cowens/oldschool
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
wideclyde
Shamrock1000
10 posters

Go down

Stephen A. Smith says Kyrie Irving will grant Lakers a free agent interview Empty Stephen A. Smith says Kyrie Irving will grant Lakers a free agent interview

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:08 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephen-smith-says-kyrie-irving-004341209.html

Kyrie Irving's free agency is going to generate quite a lot of buzz this offseason. Nobody knows what the Boston Celtics' star point guard plans to do this offseason, and he could draw interest from a number of teams.

While Irving may return to Boston, it seems likely that he will meet with some other teams and at least hear them out. And one of those teams may be the Los Angeles Lakers.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith recently said that he heard Irving would grant the Lakers a visit in free agency. Here's what Smith said about Irving's free agency on the Stephen A. Smith show.

" I'm told Kyrie Irving will grant the Lakers an interview this offseason, this summer. The Lakers will have an opportunity to get Kyrie Irving to come to L.A. I did not say he's coming to L.A.! I did not say that! I don't know what he's going to do, but during his free-agent tour, I'm told he going to give the Lakers an interview."

Of course, the intrigue of Irving potentially interviewing with the Lakers is that he would possibly be teaming up with LeBron James, who Irving seemed so desperate to get away from when the two were in Cleveland together. But maybe after dealing with the chemistry issues the Celtics have had at times this year, he could opt to rejoin LeBron.

Obviously, this is just a rumor, but it does point to the fact that Irving may be willing to test free agency. The Celtics will certainly have competition for Irving and right now, it seems that the Lakers and the New York Knicks could try to pry Irving away from them.

Celtics hopeful Smart will play in Game 1 against Pacers
The Celtics will have a chance to convince Irving to stay if they can capitalize on late-season success and do well in the playoffs. They are locked into the No. 4 seed and will play the Indiana Pacers in the first round.

I hope this is BS, and that it doesn't affect the mood/chemistry of the team going into the playoffs. I just can't imagine Kyrie running back to Lebron after the stink he made in Cleveland??? The optics of such a move would make him look so weak and so "beta". On the other hand, although SAS is an ASS, I doubt he would have said this if it didn't have some legs.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Stephen A. Smith says Kyrie Irving will grant Lakers a free agent interview Empty Re: Stephen A. Smith says Kyrie Irving will grant Lakers a free agent interview

Post by wideclyde Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:44 am

I can only agree with Bob, this is terrible timing by Irving if the story is true.

Again, if true, just one more reason for the Cs not to even consider talking to this guy about returning to Boston no matter how talented he may be. Should have traded him at the trade deadline in February.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Stephen A. Smith says Kyrie Irving will grant Lakers a free agent interview Empty Re: Stephen A. Smith says Kyrie Irving will grant Lakers a free agent interview

Post by dboss Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:13 pm

It is just a rumor.

Stephen A is white nose. But if it is true so what? FA should talk to different teams.

This is no reason for Boston not to talk with him. That is not logical. While LAL are going fishing Boston is headed to the playoffs. And I do not see KI heading out to LA to play with Lebron again.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Hello

Can I speak to Magic, this is Kyrie.

What? He is no longer there?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:09 pm

HAHA....Very funny. Did you watch part of the interview where he announced he was leaving. He is a mess. He does not know which end is up, and i think he did not want to fire Walton and knew that he was going to be forced to. What a mess. Someone said on line, why is it that it is always the coach’s fault, or the owner’s fault, but is really lebron’s fault. He is a selfish player, cares about himself.

Waiting until July 1 is going to be a trying time for Celtic fans. Stephen A is an ass, why he is the highest paid liar on ESPN is beyond me
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:17 pm

He quit without telling Jeannie Buss! Just held a press conference and announced it without talking to her. She must be ticked off royally
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:21 am

Kyrie Irving's free agency is going to generate quite a lot of buzz this offseason. Nobody knows what the Boston Celtics' star point guard plans to do this offseason, and he could draw interest from a number of teams.

While Irving may return to Boston, it seems likely that many other players will meet with some other teams and at least hear them out. And one of those teams may be the Los Angeles Lakers.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith recently said that he heard Irving would grant the Steve A. Smith a visit to the Lakers before the beginning in free agency. Here's what Smith said about Irving's comments on the Stephen A. Smith show.

" I'm told that Kyrie Irving will grant me a Lakers interview this offseason, this summer. The Lakers will have an opportunity to get me to come to L.A. I did not say he's coming to L.A.! I did not say that! I don't know what he's going to do, but during my free-agent tour, I'm told he is going to give me a Lakers interview."

Of course, the intrigue of Smith potentially interviewing with the Lakers is that he could possibly be "Coach in Name Only", teaming up with LeBron James, who Smith seemed so desperate to endlessly lavish praise on, from when the two were in Cleveland together. But maybe after dealing with their own chemistry issues, which they have had at times this year, he could opt to rejoin LeBron.

Obviously, this is just a rumor, but it does point to the fact that Irving may be falsely connected to any and all rumors regarding free agency this offseason. The Celtics will certainly have to overpay for Irving to stay, and right now, it seems that the Lakers (and the New York Knicks, new entry into this Smith rumor) could try to pry Smith away from them for spite.

True statements all:
Celtics hopeful Larry Bird and Kevin McHale will play in Game 1 against Pacers
The Celtics will have a chance to convince them to stay if they can capitalize on late-season success and do well in the playoffs.
They are locked into the No. 4 seed and will play the Indiana Pacers in the first round, and then again, sometime next season.

There, fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:12 am

Yawn, who gives a flying fuck...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:51 am

This rumor by Stephen Ass..... just another story line that will back fire on him. He is so busy trying to outrun WoJo that the stuff he comes up with proves most of the time to be just that, a joke.

Free Agency is just that, free I guess Kyrie would be silly not to listen to a couple of teams and see what they are offering. Then he may appreciate more what is available to him here Time will tell
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Yeah, that dumpster fire is exactly where Kyrie wants to go. Smile
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:56 am

IMHO-
1. Jeannie said to Magic, “Here’s your hat now what’s your hurry”.
2. Improv Magic tried to save face by resigning.
3. Let’s not get it twisted. Magic was not the reason Lebron went to LA and anyone who wants to give him credit for it is forgiven but know that your account is maxed out.
4. Magic wanted to fire Luke long ago but Jeannie said “Hold your horses Earvin”.
5. Magic knew that his job was full time with lots of overtime. He knew that when he took it and was a lousy employee.
6. Magic showed little respect for his players. Remember when asked if they were able to move Lue Dang's contract and Magic said “I wish, haha”. He was the only one laughing bcuz Deng was still on the team when he said it. Disrespectful to say the least.
How bout his screaming at Luke Walton so loud that every moose in Canada could hear him. Again, disrespect.
7. Botching the AD trade because of his incompetence and later saying that his players need to learn that anyone could be traded. No shit Earvin but apparently you couldn’t  even do that right.
8. And lets not mention his unWest like signings of Beasley, Stephenson and McGee.
9. AND, Every GM and scout in the league could see the potential in Ivicka Zubac, except Magic. Earvin not only traded him but traded him to the CLIPPERS!
Now, if you were Jeannie Buss would you still have this incompetent Bozo on your payroll? Jeannie may not be the best executive in the league but even dead Ray Charles blindfolded could see that Earvin didn’t know what the fk he was doing.
So...Now Earvin can go back to “having fun again”. Poor bastard. Tell that to someone who has to get on 128 every morning and night (yes, night) to go to work and get back home in time for Kilmer's monologue.
10. Let’s face it. Johnson was a joke. Which makes me really upset. But not because he sucked and is gone but because he sucked and is not there to screw the Lakers up even more.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:22 am

Ktronic, spoken like a true Celtics fan.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:07 pm

The Lakers are a veritable shitstorm with a lack of both coaching and ownership direction. I doubt Kyrie will be teaming up with Lebron again.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Kitronic you also forgot to mention he got rid of smooth lefty DeAngelo Russell, who can score at all levels and is going to be at worst a multiple all star, 5-6 times or more; at best could be a poor mans version or the next James Harden. Drafted Lonzo Ball, he of the broken jump shot and with a serious injury history that can never get on the floor....or is he pulling a Fultz?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:30 pm

worcester wrote:Ktronic, spoken like a true Celtics fan.

Thank you sir :>)
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:33 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Kitronic you also forgot to mention he got rid of smooth lefty DeAngelo Russell, who can score at all levels and is going to be at worst a multiple all star, 5-6 times or more; at best could be a poor mans version or the next James Harden. Drafted Lonzo Ball, he of the broken jump shot and with a serious injury history that can never get on the floor....or is he pulling a Fultz?

Right. I thought about that later. He also let Julius Randle go. What a numbskull
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Russell killing 76ers right now!!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:04 pm

They just showed Amir Johnson on the bench (I guess not activated for the playoffs)? with a cell phone in his hand laughing with Embid. Nice message to send out. Losing big on home court. Hmmm....what's going on there?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:33 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:They just showed Amir Johnson on the bench (I guess not activated for the playoffs)? with a cell phone in his hand laughing with Embid.  Nice message to send out. Losing big on home court. Hmmm....what's going on there?

Word is that Johnson was checking on the health of his daughter who is seriously Ill.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:38 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Russell killing 76ers right now!!!!!

The 76ers look like they could be had in this round. Brett brown is pretty much out the door. Ben Simmons is way overrated and Embiid is a mental case!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Russell killing 76ers right now!!!!!

The 76ers look like they could be had in this round. Brett brown is pretty much out the door. Ben Simmons is way overrated and Embiid is a mental case!
Yup everything I thought was gonna happen did, Russell showed he’s the real deal, doing his thing with 14 3rd quarter points and Lavert such a well rounded player. Sixers in big trouble, don’t see Butler going for another 36. Nets younger and faster at every position.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:

Word is that Johnson was checking on the health of his daughter who is seriously Ill.

Team wouldnt have fined him if this were the case.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:  

Team wouldnt have fined him if this were the case.  

Having a cell phone on the bench is against the rules.  Hence the fine.

No matter the reason, it is against the rules.  The team would fine him no matter what.

Johnson apologized and paid the fine.  It is a big nothing sandwich, IMO.

Nice story, thought.  I always liked Amir Johnson.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down