Could Celtics Aquire Kevin Durant In Offseason? Brian Windhorst Floats Hypothetical

5 posters

Go down

Could Celtics Aquire Kevin Durant In Offseason? Brian Windhorst Floats Hypothetical Empty Could Celtics Aquire Kevin Durant In Offseason? Brian Windhorst Floats Hypothetical

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:45 pm

https://nesn.com/2019/03/could-celtics-aquire-kevin-durant-in-offseason-brian-windhorst-floats-hypothetical/

Could Celtics Aquire Kevin Durant In Offseason? Brian Windhorst Floats Hypothetical

by Adam London on Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 10:34PM

Most expect Kyrie Irving to team up with a fellow NBA superstar this summer by one way or another.

If the Celtics are able to re-sign Irving in the offseason, Boston reportedly will make a push for an Anthony Davis trade. But if Irving elects to leave the C’s, the New York Knicks are viewed by many as the most likely landing spot for the star point guard, who very well could be joined by Kevin Durant in the Big Apple.

Brian Windhorst, however, believes there’s a scenario that nobody is considering.

During an appearance Tuesday on ESPN’s “The Jump,” Windhorst laid out a plan of how the Celtics could acquire Durant this summer and explained why the two-time NBA Finals MVP might want to team up with Irving in Boston.

“It’s not impossible for the Celtics to get their hands on Kevin Durant this offseason,” Windhorst said. “I’m not saying I think it’s gonna happen, I’m just saying it’s not impossible.

“They have the assets to trade for Anthony Davis. Kevin Durant can be signed and traded. They can work out a deal. Remember, the team that finished in ‘second place’ when he signed with the Warriors was Boston. When people look at Kyrie and KD, I think they automatically assume it’s just gonna be in New York. There’s other teams out there that could do it. … Don’t just assume that because KD and Kyrie have a relationship that they would only want to potentially play together in New York.”

This likely is a long shot, but you really never can rule anything out in the NBA. In addition to all of the points made by Windhorst, the Celtics would provide Durant with a real chance to compete for a championship. And if winning is a priority for the star forward, he could look to make a move out east to get out of the highly competitive Western Conference.

Danny Ainge never has been one to shy away from making a big move. While Davis likely sits atop the Celtics’ wish list, who’s to say they won’t pursue Durant if they miss out on The Brow? You could do much, much worse for a Plan B.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Could Celtics Aquire Kevin Durant In Offseason? Brian Windhorst Floats Hypothetical Empty Re: Could Celtics Aquire Kevin Durant In Offseason? Brian Windhorst Floats Hypothetical

Post by worcester Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:35 am

I had that very same thought this a.m. about KD signing with Boston. Why would we have to do a trade for him ? Isn't he a UFA?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Could Celtics Aquire Kevin Durant In Offseason? Brian Windhorst Floats Hypothetical Empty Re: Could Celtics Aquire Kevin Durant In Offseason? Brian Windhorst Floats Hypothetical

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:40 am

I don’t think we have the cap space to sign him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:52 am

Cap Space? We don't need no stinking cap space!

https://silverscreenings.org/2016/03/04/badges-we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges/
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:13 am

have to send Hayward or Horford back in any deal to make the money work.

not likely.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:52 pm

A trip to the NBA finals will give the Celtics pause in making any major changes. KD is not going to be on this team. He declined his chance 3 years ago.

Will Danny's craving for AD get squashed if we get to the finals? A win should greatly diminish any desire to gut out the young core of this roster along with a big bag of 1st round draft assets.

If the Celtics cannot get out of the East with all this talent expect a major move by Danny.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 pm

I am hopjng we make it to the NBA funals and keep our core intact.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:23 pm

worcester wrote:I am hopjng we make it to the NBA funals and keep our core intact.

Worcester

Even if we do not make it to the finals, I am leaning towards keeping the young core in tact. I believe that they can fix whatever needs to be fixed without adding AD to the mix.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Or KD...I would like to add a 5. And give RW more training.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down