Is Kyrie Irving 'genuinely interested' in reuniting with LeBron James?

5 posters

Go down

Is Kyrie Irving 'genuinely interested' in reuniting with LeBron James? Empty Is Kyrie Irving 'genuinely interested' in reuniting with LeBron James?

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:08 pm

Is Kyrie Irving 'genuinely interested' in reuniting with LeBron James?

NBC SPORTS BOSTON By Justin Leger January 29, 2019 4:59 PM

Back in October, Kyrie Irving assured Celtics fans of his intent to re-sign in the summer.

Fast-forward to the middle of the NBA season, and Irving's words no longer feel as assuring.

Irving is "genuinely interested" in reuniting with former Cavaliers teammate LeBron James, according to Ric Bucher of Bleacher Report.

In Bucher's report, he writes that Irving may play a role in where Anthony Davis ends up after the Pelicans star requested a trade earlier this week. Deeper in the article, Bucher reveals this nugget of information:

... a source close to the Celtics confirmed that Kyrie Irving is genuinely interested in reuniting with his former Cavaliers teammate. "That is for real," the source said.

With rumors swirling that Davis prefers Los Angeles over Boston, the possibility of Irving tagging along when he hits free agency has to be considered a nightmarish scenario for the C's.

The Celtics are unable to make a deal for Davis this season unless they part ways with Irving, due to the Rose rule.

Two weeks ago, Irving revealed he called James to apologize for his attitude as a young player in Cleveland, and to ask for advice on leading a young team.

Back to top Go down

Is Kyrie Irving 'genuinely interested' in reuniting with LeBron James? Empty Re: Is Kyrie Irving 'genuinely interested' in reuniting with LeBron James?

Post by KennCelt Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:18 pm

I have a bad feeling about him. I am inclined to trade him, but who would want him if he would bolt for the Lakers.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Is Kyrie Irving 'genuinely interested' in reuniting with LeBron James? Empty Re: Is Kyrie Irving 'genuinely interested' in reuniting with LeBron James?

Post by dboss Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:37 pm

A source close to the Celtics is probably A Sherrod Blakely who got it from someone who tweeted it from some other retweet.

This is what is going to happen.  Danny will make the trade for AD in July and Kyrie will opt out and resign with Boston.  

AD may have a preferred destination but he is not a free agent until the 2020 season ends.  Kyrie is as quirky a guy as I can think of but I do not believe that he would stand in front of loyal Celtics fans and declare his intentions to stay and then turn around a few months later and decide he wants to go play with Lebron again.  It does not make a bit of sense.  There is no good reason for it.  Danny can pretty much assure him that AD will be in a Celtics uniform.  Irving's reputation as a man of his word would be forever tarnished if he left to play with Lebron.

There is a lot of misinformation out there and if Kyrie has changed his mind then he would surely have to tell Danny, right?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:54 pm

dboss wrote:A source close to the Celtics is probably A Sherrod Blakely who got it from someone who tweeted it from some other retweet.

This is what is going to happen.  Danny will make the trade for AD in July and Kyrie will opt out and resign with Boston.  

AD may have a preferred destination but he is not a free agent until the 2020 season ends.  Kyrie is as quirky a guy as I can think of but I do not believe that he would stand in front of loyal Celtics fans and declare his intentions to stay and then turn around a few months later and decide he wants to go play with Lebron again.  It does not make a bit of sense.  There is no good reason for it.  Danny can pretty much assure him that AD will be in a Celtics uniform.  Irving's reputation as a man of his word would be forever tarnished if he left to play with Lebron.

There is a lot of misinformation out there and if Kyrie has changed his mind then he would surely have to tell Danny, right?

Dboss,
As I mentioned in another thread, I believe that KI stays/goes is closely related to AD situation.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:11 pm

My take is this.

It could be that LaBron could be trying to undermine the relationship between the Celtics and Irving by sending a surrogate out to spread these false rumors about Irving, and having management and fans turn off to Irving. This could create an easy clear path for Irving to seek a reunion with LaBron in LA.

I hate these anonymous drive by sources that you cannot verify.

I also know that I do not put it pass anyone from creating and implementing such a strategy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:32 pm

More stupid nonsense. The sooner LeBron retires or breaks both his legs the better. This shit is out of control.
And, if Kyrie decides to leave (even though he hasn’t said it)I couldn’t care less. Im thoroughly convinced that we can win without him. Take his money and get a real good point guard and another solid role player, preferably a rebounding fool and we’re in business.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Ktronic1

NOW YOUR TALKING!

IF LIES AND HE DOES LEAVE, THE PROCESS WILL HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE BACK TO DANNY AS HE LIED TO THOMAS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down