came in and turned it all around. Without his 12 point 2nd quarter, we wouldn't have been up 13 at the half and this would have been a very different game. Maybe the same ending, but a very different (and much more stressful) game.

2. Pierce was on. I especially love his rebounding. Perk and KG were keeping their guys off the boards and Pierce just went after the ball and wouldn't let anybody take it away from him. At one time or another, he had Barnes, Pietrus and Carter on him. He scored 31, had 13 rebounds and 5 assists in 45 minutes. Combined, they had 25 points, 9 rebounds and 4 assists in 72 minutes. That's really outclassing the competition. All of them.

3. I lost track of Ray Allen until he drained those two big 3s. Momentum changers, for sure. Rondo's exciting, KG' intense (Perk too) but Ray Allen's consistent effort is a joy to behold. Even when his shot isn't dropping he's still working hard and trying to contribute with passing and defense. His non-stop motion game reminds me of Havlicek and that's a high, high compliment.

4. I thought it very odd that they had been very effective getting Nelson free by rubbing off Rondo with double staggered high screens, but stopped doing that when Nate came in and started guarding Nelson. They only ran single screens and Nate fought through them very well.

5. Dwight Howard had 28 points on 11-14 shooting, but I swear they were some very understated points. At no time did I feel he was taking over the game.

6. Rondo went back to being Rondo and Nelson, well, he went back to being Nelson.

7. There must be something wrong with Tony. He only played 13 minutes and was completely ineffective. NOT good news, regardless if we play the Kobe Bryant Lakers or the very athletic and fast Suns.

I was texting updates to Jeb throughout the game, because he had to work late. He was jonesing, fer sure.

Ok, so now we wait to see what happens out west (or, from my perspective, "out here"). We have 6 days of rest, 5 days to view film and prepare and one of them a travel day.

What a great day to be a Celtic fan. And it's only going to get better.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat May 29, 2010 3:51 pm

bobheck

wonderful day. And thank you. Very happy for the celts and for sam and the mods for the pitch perfect timing shown by them, life the universe and the boston celtics.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down