NBA on pace to attempt a record 78,385 three pointers this year

3 posters

Go down

NBA on pace to attempt a record 78,385 three pointers this year Empty NBA on pace to attempt a record 78,385 three pointers this year

Post by steve3344 Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:39 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-sets-three-pointers-record-for-seventh-straight-season-154225296.html

They've been breaking the record for made and attempted threes every year recently. Sometimes it seems James Harden takes all of them. He attempted 23 last night, making 7, on his way to his 50 point triple double. The man can certainly score and is an offensive marvel but this is a league-wide trend I am certainly not in love with. The league record for attempted threes will be obliterated this year but the made rate is only 14th best all-time.

Here's my brilliant solution: If they made two pointers worth 2 1/2 points that would decrease the amount of threes and the game could revert a little back to the way it should be played. But then, we wouldn't be able to call them two pointers anymore. And announcers mentioning the score during a game would have to have the speaking abilities of an auctioneer.

Lame humor aside, there are too many threes. Houston took 60 of them in a game recently. And it didn't even go overtime.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

NBA on pace to attempt a record 78,385 three pointers this year Empty Re: NBA on pace to attempt a record 78,385 three pointers this year

Post by bobc33 Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:32 pm

The game has always changed over time, but I’m with you Steve. Watching the entire league go all in on threes has made for a less interesting product in my estimation.

Back to top Go down

NBA on pace to attempt a record 78,385 three pointers this year Empty Re: NBA on pace to attempt a record 78,385 three pointers this year

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:42 pm

Totally agreed with you guys....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down