NYCelt
gyso
cowens/oldschool
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lakers or Celtics Empty Lakers or Celtics

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 am

Okay which franchise is in worse shape...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Lakers or Celtics Empty Re: Lakers or Celtics

Post by gyso Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:16 pm

Come on. It's the Lakers.

Honestly, the sky ain't falling. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:18 pm

gyso wrote:Come on.  It's the Lakers.

Honestly, the sky ain't falling.  Very Happy

Lakers or Celtics Thumbs10
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Lakers. And I pray they get worse. Maybe even fold. Okay, we know that will never happen but thats just an indication as to how much i hate them.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:28 pm

At this moment, it's the Lakers.  That's because 100% of the teams that do not make the playoffs do not win the Championship.  100%.  We're making the playoffs, absolutely positively, and right now the odds are they will not.  However small our chances are of winning it's better than flat dead zero.

Bigger picture:  They have a superstar who will be 35 years next year.  If they land Davis or some other major player, then we'll see but I don't think LeBron has the window left to wait for his young teammates to be ready for the big stage.  Therefore, I fully expect Magic to swing for the fences this off-season.  He either waits, and wastes the rest of LeBron's career, or he pulls out all the stops.  If I were him I'd go for it.  Nothing succeeds like success.  LeBron and DWade and Bosh in Miami brought Allen and Battier and others.  LeBron back in Cleveland with Kyrie and Love brought Korver and others.  Look at GSW.  The rich get richer.  Look at the Celtics in the late summer of 2017, after we traded for Ray and KG.  We got Eddie House, James Posey and PJ Brown.  Magic's biggest problem right now is that the Lakers still look like a mediocre team even with LeBron.  Is that enough to draw another great player or two?  Will great players take a chance on a 35 year old LeBron?  If the Lakers surprise everybody and make the playoffs (if SAS keeps winning at a .547 rate they will end up with 44-45 wins.  For LAL to end up with 44-45 wins, and just tie, they'd need to go 14-5 or 15-4) that'll be different.  Then a Kawhi or some other elite player will say "I can add another 8 wins to that team and that might be enough to be the 2/3/4 seed and get to the Finals with at least one home court series, because they're already a 6/7/8 seed, and then anything can happen!".  No playoffs this year and it's a more daunting prospect.  It's even uglier if they end up 11th in the west and not 9th or even 10th.  Minny is only 1 game back and NOP is only 2 games back.  The Lakers upcoming games are vs Clippers, vs Denver, vs Boston, @ Chicago, @ Toronto, @ Detroit, @ NYK, @ Milwaukee.  Chicago and NY are easy wins.  Boston, I hate to say it, will be easier than I'd like it, but the rest will be tough.  If they lose to Clippers, Denver, Toronto and Milwaukee that's pretty much all the losses they can afford for the rest of the season.

For us, I no longer know what our "bigger picture" is.  Heading into this season I thought I did, but not now.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Free agency can always be a season changer - and the Lakers will have enough big bucks available to be in the hunt for a big roster upgrade - an interesting summer shaping up.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 pm

gyso wrote:Come on.  It's the Lakers.

Honestly, the sky ain't falling.  Very Happy

Really a lot of pundits think/know Kyrie is not coming back, that he’s detached....maybe that’s a good thing.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Man.....this is where we are at out here?

Glad I am taking a few days break Basketball
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:36 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Man.....this is where we are at out here?

Glad I am taking a few days break Basketball

Cool, well we have really sucked lately

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:20 am

As miserable and lost as the Lakers look with reality on the horizon, the equal and opposite reaction for their upcoming summer would make them 2-3 in the West at the worst. But if LeGroin (HQ!) pulls another injury disappearing act and LA goes all in, the Lakers will be cellar dwellers for the foreseeable future. I can't see Magic blowing the only opportunity left for him unless Jeanie removes him from the picture before then. As for now, it appears he will still be around for the summer. Luke Walton is in the spotlight for now.

As for us, I hope Danny has all his ducks in a row for the 2019 Summer O' Fun that is looming and launches the now unpinned hand grenade he is currently holding before it goes off and leaves him/us with the proverbial flaming bag of poo, which normally is hilarious unless it's your shoes!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:30 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyle-kuzma-shoved-lebron-james-145948013.html

Kyle Kuzma shoves LeBron James to try to get him in defensive position

Kurt Helin, NBC Sports
1 hour 2 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES — The Lakers’ defense has been dreadful.

In the 13 games since LeBron James returned from his groin injury, the Lakers have the worst defense in the NBA, giving up 116.3 points per 100 possessions. Their effort has been up and down, but they have lacked basic defensive recognition and cohesion.

It got to the point Monday night in a devastating loss to the Clippers that Kyle Kuzma shoved LeBron James to try to get him to close out on Danilo Gallinari, the Clippers best shooter (and leading scorer on the night).

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNBA/status/1102842444377411584
The Render
@TheRenderNBA
Kuzma pushes LeBron on defense

12:05 AM - Mar 5, 2019

Kuzma would later leave the game with an ankle injury that, while the X-rays were negative, coach Luke Walton said would probably sideline him for at least a game. Another injury to a banged up Lakers’ team.

The Lakers are 4-9 since LeBron came back from his groin injury, 2-4 since the All-Star break when LeBron “activated” playoff mode. The defense is the reason — and the reason their playoff dreams are all but dead.

bob
MY NOTE:  The push came out on top, at about the :05 mark.  LeBron was watching the ball and had no idea where his man had gone.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:06 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyle-kuzma-shoved-lebron-james-145948013.html

Kurt Helin, NBC Sports
1 hour 2 minutes ago

In the 13 games since LeBron James returned from his groin injury, the Lakers have the worst defense in the NBA, giving up 116.3 points per 100 possessions. Their effort has been up and down, but they have lacked basic defensive recognition and cohesion.

It got to the point Monday night in a devastating loss to the Clippers that Kyle Kuzma shoved LeBron James to try to get him to close out on Danilo Gallinari, the Clippers best shooter (and leading scorer on the night).

The Render
@TheRenderNBA

Kuzma would later leave the game with an ankle injury that, while the X-rays were negative, coach Luke Walton said would probably sideline him for at least a game. Another injury to a banged up Lakers’ team.

The Lakers are 4-9 since LeBron came back from his groin injury, 2-4 since the All-Star break when LeBron “activated” playoff mode. The defense is the reason — and the reason their playoff dreams are all but dead.

bob
MY NOTE:  The push came out on top, at about the :05 mark.  LeBron was watching the ball and had no idea where his man had gone.

So Kuzma will be available for a trade...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm

NYCelt wrote:
bobheckler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyle-kuzma-shoved-lebron-james-145948013.html

Kurt Helin, NBC Sports
1 hour 2 minutes ago

The Render
@TheRenderNBA

bob

So Kuzma will be available for a trade...

NYCelt,

Who do they want? I'm willing to give up almost anybody for Kuzma.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Bob,

I'm guessing he'll just be up for trade.

Or do you think they behead you for shoving His Royal Highness?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:23 pm

NYCelt wrote:Bob,

I'm guessing he'll just be up for trade.

Or do you think they behead you for shoving His Royal Highness?

Regards

I'm fine with him being beheaded for HRH, just give me the body.  We'll sew a new one on and do a vulcan mind meld with Marcus Smart (not Abby Normal).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:32 pm

NSFW - but funny as hell.

Laughing

Last edited by mrkleen09 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:09 pm

I'm with Kleen on this one. Sure, the Celtics season hasn't gone exactly as expected, but things seem a lot worse in LA. Even in our worst case scenario where we lose in round one and then Kyrie walks, we still have a ton of talent and assets.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:32 pm

I am surprised this came up.

I do not see how you can build a championship team around a 35 year old player that has more mileage on him than the Desoto sitting in my garage.

I am very uncertain that LA can find two high end Free agents that want to tie their dingy to the Titanic.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:33 pm

dboss wrote:I am surprised this came up.

I do not see how you can build a championship team around a 35 year old player that has more mileage on him than the Desoto sitting in my garage.

I am very uncertain that LA can find two high end Free agents that want to tie their dingy to the Titanic.  

dboss,

You have a Desoto? Whoa. Need pics.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:43 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:I am surprised this came up.

dboss,

You have a Desoto?  Whoa.  Need pics.

bob

Actually I do not but was curious to find out how many board members know about that car. Did you know that at one time there were over 100 car companies in the USA.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:56 pm

When the Lakers beat the Warriors in Golden State by 33 we can discuss this.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Here's some interesting stats about the Lakers:

Lebron James, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram only managed to share the court in 23 games this year.
They went 15-8 with a +5.3 net rating and a 99.9 defensive rating in 373 minutes.
This would be the 4th best net rating and the best defensive rating in the league.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Considerable risk when Lakers signed James for huge contract that has him on the books for 3 more years. Its a very short list of players that at age 35-37 were able to put up 20 plus points per game.

Here is the list

http://bkref.com/tiny/V2fr1

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Swish,

I expected to see Kareem's name on the list, but three times? Wow.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:23 am

steve3344 wrote:When the Lakers beat the Warriors in Golden State by 33 we can discuss this.

Really does 37 39 39 count? Those are the points we gave up tonight in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. We put on a clinic.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next