Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:57 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/02/comments-from-other-side-sixers-21219.html

by FLCeltsFan

Marcus Morris is back home so he might be playing harder

We need to rip this Leprechaun off our backs. Apply an arm lock. Transition to a good night Irene rear naked choke. Transition to another arm bar on the other arm. Figure four leg lock. Cobra Clutch. Camel Clutch. Chicken wing cross face. Then Jimmy Super Fly Snuka off the top turnbuckle. It’s the only way to be sure.

Let’s just beat this team please. Even with chemistry not at 100%, this should be the easiest game of the series this year barring another major Celtics injury. Just beat these people, rest up for tomorrow against the worst team in the league and go into the break on a 4 game W streak ready to go on a possible run for the 2nd seed.

I'm really just trying to decide who is going to go off on us tonight… They will call it… the Marcus Morris game

Kyrie, no Kyrie, I don't give a Fidler’s ****. Time to start beating these Massholes.

Harris is going to own Tatum tonight Tatum is a sieve on anything with action offense.

I feel like every time we play them Marcus Smart goes 4-7 from 3 and I question whether life is worth living.

What type of injury does Baynes have?

Broken manbun

Oh God! Players Only on TNT. Stick a hot poker in my ears.

Oh great, Mchale on a Celtics game

The announcers are drooling just thinking about Tatum

Boston's had some issues lately but beat the sixers who people keep saying have the best starting 5 yada yada and I'll bet they get their swagger back. Need to kick them when they are down, a nice double digit beating.

Not excited anymore. I want bucks or gsw game. They are no longer a threat even if they win this one.

They ARE a threat. Especially in playoffs.

Boston is always tough when we play them. I hate that Kyrie is injured for this one. Hopefully he gets back full stride before the playoffs.

Boston always plays us tough. They will not just roll over and give us a win. We have to come out and punch them in the face early and hard.

Boston might be better without kyrie

We match up exceptionally well with them now as long as we don't get exposed by JJ or TJ on defense. If they beat us with Marcus Smart, then we have some serious problems.

Hope we blow them out and cause the wheels to fly off in Boston.

These aren't your grandma's process 76ers. We will annihilate them tonight. It will be a KO.

I don't know why you guys don't think that Smart and Morris won't combine to hit like 5 perfectly timed, back-breaking 3s with the shot clock winding down to win this game for BOS.

Jayson Tatum 'would not mind' being the face of the Pelicans

I wouldn't hate it. I'd be able to feel less bad about still liking Tatum.

If the Celtics give up the farm for AD, I'm not convinced that is bad for us. Embiid typically handles AD and the guys they will ship out have hurt us a lot. They might get better overall, but matchup worse against us.

I agree AD is a shrinking violet, plus he wasn't the winner in New Orleans - Rondo was Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Nod

Agree. I am more concerned about Tatum than AD. Embiid is AD's father.

I wonder if players only knows their awful...

They should abuse the midget back court.

Boston doing that thing where they just hold the other team. Refs doing that thing where they don't call it.

Does Morris ever miss a shot against us

Damn I didn't take Morris in the "which career journeyman will have the game of his life against the Sixers?" pool.

Literally half their offense is Morris making contested midrange jumpers. It’s not sustainable. Our guys just gotta get in a groove on offense

Against us not only is it sustainable but it will probably improve.

This Celtics' team just has the 76ers' number, man. The quickness and athleticism just really unnerves them.

Do the Celtics pay rent for living in the Sixers head?

Lol, Ben’s 15 foot jumper missed the rim. That’s hard to do.

Defense is pretty good by Boston. But Boston is taking and making some tough shots. That is unlikely to continue. Keep it close for now. Talent hopefully takes over.

Lol @ horford grabbing Embiids jersey on that post move and then complaining aggressively about the foul call

Does morris freaking miss?!!!!!!

Only against other teams.

Amazing how Horford can somehow guard Joel but against other 5s, he isnt extraordinary

Just turned game on....I really really hate Boston

They are attacking redick just like we should be attacking rosier.

Good D by Horford there

How is no one on our coaching staff all over the refs ?? This happens every game.. Horford sticks his **** knee right in Joel's a** so that he cant move him, that is 100% not allowed and supposed to be an instant foul How is our coaching staff so clueless to not call this out

Dudes get shook every time we play this loser team

My god ben Simmons offensive game is absolute trash

I'd rather face Milwaukee in the first round.

All yall sayin this was easy win.. Celtics try... We don't.. We only play hard if its close with 5 min left, then we try And Simmons is a negative vs this team, an actual liability

Morris playing like an All star, Horford getting away with mugging Embiid, Simmons lost.

Hayward would find his mojo against us...

Marcus Morris and white centers will kill us forever and ever

Tobias and Ben are just a terrible fit together. Since tobias’s arrival it has severely effected Bens game.

EVERYONE is a bad fit with ben, cuz hes trash

We have no offensive system. I don't understand it.

We are gonna win, chill Not looking good for playoffs tho, Irving gonna kill us.

Why is korkmaz getting so much burn? He’s awful

Were planning to make him the main asset for Anthony Davis

Korkmaz gets outrun by one legged Hayward.

Oh the tatum push off no call shocker

Ben is like an equipment sent by the aliens. We know it’s special but it’s useless on earth.

JJ struggles more than even Ben against Boston

They've got Jaylen Brown on him a lot. Longer, quicker, more athletic. It's a problem.

Simmons getting beat by Tatum, badly.

Every time we make a run Celts go to Tatum to try to end it.

The other thing is the Celtics don't play the 76ers the same way they're playing other teams. They are really keyed in and focused on Job One. They just really bring their best.

Does ben have the ugliest jumpshot in the nba after fultz?

Idc how likable Tatum is. **** that guy

Good thing baynes is out, hed have 4 threes by now

We could have Michael Jordan on this team and still struggle against the Celtics.

Unlike the lakers, they play lock down defense. The sixers struggle against the Celtics for a reason

Daniel theis is certainly a neo Nazi. Just has that look you know

They better be calling that exact same push off on Tatum on every one of his drives.

Were not gonna beat these guys in a playoff series, its over, nothing has changed

Boston is better without Kyrie.

I think if we get KD as a 6th man we can take the Celtics to 6 games.   (MY NOTE:  Like I said in my post-game comment, it's not just winning, it's sucking their will to resist that is the real fun)

I hate the Celtics so much

This is not an inspiring start to this new era against Boston.

If the sixers lose to the kyrie-less Celtics I'm blowing my brains out  (MY NOTE:  If I can make a suggestion, it's a little more fun with a revolver than with an automatic)

What is with BB rotation?? Korky and J sims ?? Really. Why do I keep getting this I just want him fired feeling?

That is who is on our bench. Who do you want him to play?

They seem more physical, stronger, and more athletic Even after our additions

Wake up coach Stevens has been eating your lunch for 2 years now

What if we get the 3 seed and Boston falls to the 6 seed and we lose in the 1st round because apparently they own us no matter who we have.

Fade away air balls Thanks offense

Boston just matches up really well with us. They are so long and athletic. They can collapse the paint and are quick enough to close out on our shooters.

Death, taxes, and Ben Simmons playing like sh** against the Celtics

Their D swarming like drones out there

Boston plays phenomenal on ball defense. This is a great test for us

Boston playing like no one wants to be traded to Nola !

Mr long 2 Tatum aint sh**

It’s like the Sixers could sign LeBron, Kawhi and Harden But I guess some guy named Horford destroys them all anyway…

Smart will shut them all down

Man, Horford seems to get inside Joel’s head

Celtics are trash tho. Tons of contested jumpers, ISO ball. We are just more trash so far, lol

Jayson Tatum has regressed a lot

Why is it Celtics can push away with their off arm all day long but Sixers do it once and offensive foul?

Is Tatum always this bad this season.

He doesn't have any moves going to the basket.

No matter how much talent we have, Boston always just out-executes us and is way more focused.

Even Redick got a stop on Rozer. Terry is so trash.

Watching us versus the Celtics ruins my day

Horfords old man strength is real

The Celtics are ridiculously good at defending the post.

I was kind of hoping Irving would play the rest just stand around.

Embiid needs a shock collar for whenever he wants to shoot a 3. Why is his 3 the option we go to on the last play? Really?

Horford and Morris are killing us

Horford, heyward, and Morris destroying us

If Boston wants confidence just play us and we fold.

We could have the roster of the West All Stars and Boston would still beat us

This is our chance to kill them. we better ****ing do it

We simply getting out coached and there defense is shutting us down. Celtics are simply better coached than us

How is that possible when, if you go on the Celtics board, people want Brad Stevens fired for being a bad coach?

Imagine being a Celtics fan and wanting to fire Brad lmao  (MY NOTE:  Actually, I can't imagine that.  Which stupid-ass board is this?)

Everything they do has a purpose and were just running around trying to figure what to do. That's because they are better coached than we are

Brad Stevens is no genius He’s been running the same three plays the last two years. The Sixers are just too stupid to figure them out. Hey guys, you think Horford’s going to pop out to the perimeter off the pick? I don’t know! Maybe!

It all starts with the coaching. It’s like they aren’t ever prepared for the Celtics defense. It’s like it’s always a surprise.

How about we actually run some offensive plays for Simmons.

LMAO THAT WOULD BE LOSING ON PURPOSE

Tatum just sonned Ben and shoulder checked him afterwards. Damn.

Celtics are really good at stopping penetration.

The Sixers are playing like pansies I don't know how else to say it. They want no part of any interior physicality or contact. They are shying away from it every time. And we are the much bigger team, but we aren't playing like it.

This is gonna be a monkey on the back until the beat them. Embiid doesn't know how to play against Horford.

Wake me up. Boston is not this good.

Didn’t this team go to the ECF last year? There good.

Kyrie and Baynes aren't playing though. We've added Butler and Harris since the playoffs, so it shouldn't be this close.

I cant wait until Horford retires.

We are the championship for Boston.. Its pathetic, they always play their best game vs us and we don't even care

How does ****ing Hayward pick this game to get his offense going?

Joel getting way out played by Horford vs the Celtics is old already

He's the perfect player against Embiid. He's strong enough to hold his position, he's much quicker than Embiid, he's also a ton more experienced. Then, he also holds his position long enough that the double can come. On offense, he's a PF playing center.

Brown on Redick is a damn problem.

Brown, Rozier, Kyrie, Tatum are all a problem on Redick

Might want to cool the Warriors comparisons just a bit if this team can’t get past Boston without Kyrie

Boston is a well coached cohesive unit. Sixers are not there yet. I really think the Celts are better w out Irving too

These announcers are basically the Celtics national broadcast

All the soft touches they call against the 76ers, the whistle is silent vs the Celtics.

I think Kobe did Tatum dirty He killed his game. Tatum is a** now with all the ISO 2 and mid range pump fakes smh. Wouldn’t be surprised if the most competitive Lakers of all time sabotaged a young Celt lmao

Tatum falling in love with the mid-range shot is saving the sixers this game.

Why does Joel let Horford totally outwork him?

Celts bench sure seems like they’re having fun

Anyone remember when Doc and Larry Legend started swinging at each other ? Lol

Good old days when they let them play.....and fight

Can we please just win? WHY is Boston our complete kryptonite

It's extremely depressing the team I hate the most destroys us everytime

The Sixers better hope they don’t face the Celts in the postseason. Because they won’t beat them in a series. BB & the players have no clue how to attack Boston on offense or how to play them on defense. It’s ridiculous, because Boston’s offense is not difficult to figure out

I just don’t get it. Guess we need a 5th star

Fulz?

If we get into a 4-5 matchup with Boston, we lose and at least 1 of our 2 acquired stars walks

Ive never hated anything more so than the Celtics. I seriously hate them with all my being. Its almost cathartic

Without the one-sided officiating, we'd be kicking baston arse!

We need All Stars off the bench too. Starters arent enough

Stevens makes Brett look like an AAU coach.

We have more talent. Let that telent do its thing

Smarts a guy you absolutely despise when he plays for somebody else but would love to have on your team

How Horford plays against us makes me sick

Celtics are surgical with taking advantage of weak links. Terrible that we can’t do the same.

I want the Celtics and sixers to play first round of the playoffs

Refs own the Sixers

Horford with yet another foul not called I legit hate the Celtics with an unhealthy level amounts of passion

I hate the Celtics so, so much. Now I'm going to be too angry to sleep for a while

Lol.. Refs always help Boston, Boston always plays their best games of the season vs us.. Trash a** heyward averages 10 pts a game at 31% from 3 and look at him tonight

Embiid got HACKED

He did, but he swing through thinking they'd call it rather than just trying to score.

This is the worst part about playing Boston. You see the loss coming at you in slow motion. I know this is a loss but here I am...

Should of just kept all those assets and Shamet and Fultz and just signed Mirotic

Punked by a superior team in all respects. A dunk there?? Disrespected.

Celtics with only 6 turnover....amazing

1-7 now versus Milwaukee, Toronto, and Boston. Need more stars.

I don't care what anyone says I want scary Terry on this team.

i’d be fine with that, don’t think we could afford him though

I rather have his coach

We have the more talented team. Instead of forcing them to face us talent vs talent we are letting them trick us into thinking we are getting good shots just because our good player our shooting. BB you need to walk the line and let our worse players win. So easy now that our worse player are all stars, this is ridiculous Brett

Horford has just straight up out played Joel He always does a tremendous job of defending Jojo

Hey guys, great job leaving Heyward open again. Really great

Jimmy having one of those "no way am I getting beat by a guy named Gordon" kind of games

Wow, no turnovers for Boston in 14 minutes it’s almost like their team has played together for more than a week, isn’t it?

Celtics> Process

Get a new coach BB cant beat Boston

Somebody explain why this Horford guy looks like the best defender in the NBA against the Sixers?

Joel is a moron for trying to draw any foul in that situation. Refs will never call that.

Celtics just have a way superior basketball IQ Embiid always freezes against this team

But the good news is the 76ers played like trash and still barely lost.

CELTICS DONT HAVE KYRIE

They’re better off without him

Yeah without Kyrie. Game would have been a blowout

Man we can’t even beat the Celtics without kyrie at home. We haven’t beat any of the other three best teams in the conference. It’s getting frustratingly now.

BB cant beat Boston even if they play the dance team

As a Lakers fan, we may suck I mean really, really, really suck. But at least we can take care of our rivals lol. This is payback btw for all the Philly trolls on our message board ha. Eat your heart out Philly  (MY NOTE:  Trolling begets trolling and Karma is a beeyatch)

The Sixers better hope they won't face the Celtics in the postseason Because the won’t win that series. The Celtics execute so much better than the Sixers do on both ends of the floor every freaking time they play. They don’t even need Kyrie Irving because the Sixers don’t understand the simple concept of 3-point defense whenever they face this team. The Celtics did not have to shoot a single contested 3-pointer all game. Meanwhile, neither Harris nor Redick had an open 3-pointer the entire contest, because Boston’s perimeter defenders DO NOT LEAVE their assignment. It’s basic concepts that somehow the 76ers fail to execute whenever they play Boston. Meanwhile, Joel Embiid continues to be embarassed by Al Horford.

At least it was only 1 person this time He usually also gets embarrassed by Baynes.

To allow Heyward so many open-by-four-feet 3’s is simply inexcusable. Just based on that alone, we deserved to lose this game.

Learn how to spell Hayward isn’t that hard, but I guess it is as hard for you to spell as it was for the 76ers to cover him. 26 points, 8-11 from the field, 6-7 from 3.

Horford has played JoJo so well    Anthony Davis doesn’t play Joel as good.

Well Brett knows how to lose to the Celtics, I think he's getting better at losing miserably

Brett has a bet on how he can lose in the most painful way to the Celtics.

Hoping we get them in the playoffs, by then we will be much better, we're still figuring out how to play with all the new guys.

We need a Big 6

Tobias probably has no idea what just happened. Welcome to Philly vs. Boston, man.

Celtics are better without Irving

When you keep losing the same way to the same team, it's not "aw shucks, just a bad game." It's officially a pattern of inferiority and a mental block.

Brad Stevens is one coach mean enough to punish Brett Brown for this crap lineups.

Feels like this one is worth 5 losses because of the mental toll it took on our confidence against this particular team.

We just need to avoid the Celtics at this point. That means finishing strong and getting the #3 seed. I don't trust Coach to make the necessary adjustments to beat them.

Who stepped up from Boston that we wouldn't have expected? Gordon Hayward is still Gordon Hayward even if he's not Gordon Hayward.  (MY NOTE:
This makes sense in a strange type of way)

If Tatum is all the Pels get for Davis, they're screwed.

Other than Big Al, Tatum was lowkey the best two-way player on the court tonight.

He stinks.

8-2 without Kyrie , there is no doubt they're better team with Kyrie off the floor, I have a feeling the other players do not like him. Get well soon.....

I kinda feel like the Celtics are a tougher matchup for us without Kyrie. They're more likely to exploit favorable matchups and I'm not sure he can defend anyone in our starting lineup.

On Christmas day they had Kyrie and we outplayed them for most of the game and almost won in the end and lost in OT and the Sixers are a much better team right now than they were then.

We have lost, including playoff games, 21 out of the last 24 games to the Celtics. Stevens has Brett’s number. They play grind it out ISO / pick and roll basketball that limits turnovers and slows the pace and we don’t.

People are not giving the Celtics enough credit. They can constantly put lineups on the court where all players can shoot the 3, all players can reasonably switch and none is a defensive liability. They don't have a top 5ish player that will let them win when they are just going through the motions but when they are motivated and methodical they play better than their record.

Sixers fans giving Celtics credit? LOL The hate on Celtics is just ridiculous reading some posts made in this forum.

You also got a good game out of Hayward. It's the best I've seen him look. Maybe next time, we should put a defender on him. There were two bad misses by the officials - one for Jaylen Brown, one for Embiid. They cancelled each other out.

Al Horford is the most annoying player ever, absolute nightmare, hope he's traded for Anthony Davis Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Nod

We probably would have won if Irving played, because it makes Boston's defense weaker, and even Boston's offense is kind of better without Irving in a way because they move the ball more and have more threats than when Irving dominates Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Nod

Most coaches just call basic sets and let players play their individual games and make plays. Stevens is one of the few coaches that constantly hones his own individual tactical decisions throughout the course of the NBA regular season. It prepares him well for the playoffs.

Brad Stevens playing Pokemon, the rest of these coaches playing checkers.
"Ah, I see you got a fire pokemon out there (J.J. Redick), let me hit you with this water attack."
"Ah, I see you're trying to attack me with an electric move (Ben Simmons), let me get our ground pokemon out there to render it ineffective."

And yet, Boston only won by 3. And in the playoffs Boston only won by 5, 3 and 2 (in games 2, 3 and 5). So whatever is wrong with Philly, is only wrong in the final couple of possessions Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Nod

If we lost to the Lakers at home (the way Boston did) then nobody would have a problem, but because we lost to Boston at home its the end of the world Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Away Nod

I absolutely HATE the Celtics. It makes it so much worse.

We have no player who can break down a defense in the half court off of the dribble. Tobias and Jimmy are not bad at it but are not Kyrie level.

In fairness basically nobody is kyrie level

The Celtics have pretty much dominated this organization for like the last 60 years.

This Celtics win was huge for them They will own sixers mentally for the rest of the year with this win

Maybe it’s not just the Celtics, maybe the Boston teams hire smarter coaches

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down