Are people over-reacting to 2 losses?

4 posters

Go down

Are people over-reacting to 2 losses? Empty Are people over-reacting to 2 losses?

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Since the Celtics started off 10 and 10 and revamped their starting line-up, they are 25 and 11, which means they are playing 0.694 ball - good enough for 4th in the league overall, behind only Milwaukee, GS, and Toronto. Before the two LA-losses, this 'new' starting line-up was 25 and 9, playing 0.735 ball, which would have put them behind only Milwaukee. Clearly I am cherry-picking, especially the latter 0.735-ball stat, but this has actually been a good team since the 10-10 start. When they lose, they seem to lose in bunches and in painful ways, but the truth is that those losses don't count anymore than an overtime loss to Golden State. Maybe people (including me for sure!!!) are over-reacting based on pre-season expectations coupled with the slow start.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Are people over-reacting to 2 losses? Empty Re: Are people over-reacting to 2 losses?

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 am

You are correct, we have been one of the top teams in the NBA since the Marcus' brothers moved into the starting lineup.

we seem to lose to teams that we should beat though and losing back to back at home is always a bad sign.

there seems to be some issues with the "makeup" of this team, who knows what that is.

is it the young players are sulking as their minutes get smaller?

is it Irving is more diva than leader?

is it Stevens has no idea to coach a team with talent?

I don't know, but I think this team is who they have showed us they are all year. I don't expect them to suddenly become the team we thought they would be the rest of this year.

Milwaukee, Toronto and Philadelphia ARE all better teams.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Are people over-reacting to 2 losses? Empty Re: Are people over-reacting to 2 losses?

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am

Well, the good news is when we lose to those teams we shouldn't, those aren't going to be in the playoffs.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:09 am

Yes Celtics fans over react to 2 losses or 2 wins.  Losses often serve as a humbling experience that can propel a team forward.

This team will move forward.  They will not be deterred by 2 tough losses.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down